lol thought this pic parodied feminism well(Women only pls)

Options

Replies

• emtbabe326
    Options

The burger destroys you.

No idiots who want to make a bunch of women pissed destroy us-well actually you are so insignificant that you couldn't possibly destroy me. You must be small "down there" huh? Get a life. Find something else to do. And shut that hole in your face. Mkay???
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what this has to do with feminism...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Uhh first problem is that this isn't parodying feminism. Feminism is the strive for gender equality in society today. This seems to be a parody of the body acceptance movement.

Beyond just the fact those themes are interrelated, there is also more allegory there than you yourself might have initially assessed

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

You talk funny.

Not as funny as the OP.
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    RE: original burger post.
    1. not feminism.
    2. about body image
    3. I bet the second burger tastes better. It hasn't been sprayed and shelacked and all the other nasty stuff they do to make food hold up and look good under camera lights.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    And at the end of this all I want is a hamburger to nomnomnom on.

Or tacos... I would take tacos too..
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    itemmgl274_jpg.jpg
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S SO FUNNY TO JOKE ABOUT THE OP MAYBE BEING GAY.

I assume it's because of his history of hate speech, and what appear to be his successful attempts to seed the disgusting culture of bb.com/misc in MFP.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143768413
    it makes me feel just as sick to see it here as there.
    Did the blue man panties also make you physically sick?!
    I almost lost my burger!!!

Yes! Dammit, why did i click that link???
    :frown: :sick: :angry:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    How did this go from feminism to gay bashing? :cry:

Either way...op....Stuff like this doesn't bother me. I could care less what society's standards are when it comes to the "perfect" body. As for feminism, I don't see the connection. Yes, I get the parallel with body image, however I don't think it's anything for women to get their backs up over.

Im glad to finally see some reasonable responses from some of the women.

Beyond what you (and others) just mentioned about the parallel with body image is that the burgers also have a multi layered meaning such as (as opposed to the "when did this become hot" pics) the very notion of the whole concept is you shouldn't be focused on something that destroys you and your family in the first place.

The burger destroys you.

You are fighting for the comfortable indulgence of your self centered pleasure at the expense of destruction, (whether you realize it or not, it is a sociological byproduct of the feminist agenda) and the balance of relationships, tolerance, family, and the well being of society and the family unit.

Furthermore there is more allegory: in that the person is so focused on the self, they are missing the whole point of marketing basics and logistical logic of aesthetics, because they are so sick, and they need to control the whole universe around them to, to break it, at the whim of their 1st world entitlement just to feel comfortable in their addiction. To feed in peace, on their self centered cravings. To feed their insecurities in peace.

The ridiculousness of asking businesses to change effective marketing tactics just so you don't feel bad becomes more comical when you replace people with inconsequential burgers. And the burgers representing a manifestation of the self destruction of insecurity.

Beyond that there is even more allegory...

The ironic, nihilistic, narcissistic troll-fu is strong in this one.
  • Dan_Druff
    Dan_Druff Posts: 104
    Options
    As feminist I find this completely offensive.

As a feminist, I find it completely stupid. It's not worth getting offended over.

As a feminist I read bedtime stories to my cats every night.
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    "Body Acceptance"

27874381_4543.jpg

I like rolls and six packs. Sometimes at the same time. I call it carb loading...

>___>

Well, I call it that anyway...

Wait, what? Don't real WOMEN go for bones? This is getting SO confusing?

Ba-dump CHAAAAA

;-)
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    How did this go from feminism to gay bashing? :cry:

Either way...op....Stuff like this doesn't bother me. I could care less what society's standards are when it comes to the "perfect" body. As for feminism, I don't see the connection. Yes, I get the parallel with body image, however I don't think it's anything for women to get their backs up over.

Im glad to finally see some reasonable responses from some of the women.

Beyond what you (and others) just mentioned about the parallel with body image is that the burgers also have a multi layered meaning such as (as opposed to the "when did this become hot" pics) the very notion of the whole concept is you shouldn't be focused on something that destroys you and your family in the first place.

The burger destroys you.

You are fighting for the comfortable indulgence of your self centered pleasure at the expense of destruction, (whether you realize it or not, it is a sociological byproduct of the feminist agenda) and the balance of relationships, tolerance, family, and the well being of society and the family unit.

Furthermore there is more allegory: in that the person is so focused on the self, they are missing the whole point of marketing basics and logistical logic of aesthetics, because they are so sick, and they need to control the whole universe around them to, to break it, at the whim of their 1st world entitlement just to feel comfortable in their addiction. To feed in peace, on their self centered cravings. To feed their insecurities in peace.

The ridiculousness of asking businesses to change effective marketing tactics just so you don't feel bad becomes more comical when you replace people with inconsequential burgers. And the burgers representing a manifestation of the self destruction of insecurity.

Beyond that there is even more allegory...

Christ it's like listening to a 15 year olds fanfic of Dawson's Creek
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options
    ok, I did my homework and I think the REAL question is:
    WHY ARE WE GIVING A SECOND THOUGHT TO ANYTHING THIS GUYS SAYS??
    (he's clearly sick)

Im at a loss for words......
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    in...

...to find out what these have to do with this topic? :huh:

zingers.jpg
    When I was 17, my best friend and I were craving those and so we went with her ex-boyfriend in his car to get them. We told her parents we were leaving and thought they responded, but they hadn't heard us. Then we went somewhere else and got stuck in snow and took forever getting home and I ended up getting grounded.

I blame the Zingers.
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like mine with lettuce and tomato.....Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes. A big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer.

OMG feed me!
  • LookMaNoHands
    LookMaNoHands Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Okay, so, yeah, if everyone could go ahead and get pissy and whiny and start getting offended in every possible way, that'd be great.

Oh, wait, I see you have all done that already. Nevermind me. Carry on. :-)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    This is a great half troll/half earnest thread, lol.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S SO FUNNY TO JOKE ABOUT THE OP MAYBE BEING GAY.

I assume it's because of his history of hate speech, and what appear to be his successful attempts to seed the disgusting culture of bb.com/misc in MFP.

Wow. Why did I have to go to that link? That is the most disgusting web site I have seen in years. And after reading the OPs comments, I think MFP should have a filter rejecting anyone who has ever posted on that site. I need a shower now. Bleeeehhhhh!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    "Body Acceptance"

27874381_4543.jpg

lollz...
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    As feminist I find this completely offensive.

As a feminist, I find it completely stupid. It's not worth getting offended over.

As a feminist I read bedtime stories to my cats every night.

As a feminist I knit scarves for my cats as we watch drunk history together.
    554a3b722d6f11e2a7ed22000a1f8f24_7.jpg
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    ok, I did my homework and I think the REAL question is:
    WHY ARE WE GIVING A SECOND THOUGHT TO ANYTHING THIS GUYS SAYS??
    (he's clearly sick)

Im at a loss for words......

Yeah, I agree. Some things I wish I could UNsee.
This discussion has been closed.