lol thought this pic parodied feminism well(Women only pls)

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I heard intelligence and had to bask in the sexiness of it.

In summary: Hey... how you doin'? :wink:

OHAI!

You know, I'm just hanging out, contemplating the vastness of the periphery. It really makes you reflect on the subtext of the cumquat. Brrzt. Freezeray. Parallel. Applesauce.

ALL TEH BIG WERDZ!!!!!!!

The-Beatles-Christmas-con-007.jpg
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    This thread is a pretty good example of why I don't get involved in the message boards on here.

Then why are you here? :wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    This thread is a pretty good example of why I don't get involved in the message boards on here.

You really think this thread is representative of all of the MFP forum threads?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm no fan of the OP's, but some of comments in this thread are over the line. Being gay is not a insult, and it's a little nauseating that so many people seem to think it's a hilarious way to bash the OP.

i didn't know he was. i don't support bashing of any kind except justin bieber, miley cryus, lady gaga. i just don't like them. plus he went after some of us over the JB topic first.if you looked. it over. we have a right to talk about famous people exspecial when they do dump stuff.i could careless about the colour of your skin or what team you play for it doesn't affect me i support egual rights for every one
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    damnit now i wanna burger - gahhhh

Dont trivialize this. And as I stated b4, women only please.

How come a brah gets to determine that "women only" get to participate in a discussion of feminism and burgers, even if it his original post?

Seems full of irony.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    How did this go from feminism to gay bashing? :cry:

Either way...op....Stuff like this doesn't bother me. I could care less what society's standards are when it comes to the "perfect" body. As for feminism, I don't see the connection. Yes, I get the parallel with body image, however I don't think it's anything for women to get their backs up over.

Im glad to finally see some reasonable responses from some of the women.

Beyond what you (and others) just mentioned about the parallel with body image is that the burgers also have a multi layered meaning such as (as opposed to the "when did this become hot" pics) the very notion of the whole concept is you shouldn't be focused on something that destroys you and your family in the first place.

The burger destroys you.

You are fighting for the comfortable indulgence your self centered pleasure at the expense of destruction, (whether you realize it or not, it is a sociological byproduct of the feminist agenda) and the balance of relationships, tolerance, family, and the well being of society and the family unit.

Furthermore there is more allegory: in that the person is so focused on the self, they are missing the whole point of marketing basics and logistical logic of aesthetics, because they are so sick, and they need to control the whole universe around them to, to break it, at the whim of their 1st world entitlement just to feel comfortable in their addiction. To feed in peace, on their self centered cravings. To feed their insecurities in peace.

The ridiculousness of asking businesses to change effective marketing tactics just so you don't feel bad becomes more comical when you replace people with inconsequential burgers. And the burgers representing a manifestation of the self destruction of insecurity.

Beyond that there is even more allegory...

Will you send me some of whatever you are smoking?

I need a good trip.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    "Body Acceptance"

27874381_4543.jpg

I like rolls and six packs. Sometimes at the same time. I call it carb loading...

>___>

Well, I call it that anyway...

Wait, what? Don't real WOMEN go for bones? This is getting SO confusing?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    do people really look at their burgers and admire them for their physical beauty before eating them?

I mean each to their own... nothing wrong with admiring the aesthetic properties of burgers before eating them, if that's your thing. Just personally I'd rather get on with eating it, and don't bother even fully unwrapping it because the wrapper is useful for holding the burger while eating it.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    FYi.

Beauty is all that matters on earth. There is nothing funner in life than being attractive. Nothing is more exciting. It is everything, and everything else is nothing.

You are nothing. And in my threads you can really feel it, your nothingness, a reminder of it.

OP... so you're saying you prefer the burger on the left?
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow, fun thread.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I heard intelligence and had to bask in the sexiness of it.

In summary: Hey... how you doin'? :wink:

OHAI!

You know, I'm just hanging out, contemplating the vastness of the periphery. It really makes you reflect on the subtext of the cumquat. Brrzt. Freezeray. Parallel. Applesauce.

ALL TEH BIG WERDZ!!!!!!!

The-Beatles-Christmas-con-007.jpg

Oh my, I seemed to have misplaced my underwear...

*look around*

Oh, there they are! They seem to have fallen off... And flung themselves across the room. In DC's general direction...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

You really think this thread is representative of all of the MFP forum threads?

Good catch.

1) no sabotage
    2) bigger words than normal
    3) no 1200 cals
    4) no "mean people" commentary
    5) etc., etc., etc.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Uhh first problem is that this isn't parodying feminism. Feminism is the strive for gender equality in society today. This seems to be a parody of the body acceptance movement.

Beyond just the fact those themes are interrelated, there is also more allegory there than you yourself might have initially assessed

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • Marcia315
    Options
    damnit now i wanna burger - gahhhh

Dont trivialize this. And as I stated b4, women only please.

How come a brah gets to determine that "women only" get to participate in a discussion of feminism and burgers, even if it his original post?

Seems full of irony.

I was thinking it's full of something else.............
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    "Body Acceptance"

27874381_4543.jpg

I like rolls and six packs. Sometimes at the same time. I call it carb loading...

>___>

Well, I call it that anyway...

Wait, what? Don't real WOMEN go for bones? This is getting SO confusing?

Ba-dump CHAAAAA
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Is that because it has people coming in to post just that they don't like it?
    ;)
    This I can agree with. While I don't agree with the OP, I don't ever think its okay to use gay as an insult ever.
    So, out of interest, what IS acceptable to use as an insult?
  • Marcia315
    Options
    How did this go from feminism to gay bashing? :cry:

Either way...op....Stuff like this doesn't bother me. I could care less what society's standards are when it comes to the "perfect" body. As for feminism, I don't see the connection. Yes, I get the parallel with body image, however I don't think it's anything for women to get their backs up over.

Im glad to finally see some reasonable responses from some of the women.

Beyond what you (and others) just mentioned about the parallel with body image is that the burgers also have a multi layered meaning such as (as opposed to the "when did this become hot" pics) the very notion of the whole concept is you shouldn't be focused on something that destroys you and your family in the first place.

The burger destroys you.

You are fighting for the comfortable indulgence of your self centered pleasure at the expense of destruction, (whether you realize it or not, it is a sociological byproduct of the feminist agenda) and the balance of relationships, tolerance, family, and the well being of society and the family unit.

Furthermore there is more allegory: in that the person is so focused on the self, they are missing the whole point of marketing basics and logistical logic of aesthetics, because they are so sick, and they need to control the whole universe around them to, to break it, at the whim of their 1st world entitlement just to feel comfortable in their addiction. To feed in peace, on their self centered cravings. To feed their insecurities in peace.

The ridiculousness of asking businesses to change effective marketing tactics just so you don't feel bad becomes more comical when you replace people with inconsequential burgers. And the burgers representing a manifestation of the self destruction of insecurity.

Beyond that there is even more allegory...

And beyond that is another pile of crap masking as deep thought.
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You are fighting for the comfortable indulgence your self centered pleasure at the expense of destruction, (whether you realize it or not, it is a sociological byproduct of the feminist agenda) and the balance of relationships, tolerance, family, and the well being of society and the family unit.

Certainly the above should be submitted for a Ph.D. in "logistical logic," whatever that may be.

Working title: "BurgerWomen: On Allegory, Logistical Logic, and Lack of Effective Punctuation."

Or, alternatively:

"Burger the Traveller; he will come in one of the pre-chosen forms.
    During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveller came as a large and moving Whopper!
    Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex Supplicants, they chose a new form for him -- that of a Giant Sloar!
    Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOJgLONTBbmxfN1kZIm-yMO1khpsJC039XggjWUDcpC8Xr2NmnKg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

The burger destroys you.

The burger doesn't destroy me. One cheeseburger from McDonalds cost $1, has 300 calories and 15 grams of protien. It's providing 300 calories of energy, and 15 grams of protein (and 680mg of salt) for a $1. I could get 2 and have a meal for the money it takes me about 3 minutes to earn. I'm okay with that.

Neither does feminism destroy relationships or family units. My relationship is pretty ****ing awesome and my so is my "family unit". I don't understand how wanting to be valued as an intelligent, hard working, caring individual instead of as a "pretty face" destroys anything. How does wanting to have the freedom to have a education or a career destroy anything? Yes, my children go to daycare a few days a week. They are still happy well adjusted children. And I don't really see my husband complaining because we have twice the income we would if I stayed home. No one is destroyed.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Uhh first problem is that this isn't parodying feminism. Feminism is the strive for gender equality in society today. This seems to be a parody of the body acceptance movement.

Beyond just the fact those themes are interrelated, there is also more allegory there than you yourself might have initially assessed

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.

You talk funny.
This discussion has been closed.