Very Unrelated Question

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    "No it's ok that we tease her, she spelled something wrong or said something the wrong way, so we're allowed. Plus at one point she tried to stick up for herself, and we hate that most of all."

Know what's cool about being empathic? You realize that most of the teasing comes from people's deep insecurities. So I hope the OP knows that and isn't quite so bothered by it.

I'm not insecure, I'm an *kitten*. I mock because it amuses me. It doesn't make me feel better about myself (my ego is already fairly large) but it does make me chuckle.

I'll thank you to not pin such mundane motivations as "Insecurity" (a term often used by the weak and angry to try and bring down those they feel are 'mean' to their level) upon me.
    :embarassed:

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

You is a terrible empath.

4854749137_simpsons_nelson_haha_1_xlarge.jpeg

You're terrible.

Don't call her names!

meanie.jpg

But...but...you started it!

I antagonize you because I know, empathetically , that it's your favorite.

ETA: YAY SPELL CHECK
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "No it's ok that we tease her, she spelled something wrong or said something the wrong way, so we're allowed. Plus at one point she tried to stick up for herself, and we hate that most of all."

Know what's cool about being empathic? You realize that most of the teasing comes from people's deep insecurities. So I hope the OP knows that and isn't quite so bothered by it.

I'm not insecure, I'm an *kitten*. I mock because it amuses me. It doesn't make me feel better about myself (my ego is already fairly large) but it does make me chuckle.

I'll thank you to not pin such mundane motivations as "Insecurity" (a term often used by the weak and angry to try and bring down those they feel are 'mean' to their level) upon me.

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

You're terrible.

Don't call her names!

meanie.jpg

SidJaws.png
    This cat reads minds!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

You're terrible.

Don't call her names!

meanie.jpg

Gem from my 4 year-old (13 years ago): But he hit me back first!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    But. But. Mystery!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Also, this thread took and interesting turn.

wrong-turn.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

You're terrible.

Don't call her names!

meanie.jpg

SidJaws.png
    This cat reads minds!

But doesn't resize images.

hiss.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

You're terrible.

Don't call her names!

meanie.jpg

SidJaws.png
    This cat reads minds!

But doesn't resize images.

hiss.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTre0IWX32sdhWEuWQMWeen2kHPWUPqSuOEUd6fEXnjY5WsAgWJLA
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Fascinating how one question turned into this. Then I looked up the ages of some of the "picture" posters, and the number of times they have posted on the forums,.....that explained alot. I hope one day when you all need advice, or are just looking for someone to relate to, that you get treated exactly the same way as you treat others. To those who posted sincere comments, thanks, I appreciate it. I'll be looking at them again later on. Have a good weekend folks :wink:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Fascinating how one question turned into this. Then I looked up the ages of some of the "picture" posters, and the number of times they have posted on the forums,.....that explained alot. I hope one day when you all need advice, or are just looking for someone to relate to, that you get treated exactly the same way as you treat others. To those who posted sincere comments, thanks, I appreciate it. I'll be looking at them again later on. Have a good weekend folks :wink:

You have a good attitude about things. And I very much apologize for the derail.

Apology accepted. Don't let it happen again.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I love the age old, "You've posted frequently on a forum; you must have no life." Working at a desk job, being on a forum for 2+ years, and being a member of private groups where you'll have extended conversations with people will certainly make a post count go up ;)

I love giving people help and advice! I didn't realize you were in the market for that. Guess you could say I'm... not very empathic.

P.S. Have you ever WATCHED Star Trek: The Next Generation?

(HelWithThis... Are you Greggie? WHO IS GREGGIE?)
  • Achrya
    Options

Firstsips averages seven posts a day.

Is that a lot in your opinion? Enough that you feel it's worthy of scorn? Or are you just bad at math? Curious.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

If it makes you feel any better, when I make serious threads, "they" do it to me even worse (or more and with greater gusto).

And if it *doesn't* make you feel any better, well, it's still true.

If anything, the increased activity made your thread more visible to the entire MFP community. Otherwise, you would be complaining about how your thread only got a response or two before it fell off the RFT list. Yeah, that happens...often.

Meh. Best of luck with all your health and fitness goals. :flowerforyou:
  • sjohnny
    Options

You have a good attitude about things. And I very much apologize for the derail.

Imagine I'm an attractive woman, because I wasn't speaking to you.

But now you are.

And there were no rails in the first place.
  • Achrya
    Options

But now you are.

If anything you all gave this thread the purpose the OP failed to give it. You have this thread life! You are it's parents!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

What did our ages and number of posts tell you exactly?

There are a handful of people on my FL know me in real life and a couple I talk to on here every single day. All of them will tell you I have talked to them about being an empath at one point or another. I understand your desire for connection for those like us. As somebody who carries the emotional weight of the people I love and unfortunately, the people I merely encounter - I get how devastating it can feel to express a need or desire of your own and feel it's being mocked. After all, wouldn't it be nice if somebody give us, what we give?

What I have come to learn is that sometimes I can be so emotionally frayed from others, that I see slights to me, were none were actually meant.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

No apologies need, it's all good! Thanks again!
  • sjohnny
    Options

But now you are.

If anything you all gave this thread the purpose the OP failed to give it. You have this thread life! You are it's parents!

All the credit for what this thread became should go to Firstsip!!!!
  • Achrya
    Options

But now you are.

All the credit for what this thread became should go to Firstsip!!!!

Indeed. This is her baby.

Congrats Firstsip!