Food posts on FaceBook- am I being mean?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    The only time it honestly bugs me is when its one particular friend who constantly complains that she eats healthy and can't lose weight...but then posts that they're having some big meat & potatoes type meal "with warm brownies for dessert...YUM". I wouldn't ever call her out on it online, but I generally scream at the screen in frustration.
  • RoosMommy02
    RoosMommy02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating it and don't plan on eating it then why should you care. I would hate for my friends to tell me how many calories are in something and make me feel bad. I try to share as many healthy recipes that I can but I absolutely REFUSE to preach my health and exercise to other people if they aren't interested.

It's their life, let them do them while you do you. My big thing with FB is that if you don't like what you see, then keep right on scrolling and don't say anything.
  • ecottencat
    ecottencat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Truthfully I'm fine with it as I'm past wanting a lot of sweets. I will on occasion make one of those recipes and then divide it up into one or half servings depending on what they consider one serving. I don't care what my fb friends are eating that's for them to decide how healthy they want to be. I personally enjoy looking at the pictures and seeing the recipes some of them I have made healthier by either leaving the ingredient out if it didn't play a major part or substituted with something with less calories. The other thing I do which works wonders is if I know I'm going to a house party I will make something that is bad for you and take it there. Not only do I get only one serving but it is pretty much gone by the end so I take nothing home but still got some of that dish.
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    But they ARE getting help from me. As I noted in my OP, taxes pay for a good deal of medical care in this country. More medical care for preventable conditions = more taxes. No way around it. For the insured, more claims that the insurer has to pay for preventable conditions = more premiums we all pay. Not to mention the human cost of those preventable conditions- not being able to enjoy a good bike ride, getting winded after a walk down your driveway, knee pain, back pain. I want everyone to feel as good as I do.

By this logic, you should be harping on FB friends for riding a bike. Driving a car. Skiing. Playing contact sports. Eating sunny side up eggs and having a drink after work with friends. These are all risky behaviors that can lead to preventable conditions that drive up premiums.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    FYI- It's not your job! My only motivation to lose weight at this stage is that I'm going to be joining the Army and NEED to be in shape. I'm perfectly content with being overweight. I eat good food, and am happy. You are not the one who gets to decide what your "friends" need. I still post (and make!! Gasp!!) those naughty recipes. You know why? They're delicious! If I want to eat a whole pan, I will. Now that I'm trying to lose weight, I'd also counter it with a ton of exercise, or just have some self control and not eat it all at once. If these people are truly your friends, you would let them live their lives in the way that makes them happy. Nobody is forcing you to consume those foods, and unless someone asks "why can't I lose weight???" after posting about all the grease and junk they eat in a week, keep your mouth shut, because it's none of your business. If you don't like it, don't eat it.
  • Amanda241174
    Amanda241174 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OMG are you serious!! Have you always been such a whiny little B+*#ch? I work in an Emergency Department and seem to spend a lot of time and other peoples money working on people just like you. Everyone has choices, and I'm sure yours haven't been perfect your whole life. Each to their own!!!
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    I mind my own business
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I was accused of being 'judgmental" this morning by one of my MFP friends when I commented on my own feed about people who post pics with dirty laundry and crap laying around in the background, or countertops covered with all sorts of crap.

I totally don't get why people do that. I mean, I'm not a tidy person at all but I would never want anyone to know! Oh wait.... Ooops.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    OMG are you serious!! Have you always been such a whiny little B+*#ch? I work in an Emergency Department and seem to spend a lot of time and other peoples money working on people just like you. Everyone has choices, and I'm sure yours haven't been perfect your whole life. Each to their own!!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUiL3QrQr3eonwk6MmIKlgfYwJhs9mluS-tAx4brF66p4QvVXQ
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Last time someone did that with something horribly unhealthy, I just put the recipe in the calculator and posted how many calories it was :laugh:
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Not to mention the human cost of those preventable conditions- not being able to enjoy a good bike ride

Plenty of people injure themselves on bikes, which is preventable in most cases. Shall we stop that too?
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Oh.

2hmlgqq.jpg

Talenti black raspberry chocolate chip gelato. ...

cause you know, I'm clearly overweights.

I'm still gonna post my food.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I don't like seeing those recipes on Facebook because I can't chew through the screen. If they were real friends they would make a batch of Banana Nut Brownies and snail mail it to me!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    So- how do YOU deal with FaceBook Foodies?

Thank them usually.

Though I have to say I wish I had a friend who went to all the trouble of calculating the cal and macros per serving for some of my recipes for me. It would save me the bother of doing it myself if I were still using those methods to be awesome.

Which I don't.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    What is wrong is that you are upset by them. Otherwise, you are free to respond to their posts however you like. I don't personally think it is mean to post the nutritional information. And if someone did, it wouldn't upset me either. Now if you added some snarky message along with the data...And all the drama? That is your problem. And I suspect it is around more than Facebook posts.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    drives me nuts when ppl say anything in moderation, what the hell does that really mean??? on the MFP ppl who say you can treat yourself, you just have a bite to get your craving to go away,... I don't know one person be it skinny or heavy that can eat one bite of your favorite thing.......You gotta want this more then you want to eat anything........I keep telling myself personally NOTHING will ever taste as good as thin will feel...................
    You just lack self control.

Myself and many others, can and indeed enjoy foods in moderation.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Not to mention the human cost of those preventable conditions- not being able to enjoy a good bike ride

Plenty of people injure themselves on bikes, which is preventable in most cases. Shall we stop that too?

I know a guy I'm going to start riding with in the spring, last summer shattered his pelvis in a fall on his bike.

Not just broken, shattered. It's now pinned together.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I despise people who cause drama on FB. Get on with yourself, ignore it, and let them post.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Oh.

2hmlgqq.jpg

Talenti black raspberry chocolate chip gelato. ...

cause you know, I'm clearly overweights.

I'm still gonna post my food.

YOU ARE WRONG. You cannot post that. Because the Talenti Sea Salt Caramel is the way to go.

post-15765-ntFy.gif