My fiance can be such a jerk sometimes

Options
1234568»

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    After reading your post I thought it was a pretty horrible troll attempt, but then again people are feeding into it so I give you a 5/10.

My goal was to create a story so absolutely ridiculous that no one could possibly take it seriously. I apparently failed. Therefore, I think I deserve a 10.
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want me to lose weight. It's just his insecurity, thinking I'll leave him if I do. Anyone else dealing with an unsupportive SO?

If you do lose weight, will you leave him?
    Well, of course. I mean, why settle for mediocre when you can get the best? It's all about looks and money, after all.

And make sure you treat your new boyfriend of a week better than you ever treated your fiance. Wear thongs, lingerie, string bikinis, and do all of those nasty things that you refused to do to your fiance. And make sure he finds about your new change in "attitude". Your fiance sounds like a wimp and he needs to butch up a little.
  • howcanthatbetakenalready
    Options
    I'm really trying hard to do this whole lifestyle change thing and I like to exercise outside. It gets dark so early these days, though, and I can only go after work. We're really close to the projects in Baltimore and he keeps telling me I shouldn't run there at night, but I NEED to get my workout in.

I'm pretty sure he just doesn't want me to lose weight. It's just his insecurity, thinking I'll leave him if I do. Anyone else dealing with an unsupportive SO?

My ex wasn't just unsupportive. Through manipulation and control she would attempt to sabotage. And was vocally jealous when progress was being made.

HOWEVER if there isn't more to your story it could be he simply cares about you and doesn't want you being harmed.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Get rid of fiance. If you already have these feelings (and I'm sure you have many more examples), it's not gonna get any better.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Get rid of fiance. If you already have these feelings (and I'm sure you have many more examples), it's not gonna get any better.

Yep.. let fiancee find someone who is not a completely narcissistic and insecure snowflake. :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.