• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I hope this is a troll …

sugar is awful and wheat bread should be avoided..???? WTF
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    there is some stuff in there worth considering - there has been a lot of stuff written on how bad sugar is for you. (just see the effect on your kids when they have too much! ha ha!) and we now have genetically altered foods and soils that no longer have the minerals in them etc that our foods are grown in. Plus lots of scary pesticide use. As far as vitamins - I don't believe they are regulated so I am sure lots sold are filled with crap or substandard ingredients.

*sigh*

Why is it all the people who say sugar is bad for you suggest we eat more fruits and vegetables? Is the sugar in them magically different?

And why would I assume the vitamins this alleged quack sells are any better than anyone elses, considering about 80% of the vitamins out there come from the same mill, just under different brand names?

don't you know that fruit sugar is a magical substance that is made from fairy dust and ground up unicorn horns…while added sugar is satan reincarnate and belongs in the seventh layer of hell?

I also hear that fruit sugar is negative calories….
  • amandahowze1
    amandahowze1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. If he wasn't selling anything I would believe it .
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif \m/

^
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    "All the good doctors (like Dr. Oz) "

Can't stop laughing :devil: :noway:

Yep, that part was the best.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I would believe numbers 3, 4, 6 and 7 but not much else without any further research. Also, todays grains are very different to grains from 1000s of years ago which is why we have gluten intolerances now. Grains should be eaten in their fermented state apparently. Modern day cereals are pretty much just pure refined sugar.

You mean Celiacs disease?
  • kmart919
    kmart919 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This was such a great laugh before bed. I usually just get annoyed reading posts on here, but this one made all the other ones worth it. According to that list, I'm just screwed though...I might as well roll over and die right now! Haha. This was a joke...right??
  • ColoradoCountryGal
    Options
    1 - The adrenal glands handle all stress and they can't distinguish between physical and mental stress. Being stressed releases cortisol which makes you store belly fat.

2 - Fat burning only occurs during your deep sleep at night.

3 - Sugar is bad.....awful....Wheat bread should be considered a dessert because it is a 71 on the glycemic index

4 - Actually.....all grains are bad. It's a worthless food group and every grain should be considered a dessert

5 - You have to eat 25 apples today to get the same nutritional value from one apple in the 1940s.

6 - Cereal companies take all nutrients out of the grain and then spray it with 6 synthetic vitamins and minerals....that's what enriched and fortified means.

7 - You really need to watch carbs and sugars. Calories don't really mean anything. All the good doctors (like Dr. Oz) say your body doesn't really know calories....It just knows hormones.

8 - You should only eat a max of 72g of carbs and 9g sugar per day.

At this point he did a really cool demonstration where people pushed their pointer finger against their thumb....and he would not be able to pry the two apart.....but then they would touch a processed food and he could pry their fingers apart.....This is because of the negative energy floating through these processed foods.......The only one it didn't work on was me.....He said that the Luna bar I was touching must be pretty good and it must be because of all the soy in it that I didn't lose as much strength. Amazing!!!

He also did another demonstration where someone held up their arm and he couldn't push it down.......he touched on his chest (heart) and it was still strong but when he pushed on his abdomen (liver) he could push the arm down so he must have a liver problem.........He brushed his hand down the patient's back a few times and then repeated the test and could not push the arm down.....His liver is on the way to recovery.

9 - Everyone needs 5 supplements....He went through it so quickly I didn't catch them all but they included multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and fish oil....along with two others.

10 - All supplements are not created equal....Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/ETC are cheap supplements and don't realy make a difference. He sells one in his office though called Standard Process and they are amazing. The others are made from oil/tar and are petroleum based products but the ones he sells are from real foods.

11 - Joint pain is pretty much always caused from poor nutrition.

12 - Detoxing is great but only if you are up for it. You need to eat right and exercise first before starting your full body cleanse. He did a detox once when his body wasn't ready and ended up with hyperthyroidism. He started eating right though and it fixed itself.

13 - You should only eat 3-4 oz. of protein at a time. Any more than 4 oz. and the remainder is immediately stored as fat instead.

14 - Juicing is great....watch the fruits though. Only 3.33 C (max) fruit per day and 10C vegetables per day (min)

15 - If you are trying to lose weight eat your fruit late at night before you go to bed so you can burn off all the fruit sugar while you sleep.....Otherwise you have to burn the fruit sugar off first when you exercise.

16 - You should do a parasite protocol every year because 9-10 people have parasites inside of them.

I am so lost... Grains are bad? His liver is bad? You only burn fat while sleeping? *Brain Explosion*
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    1 - The adrenal glands handle all stress and they can't distinguish between physical and mental stress. Being stressed releases cortisol which makes you store belly fat.

Your brain can though.
    2 - Fat burning only occurs during your deep sleep at night.

not true
    3 - Sugar is bad.....awful....Wheat bread should be considered a dessert because it is a 71 on the glycemic index

Sugar isn't that bad. Too much sugar is bad. Too much of anything is bad. Too much vitamin A is toxic and will kill you. That doesn't mean people shouldn't have sugar or vitamin A in moderation.

As to whether bread should be considered a desert or not.... that's a matter of opinion and culture.
    4 - Actually.....all grains are bad. It's a worthless food group and every grain should be considered a dessert

They contain complex carbs and several vitamins. I wouldn't call them worthless. Also, mesolithic and neolithic people didn't start storing and later cultivating grains because they were a worthless food. They did it because they were a very valuable food for surviving the winters when there was no guarantee they could hunt and gather enough in their local environment to feed their communities through the winter.

Just because modern people tend to eat too much of something, it doesn't mean that the food is bad or worthless. It just means people need to learn to moderate their intake somewhat.
    5 - You have to eat 25 apples today to get the same nutritional value from one apple in the 1940s.

Can you prove that with peer-reviewed journal articles? If anything apples are more nutritious than in the past, because of selective breeding. Intensive farming can deplete the nutritional content of food, but not by as much as the above claim. Also, not all apples in the 1940s were the same, not all apples now are the same. Are you saying that the apples growing on my parents' apple trees in their back garden are less nutritious than the ones that grew in my grandparents' back garden in the 1940s?
    6 - Cereal companies take all nutrients out of the grain and then spray it with 6 synthetic vitamins and minerals....that's what enriched and fortified means.

No, they don't take out nutrients. Not all cereal companies are the same. Fortified means added nutrients. The extent to which nutrients are lost prior to that depends on how the cereal is made. They're not all made the same way, and none of them deliberately remove nutrients just for the sake of it. If they remove the husk, then that's what happens, but there are a lot of wholegrain cereals on the market, such as Weetabix, where they *don't* remove the husk.
    7 - You really need to watch carbs and sugars. Calories don't really mean anything. All the good doctors (like Dr. Oz) say your body doesn't really know calories....It just knows hormones.

All the good doctors (like Dr Oz).... okay now I can't take you seriously at all. The guy's a quack.

Your body doesn't know calories, but it does know energy. Calories is a unit of energy. Your body knows if it's getting enough energy or not, and if it's getting too much, the excess is stored as fat. If your body didn't know when you're not getting enough energy, Homo erectus would have starved to death. Not enough energy = hunger. Enough energy = satiated. Too much energy = excess stored as fat. It's not just humans, pretty much all mammals' bodies work like this, and reptiles and other animals have similar systems for ensuring they get enough energy from food. If they didn't then they'd starve to death.

Calories is just a unit of energy. Of course your body knows if it's getting enough energy or not..... so yes calories absolutely do matter. Carbs are just one of three nutrients that your body gets energy from. Eating so much fat that your giving your body more energy than it needs will also make you fat.
    8 - You should only eat a max of 72g of carbs and 9g sugar per day.

what, even marathon runners :huh:

this is too few carbs for me, and too few carbs affects my brain and makes me more vulnerable to PTSD triggers. The above may be sufficient carbs for a totally sedentary person. but the more active you are, the more carbs you need to eat, and too few carbs is actually bad for you. The brain needs carbs to function optimally, and people with pre-existing brain problems such as mental illness may find that too low carb makes those problems worse.
    At this point he did a really cool demonstration where people pushed their pointer finger against their thumb....and he would not be able to pry the two apart.....but then they would touch a processed food and he could pry their fingers apart.....This is because of the negative energy floating through these processed foods.......The only one it didn't work on was me.....He said that the Luna bar I was touching must be pretty good and it must be because of all the soy in it that I didn't lose as much strength. Amazing!!!

LOL that's acting. I mean FFS anyone can pull that trick and pretend to be unable to pry someone's thumb and forefinger apart.... maybe that worked as stage magic in the 19th century but modern stage magicians need to be a lot more sophisticated..... unless they're pseudoscience mongers.... then people just believe whatever they say...
    He also did another demonstration where someone held up their arm and he couldn't push it down.......he touched on his chest (heart) and it was still strong but when he pushed on his abdomen (liver) he could push the arm down so he must have a liver problem.........He brushed his hand down the patient's back a few times and then repeated the test and could not push the arm down.....His liver is on the way to recovery.

ditto. I can't believe the audience was so gullible, and he's clearly a good actor.
    9 - Everyone needs 5 supplements....He went through it so quickly I didn't catch them all but they included multi-vitamin, multi-mineral and fish oil....along with two others.

OMG how did Homo erectus survive without them???? Quick get in a time machine and go back in time and give all the Homo erectuses multi-vitamin multi-mineral fish oil....
    10 - All supplements are not created equal....Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/ETC are cheap supplements and don't realy make a difference. He sells one in his office though called Standard Process and they are amazing. The others are made from oil/tar and are petroleum based products but the ones he sells are from real foods.

the words of an expert salesman..... there are lots of multivitamins and multiminerals that are free from petroleum based products. Although just because something's petroleum based doesn't automatically make it bad.
    11 - Joint pain is pretty much always caused from poor nutrition.

No, I've had tons of joint pain caused by playing ice hockey. My nutrition was good at the time, the cause of the joint pain was injury. Don't tell me that nutrition can stop someone spraining their ankle or wrist.
    12 - Detoxing is great but only if you are up for it. You need to eat right and exercise first before starting your full body cleanse. He did a detox once when his body wasn't ready and ended up with hyperthyroidism. He started eating right though and it fixed itself.

it's not great, it's pseudoscience . What does he think the body's being cleansed? ANd hyperthyroidism from a "cleanse" because his body wasn't ready.... LOL
    13 - You should only eat 3-4 oz. of protein at a time. Any more than 4 oz. and the remainder is immediately stored as fat instead.

That's something else you can tell the Homo erectuses when you go to visit them in the time machine. Tell them not to eat too much of the animal carcases they hunted or scavenged, or they'll get fat.

Excess protein isn't stored as fat, it's broken down by the liver and then removed by the kidneys. That's what your urine mostly is.

IF you take in more energy (from carbs, fat and protein all added together) than you burn, that excess is stored as fat. If you're taking in less energy than you burn, then none of it's going to be stored as fat
    14 - Juicing is great....watch the fruits though. Only 3.33 C (max) fruit per day and 10C vegetables per day (min)

Better bring some blenders with you when you go in the time machine to visit the Homo erectuses. And cups to drink the juice from.
    15 - If you are trying to lose weight eat your fruit late at night before you go to bed so you can burn off all the fruit sugar while you sleep.....Otherwise you have to burn the fruit sugar off first when you exercise.

utter bollocks. your body burns sugar constantly, every cell in your body is burning it all the time, not just when you sleep or when you exercise. Also, you do realise sugar is carbs, right??
    16 - You should do a parasite protocol every year because 9-10 people have parasites inside of them.

Actually that's the one piece of advice that really would have benefitted Homo erectus, seeing as they probably did sometimes suffer from parasitic infection as a result of eating scavenged animal carcases (a bit like eating road kill, only it's lion kill). But modern humans with modern food hygiene....? not so much....

9-10 people don't have parasites inside them (unless you use the term in its widest sense to include the cold virus, because in winter 9-10 people probably do have the cold virus inside them).......... parasitic infection makes you really ill, people with parasities in them get ill, go see their doctor, and get medicine to kill the parasites. They don't give them a "parasite protocol" they give them specific medicines to kill the specific parasite in them. When you go to see the Homo erectuses about their parasitic infections, you'd do better to take a doctor and let him prescribe the anti-parasite medicines rather than give them a "parasite protocol" which won't do anything to rid them of the parasites.

Sorry that this guy fed you so much pseudoscience. He's clearly a very good salesman, but if my place of work had a salesman like him spreading so much bull**** I'd write a letter of complaint to my employer. Seriously!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wow :indifferent:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Bestest troll ever. :drinker: :laugh:
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    What kind of doctor is he? I understand that anyone can call themselves a "nutritionist" without any credentials.

I would be skeptical of his information, especially since he seems to be selling something. Was there any scientific results backing up his claims?

Oh ye of little faith...... "xxxxxxxx D.C., A.C.N. is a Chiropractor and Applied Clinical Nutritionist who specializes in weight loss through nutrition and other natural methods" There are also lots of testimonials on his site so he must know what he's doing.

An applied clinical nutritionist degree is available on line to anynoe with 9 life science credits and without a prior bachelors degree. A Chiropractor is not an M.D. , N.P. or P.A. If his child had a sinus infection he would not be qualified to treat that. Chiropractors have a limited scope of practice. They are great for spinal alignment issues that cannot be treated with surgery. But that is about it. i do not think they can even write prescriptions. If he had given his presentation in a room full of physicians he would have been laughed out of the room.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I was 1/2 way through this when I realized that the OP does ACTUALLY believe this. I thought that the OP was being sarcastic! Most of this is so laughable! I did need some entertainment this morning though, so thank you for that. :)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I was 1/2 way through this when I realized that the OP does ACTUALLY believe this. I thought that the OP was being sarcastic! Most of this is so laughable! I did need some entertainment this morning though, so thank you for that. :)

Might want to have that meter checked when you get a chance :smile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the thread. I never thought the OP believed this. I did not know however, if it could be possible that there actually still was a guest speaker. However, it's so extreme, even that seems unlikely, but you just never know.
  • MandaPanda0690
    MandaPanda0690 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, he really doesn't like grains. I may or may not disagree with the whole Bread, Sugar, Grains ARE EVIL thing since most physicians (including my own), recommend including some whole grain in your diet to help you stay full longer. Personally, if I stay full longer and have an easier time saying no to bad cravings I think I'll just keep eating some grains. Anything in moderation is okay. I am wary of diets or nutritionists who ask you to cut out an entire food group from your diet.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the thread. I never thought the OP believed this. I did not know however, if it could be possible that there actually still was a guest speaker. However, it's so extreme, even that seems unlikely, but you just never know.

I think its' actually combination of 2 or 3 "speakers" who have risen to varying levels of prominence over the years. I do remember actually seeing (in a video, I think?) the "touch the can of sugar! LOOK! YOU ARE WEAK!" routine done, as well as the "And now I'll touch his back twice.. MIRACLE!" thing.

And I've certainly heard most of the other stuff repeated elsewhere.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    this guy actually had cancer. A form of melanoma that starts on the inside......The doctors gave him 3 months but he gave up sugar that day and is still living many years later. He is actually the first survivor of this form of cancer. It is because cancer actually feeds on sugar.

Well, that completely settles it. This guy is a total charleton.

You ought to invite someone who actually knows stuff about cancer and supplements to speak at your office. Turns out that researchers are now finding out that antioxidant supplements spur the growth of cancers!!! Yep, that's right. I said it right. You heard it right. Latest research papers are showing people who take antioxidant supplements have more cancer than those who don't.

So you don't want those supplements he is pushing!

Cite?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24966-more-harm-than-good-antioxidants-defend-cancer-in-body.html
  • zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh ye of little faith...... "xxxxxxxx D.C., A.C.N. is a Chiropractor and Applied Clinical Nutritionist who specializes in weight loss through nutrition and other natural methods" There are also lots of testimonials on his site so he must know what he's doing.
    [/quote]

HAHAHAA - once again OP either this was a great troll post, or you are dumber than a box of rocks, and I have some great ocean front property in Kansas to sell you!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    this guy actually had cancer. A form of melanoma that starts on the inside......The doctors gave him 3 months but he gave up sugar that day and is still living many years later. He is actually the first survivor of this form of cancer. It is because cancer actually feeds on sugar.

Funny thing. Friend of mine - got melanoma. Discovered it at 4th stage - it was aggressive and spreading everywhere. Docs gave him a couple of months, tops. He had surgery to remove what they could, and an experimental chemo. It's been at least 15 years and he's happy, healthy and cancer free - at least as far as anyone can tell.

Why am I thinking that giving up sugar is not the only thing this guy did? Just a hint - there's a reason why doctors don't draw conclusions like this based on N=1 (or 2, or 3, or 4 ...)