Very Unrelated Question

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "No it's ok that we tease her, she spelled something wrong or said something the wrong way, so we're allowed. Plus at one point she tried to stick up for herself, and we hate that most of all."

Know what's cool about being empathic? You realize that most of the teasing comes from people's deep insecurities. So I hope the OP knows that and isn't quite so bothered by it.

I'm not insecure, I'm an *kitten*. I mock because it amuses me. It doesn't make me feel better about myself (my ego is already fairly large) but it does make me chuckle.

I'll thank you to not pin such mundane motivations as "Insecurity" (a term often used by the weak and angry to try and bring down those they feel are 'mean' to their level) upon me.
    :embarassed:

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

You is a terrible empath.

4854749137_simpsons_nelson_haha_1_xlarge.jpeg

You're terrible.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    "No it's ok that we tease her, she spelled something wrong or said something the wrong way, so we're allowed. Plus at one point she tried to stick up for herself, and we hate that most of all."

Know what's cool about being empathic? You realize that most of the teasing comes from people's deep insecurities. So I hope the OP knows that and isn't quite so bothered by it.

I'm not insecure, I'm an *kitten*. I mock because it amuses me. It doesn't make me feel better about myself (my ego is already fairly large) but it does make me chuckle.

I'll thank you to not pin such mundane motivations as "Insecurity" (a term often used by the weak and angry to try and bring down those they feel are 'mean' to their level) upon me.

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

Damn it. I always get those mixed up.
  • Achrya
    Options

I don't even think you were in the thread when I made that post.

Thanks for letting me know though. I'll resume not knowing or caring about you in the slightest.

I had posted in the thread before you popped up to play the shame game, but it was more a commentary on the childish claim of "insecurity" than something relating to you specifically. You, after all, are just some person parroting the same junk mommies tell their kids when other kids are mean to them. "You're special and unique and those kids are just insecure!"

It's not about You (I imagine very few things are ever actually about you) it's about that flawed concept and the thick skulled special snowflakes it creates.

But uh. Thanks for coming back and responding and allowing me to elaborate on my commentary. I appreciate your dutiful desire to defend the OP and such. Great vehicle for discussion.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on hear Empathic?

2md5ilt.png

If you don't understand it you can use Google.

If the argument being made is "We didn't know what she was talking about, so we mocked her.", guess what? You're being a bully.

I did Google it. The definition was "pertaining to or showing empathy".

That doesn't really describe what the OP was referring to.

I don't get what you're talking about 80% of the time. Would you like it if I responded with a series of Adam Sandler gifs?

It would make your posts much more entertaining.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

You're terrible.

Don't call her names!

meanie.jpg
  • TrevNiel22
    Options
    sometimes, yes.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    This thread is causing me

1389696399_1fra75c_ewsx.gif

I feel both yours, and Spock's pain. I can't go with someone watching me, either.
  • Achrya
    Options
    I had posted in the thread before you popped up to play the shame game, but it was more a commentary on the childish claim of "insecurity" than something relating to you specifically. You, after all, are just some person parroting the same junk mommies tell their kids when other kids are mean to them. "You're special and unique and those kids are just insecure!"

It's not about You (I imagine very few things are ever actually about you) it's about that flawed concept and the thick skulled special snowflakes it creates.

But uh. Thanks for coming back and responding and allowing me to elaborate on my commentary. I appreciate your dutiful desire to defend the OP and such. Great vehicle for discussion.

:yawn:

You're adorable.

I bet you think participation trophies and not running up the score are great ideas.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

... I'm sensing some trolling on a reincarnated account.
  • Achrya
    Options

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

You're terrible.

Don't call her names!

meanie.jpg

Hey. You were wrong. It wasn't embarrassed it was 'nervous'. I've got the inside line.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, I'll stick with the general consensus that it's hard to distinguish empathetic people who are good at observing body language from what you describe. Often victims of trauma are hypersensitive to the moods and behaviors of others, often without being aware of how or why.

A doctor told me that they can measure the brain chemicals involved in empathy, finding this chemical to be lower in people with antisocial traits and also show it to deplete after long days of using your emotions, causing compassion fatigue and even inability to concentrate. I don't know more than this, no primary source, doc could be FOS.

I wish I could manage my reactions to the emotions of others better. I find my eyes welling up embarrassingly easily the older I get.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Not trolling. Just returning and finding that the people who used to be my friends and fell over themselves sucking up to me when they thought I was "cool" now are equally as happy to tear me down because they think they're superior to other people because they've spent more time on an internet calorie counting forum. Ooh you guys are awesome!

Yeah, you know me. We were friends. I remember when you were new and scared and just hoped someone could help you and be nice to you. Now you've been here awhile, gained some confidence, and you use it to what? Mock other people.

I'm not trolling. Just deeply disappointed.

Boy, do you have me confused for someone else... and if I was friends with someone who couldn't understand the relevance of posting an innocuous Deanna Troi .gif, then I'm sure we would have parted ways at one point...

Wait... unless this is still part of your act. Hmm...
  • Achrya
    Options

Not trolling. Just returning and finding that the people who used to be my friends and fell over themselves sucking up to me when they thought I was "cool" now are equally as happy to tear me down because they think they're superior to other people because they've spent more time on an internet calorie counting forum. Ooh you guys are awesome!

Yeah, you know me. We were friends. I remember when you were new and scared and just hoped someone could help you and be nice to you. Now you've been here awhile, gained some confidence, and you use it to what? Mock other people.

It's a mothereffing mystery! I love mysteries! It says so in my profile that no one can see because I don't want new scared people thinking we can be friends.

Shelby, who is it? Sherlock Holmes time girl!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Well, this just got uncomfortably personal.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I think you meant "this just got even FUNNIER"

Empathy fail!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am highly empathic. It sucks sometimes.

Do you pick up on other people's emotions, before they even convey what's wrong with them?

Hell - I dont even pick up on it when they *tell* me ...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

I think you meant "this just got even FUNNIER"

Empathy fail!

Or that.

Whatevs.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I'm sensing insecurity.

Embarrassment

You're terrible.

Don't call her names!

meanie.jpg

But...but...you started it!