Guest Speaker today at my work - what I learned

Options

Replies

• avisitant
    avisitant Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    10 - All supplements are not created equal....Vitamin Shoppe/GNC/ETC are cheap supplements and don't realy make a difference. He sells one in his office though called Standard Process and they are amazing. The others are made from oil/tar and are petroleum based products but the ones he sells are from real foods.

Some info about Standard Process...
    "The Bottom Line

Standard Process products have been promoted with preposterous claims for more than 40 years. After the company and its founder were prosecuted for criminal misbranding, the claims gradually became less traceable to the company and now appear to come from independent sources. The products were—and still are—promoted for many conditions that are outside the legitimate scope of the practitioners (mainly chiropractors) who sell them. I advise people to avoid both the products and anyone who sells them."

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/lee.html
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    this guy actually had cancer. A form of melanoma that starts on the inside......The doctors gave him 3 months but he gave up sugar that day and is still living many years later. He is actually the first survivor of this form of cancer. It is because cancer actually feeds on sugar.

Well, that completely settles it. This guy is a total charleton.

You ought to invite someone who actually knows stuff about cancer and supplements to speak at your office. Turns out that researchers are now finding out that antioxidant supplements spur the growth of cancers!!! Yep, that's right. I said it right. You heard it right. Latest research papers are showing people who take antioxidant supplements have more cancer than those who don't.

So you don't want those supplements he is pushing!

Cite?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24966-more-harm-than-good-antioxidants-defend-cancer-in-body.html

Great mixed message. "Eat a nutrutionally healthy diet" (which is going to naturally contain tons of anti oxidants).

OH NOES No green leafy veggies or fish. You'll get cancer.
  • sue_langley
    sue_langley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I appreciated your post and I took down some notes, I have read about most of the things that he said and I had a treatment done from that type of therapist about ten years ago, forget the name now, but it totally worked. Also at the time I found out all the foods I was not benefitting from and it changed my life. Before that I spent most of my days asleep from chronic fatigue. I am now active and enjoy life again.
    Again thank you for taking the time to type that all out and share.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump:drinker:
  • ausheli
    ausheli Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cool story bro...needs more dinosaurs
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    ---
  • debrag12
    Options
    So how large was your order of multivitamins, etc.?

I haven't ordered yet. I figured with all of the people here that are interested in health/fitness like I am maybe we could come together a do a group order and get some sort of discount.

So you agree with all he said or are you really be sarcastic?
  • debrag12
    Options
    It's funny to me that you all think you are smarter than a doctor........Tell me what kind of medical degrees you have please.....

What kind of medical degree does he have? Is a D.C degree a medical degree as the US is the only country who needs them everywhere else it's just a Bachelor or Masters degree no medical degree.
    How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.

He's a doctor.......and a nutritionist.

Sounds like the oncologist who does the paleo food challenges at my boss's cf box. She's an expert on nutrition because she treats cancer patients. :noway:

this guy actually had cancer. A form of melanoma that starts on the inside......The doctors gave him 3 months but he gave up sugar that day and is still living many years later. He is actually the first survivor of this form of cancer. It is because cancer actually feeds on sugar.

Have you seen evidence that he actually had this cancer, anyone can talk crap and people believe it
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    It's funny to me that you all think you are smarter than a doctor........Tell me what kind of medical degrees you have please.....

What kind of medical degree does he have? Is a D.C degree a medical degree as the US is the only country who needs them everywhere else it's just a Bachelor or Masters degree no medical degree.

Is Dr Ruth a real doctor?
  • debrag12
    Options
    If I have parasites, then it seems like I should be losing weight at a much faster rate than I currently am. Lazy *kitten* tapeworms.

You and me both. We must have the wrong kinds of parasites.

No your both the ones without them
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    If I have parasites, then it seems like I should be losing weight at a much faster rate than I currently am. Lazy *kitten* tapeworms.

You and me both. We must have the wrong kinds of parasites.

No your both the ones without them

Sorry to burst your bubbles but tape worm don't help you lose weight. They will feed off food you have eaten but in very small quantities.
  • debrag12
    Options
    I don't get you guys. Usually people post information from doctors and you say "Doctors aren't nutritionists....they know nothing of nutrition" Now I give you information straight from a doctor and nutritionist and you're all like "Well he's not a real doctor.......that is ridiculous.....he's only trying to sell you something" You guys are never happy. You didn't see the demonstration. The processed foods made people significantly weaker....just touching them.....imagine if they are actually inside your body.

No. You said he was a Chiropractor. Any legitimate MD will tell you that Chiropractors are NOT DOCTORS. I know. I've grew up in a family where both of my parents are medical professionals and know tons of other medical professionals through them. I had many years talking with these people and hearing their stories and work experience. NONE of them would ever call a Chiropractor a legitimate doctor. Trust me. This guy's nutritional "knowledge" is about as valid as those vegan PETA women that wrote Skinny *****. I can't believe people buy into this bs.

EDIT: Did it really just censor a book title? I'm surprised there's a language censor on a site meant for adults.

He is ALSO an ACN....DO you guys even read the whole post or just the points you want to tear apart?

Whats ACN it's not listed here: http://americannutritionassociation.org/toolsandresources/descriptiondegreescredentials

EDIT: found it out
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Of course he brings up a line of supplements he sells and profits from.

It makes sense now.

Wait, no, it doesn't.

That's totally what I was thinking. This guy sounds like he's trying to pass off as a doctor without the degree. Did you tell him he can't believe everything he reads on google?
  • tennisdude2004
    Options
    So how large was your order of multivitamins, etc.?

I haven't ordered yet. I figured with all of the people here that are interested in health/fitness like I am maybe we could come together a do a group order and get some sort of discount.

So you agree with all he said or are you really be sarcastic?

Believe it or not if your eating a healthy balanced diet getting enough direct sunlight and sleep then nature should have provided all of the micronutrients your body needs to be healthy.

However not everybody has access to these, or have a genetic deficiency, so to a degree supplements are a necessity (but they are only second best).

That said with the thousands of variations available on our shelves we probably only need to be taking a handful depending on our needs.

The best thing to do is research it yourselves, there will always be yahsayers and naysayers (all seem to have their own agendas).
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Is Dr Ruth a real doctor?

Master's in Soc, and a n Ed D.. so yes, she's got a Doctorate, however, she's a therapist, not a prescribing physician.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    7 pages of comments? Guyyyysss OP is a troll, and a successful one at that. This is the same person who posted last week asking for photos of women aged 20-30 in lingerie for "comparison" yet their profile pic is a sundae and their profile is private. "Hey give me pics of yourself in your undies for, you know, science. Also here is a long list of bull**** about something some "doctor/nutritionist" said". Seems legit.

The 20 something in lingerie post was by me. It was also a joke. Every statement in this OP was true.....all statements made by the good dr....I took notes. but take it how you will.....but don't blame me when the sugar kills you.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

How da hell are people allowed to stand in front of an audience with no apparent knowledge of the subject at hand? I'd be fired from my job in a hurry if I did that.

He's a doctor.......and a nutritionist.

Sounds like the oncologist who does the paleo food challenges at my boss's cf box. She's an expert on nutrition because she treats cancer patients. :noway:

Have you seen evidence that he actually had this cancer, anyone can talk crap and people believe it

Who would make up a story about having cancer? That would be pretty low. I'd hate to be the guy that says......"I don't believe you really had cancer.....prove it to me"
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    Honestly, I was 1/2 way through this when I realized that the OP does ACTUALLY believe this. I thought that the OP was being sarcastic! Most of this is so laughable! I did need some entertainment this morning though, so thank you for that. :)

Of course I believe it. I don't want to die. You do what you will.....
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This person sounds like an old fashioned snake oil salesman. Unfortunately in the area of health and nutrition, there are always going to be those who make their money at the expense of gullible people looking for the next miracle fat eraser, elixir of life, or fountain of youth. You have to learn to filter through what they say, realizing that not everything is 100 per cent truthful. They quote sources, many times out of context; refer to studies that may or may not have been conducted; and bash every product on the market in an effort to make their Brand New, All Natural, Never Seen Before, Miracle Supplement look like the answer to your prayers.

An informed person would do a search on the good doctor to see if he is indeed registered as a doctor. That's available to the public. Then that person would also investigate the products to find out who the owner of the company is, what the products are made of, etc. Buying supplements that you are going to ingest is a bit more serious that purchasing a piece of tupperware or a decorative candle.

What I am having a difficult time in understanding is not so much why there was a guest speaker at work (although that is usually not the norm), but why your work would allow a speaker to pedal his wares.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    is the OP a joke? Because it sure sounded weird when i read it. Plus I dont believe all of it.. it just doesn't make sense.