lol thought this pic parodied feminism well(Women only pls)

Options

Replies

• Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    here OP, this should make you happy. Bieber likes burgers too.

tumblr_mgag94taqi1rtneqqo1_1280_zps6454ae8d.gif
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    How did this go from feminism to gay bashing? :cry:

Either way...op....Stuff like this doesn't bother me. I could care less what society's standards are when it comes to the "perfect" body. As for feminism, I don't see the connection. Yes, I get the parallel with body image, however I don't think it's anything for women to get their backs up over.
  • kathrinnbauer
    kathrinnbauer Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA IT'S SO FUNNY TO JOKE ABOUT THE OP MAYBE BEING GAY.

I assume it's because of his history of hate speech, and what appear to be his successful attempts to seed the disgusting culture of bb.com/misc in MFP.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143768413

OMG what a freak
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I need feminism because women aren't burgers.

This.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    This isn't about food or burgers

To be honest, it isn't really about feminism either...

But hasn't the fat acceptance movement primarily focused on a feminist model of patriarchal oppression of fat women? --most clearly represented by the encouragement of women to diet??? I implore you to be reasonable!!

First of all, your photo is not an analogy for fat acceptance, it' s an analogy for accepting real. Fat is real but isn't exactly something that should be accepted. The "Real Women" movement is about accepting an obtainable standard for women for who they are, not their appearence. The women represented in these photos aren't necessarily fat. They are ususally of healthy BF% and BMI. Furthermore it isn't even fully about the the fact that the women presented by media are unobtainable standards of beauty as mush as what is their beauty? Their beauty is an altered image of an already asthetically pleasing view. That is what is being represented as beauty. While the opposing side is saying that the stretch marks from pregnancy are what make a woman beautiful. Women who do and accomplish amazing things. That is what makes them beautiful. Their kind heart, the dedication. Not their flawless skin and abs.

The movement isn't about fat acceptance and fat shaming. It is about what we look for to define beauty. Superficial falsified perfection? Or women who strive to do amazing things?

That's how I perceive it anyway.

It's not about dieting or not dieting. It's being healthy and how we should have women who do great things to look up to. not women who surgically alter their body for acceptance of physic without anything substantial to idolize. I don't care about what people look like, I care about who people are. As a woman, I want real women who do great things for my future daughter to look up to. Not flawlessly beautiful women who are only flawless because of make up artists, personal trainers and chefs, and photoshop who could care less about the meanings of their actions or what they represent, as long as they are pretty. Give me a scientist, give me philanthropist, a teacher or a mother. Don't give me someone who binges and purges, who needs acceptance of her physical self because that is temporary. What should matter is being the best that you can be. Being healthy goes along with that. Being healthy doesn't necessarily mean abs and size 2 pants. Physical appearence should be a non issue.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    In...

...for inevitable burger-shaming.

You mean like how the one on the left looks like the smooth delicious sought after buns of my youth, while the one on the right looks like the lumpy, sad, mushy buns of my future that no man will want? And how I should not care?

But some real man will still enjoy your lumpy, sad, mushy buns and leave the pretty buns for those who eat trophy burgers.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

I assume it's because of his history of hate speech, and what appear to be his successful attempts to seed the disgusting culture of bb.com/misc in MFP.

Oh good, another link to enchanted forest rapey times and ugliness. OP is creepy and sad, really.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

It is now

fea7e74a-3871-4a36-b83b-7388318c9830_zps267b7997.jpg

Lmfao, love you Derp!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

Enchanted forest, omg, lollololol
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9pi6j0dWO1qjq2t3o1_500.gif
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

But hasn't the fat acceptance movement primarily focused on a feminist model of patriarchal oppression of fat women? --most clearly represented by the encouragement of women to diet??? I implore you to be reasonable!!

Well if that's the case, this one lampoons it better than the burger one:

Dove_Men_Attractive_Commecial.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1376768792316
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Either way...op....Stuff like this doesn't bother me. I could care less what society's standards are when it comes to the "perfect" body. As for feminism, I don't see the connection. Yes, I get the parallel with body image, however I don't think it's anything for women to get their backs up over.

:laugh:
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options

it makes me feel just as sick to see it here as there.
    Did the blue man panties also make you physically sick?!
    I almost lost my burger!!!

Wait that's a dude's *kitten*?
    LMAO!!! Yes I believe it was his :laugh:
    This has been truly entertaining, seriously the funniest thread I think I have ever seen on MFP.
    KEEP IT GOING GUYS!
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options

it makes me feel just as sick to see it here as there.
    Did the blue man panties also make you physically sick?!
    I almost lost my burger!!!

Wait that's a dude's *kitten*?
    LMAO!!! Yes I believe it was his :laugh:
    This has been truly entertaining, seriously the funniest thread I think I have ever seen on MFP.
    KEEP IT GOING GUYS! :heart:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Well if that's the case, this one lampoons it better than the burger one:

Dove_Men_Attractive_Commecial.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1376768792316

Except... I actually wanted to eat both burgers.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

No. I don't think the fat acceptance movement has anything to do with feminism. Feminism combats the oppression of women, fat or skinny. We wish to be treated equally to men, to be valued on our personality, and intelligence, not on our physical beauty, same as men are. (Now this brings up a counter point, are men really valued on personality and intelligence that much more than women? Are they not also judge on physical appearance?)

You image parodies images like this:
    when-did-this-become-hotter-than-this.jpg

This is not something a "feminist" would post. A friend of mine posted such an image on facebook the other day and my reaction (as a "feminist") was to be disgusted by the body shaming, the attempt to make ones sellf feel better by insulting others, etc. A feminist would want all of those women to be judge on their accomplishments, personality, intelligence, kindness, ect. We wouldn't try to make ourselves feel better about our appearance by down grading the appearances of others.

I mean, this one is okay, but again, it's still putting a lot importance on physical beauty.
    when-did-this-become-hotter-than-this-it-didnt.jpg
    *although this brings up a personal issue I have with the feminist movement; can't beauty ever be appreciated?

Great reply. thanks

What she said!!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    here OP, this should make you happy. Bieber likes burgers too.

tumblr_mgag94taqi1rtneqqo1_1280_zps6454ae8d.gif

lol your asking for trouble this is the op favorit singer. he defended him last week
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    lol your asking for trouble this is the op favorit singer. he defended him last week

I know - that's why I said it. lol.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

I haven't seen anyone bash him for it!? Bashing him would imply it's something bad....

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm no fan of the OP's, but some of comments in this thread are over the line. Being gay is not a insult, and it's a little nauseating that so many people seem to think it's a hilarious way to bash the OP.
This discussion has been closed.