Very Unrelated Question

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Uh, having empathy qualifies a person to be differentiated from the general public as an "Empath"?

LACK of empathy is often a marker for a personality disorder. I really hope we're not getting to a point where people who don't have personality disorders are special.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Ty to those who answered WITH WORDS. Being an Empath has more to do with than being generally empathetic towards others.

I find it interesting that your preference was for the "WITH WORDS" answers.

ETA:
    As an empath, why do you need words?!
    Dammit! Get out of my head!

Sorry, I can't help it! /Empath!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    espn.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am highly empathic. It sucks sometimes.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That didn't answer my question, I was asking how to hear it..
    I guess I will never master this..

Yeah, I cant hear it either? What gives
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Uh, having empathy qualifies a person to be differentiated from the general public as an "Empath"?

LACK of empathy is often a marker for a personality disorder. I really hope we're not getting to a point where people who don't have personality disorders are special.

You mean something like..oh I don't know... seeing someone ask if people have empathy for others and responding with a series of dumb gifs?

No I don't think we're on the same page on this.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Ty to those who answered WITH WORDS. Being an Empath has more to do with than being generally empathetic towards others.

I guess I am. I've been told my many people that they feel "safe" with me.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

You mean something like..oh I don't know... seeing someone ask if people have empathy for others and responding with a series of dumb gifs?

Excuse you? Deanna Troi is the premier Empath of the Federation. I'm not sure how much more relevant to the topic she could be.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am highly empathic. It sucks sometimes.

Do you pick up on other people's emotions, before they even convey what's wrong with them?
  • Maryaly40
    Options

Excuse you? Deanna Troi is the premier Empath of the Federation. I'm not sure how much more relevant to the topic she could be.

She's an actress not a real empath!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I am an odd mixture. I think I have a decent ability to read and see people's feeling as an Empath.

But a lot of times I don't care. Is that an Apath?

So... let's say I'm an "Empapath"
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are both very empathetic to how others feel. My daughter has it so bad that she will actually feel pain if she someone get hurt. She gets freaked out by some pictures with blood, not dead people with blood, but someone who has a bad cut bleeding. I said to her its not the blood freaking you its their pain. I feel it too, but not as much as her.

That second part about people being attracted to you as safe just explained a lot. Complete strangers tell my daughter and I all kinds of stuff. One woman I had just met told me about how she is divorced and remarried, bipolar, etc. for about 20 minutes. My daughter is has casual friends at school ask her for advise all the time. I guess its the empathy thing.

And I agree it can really suck sometimes, my whole mood can change by seeing someone else cry.
  • Maryaly40
    Options

yes, this is part of it.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

yes, this is part of it.

Tell me.

How do I make you feel?

tumblr_mvph8yslCk1qja050o1_500.gif
  • breakingthecycle722
    Options
    reading this= two min of my life ill never get back.

Does anyone FEEL my pain???
  • Maryaly40
    Options
    My daughter and I are both very empathetic to how others feel. My daughter has it so bad that she will actually feel pain if she someone get hurt. She gets freaked out by some pictures with blood, not dead people with blood, but someone who has a bad cut bleeding. I said to her its not the blood freaking you its their pain. I feel it too, but not as much as her.

That second part about people being attracted to you as safe just explained a lot. Complete strangers tell my daughter and I all kinds of stuff. One woman I had just met told me about how she is divorced and remarried, bipolar, etc. for about 20 minutes. My daughter is has casual friends at school ask her for advise all the time. I guess its the empathy thing.

And I agree it can really suck sometimes, my whole mood can change by seeing someone else cry.

I get like a severe panic attack around a certain person, 95% of the time. I still can't differenciate if it's that person's emotion I'm feeling, or mine or both. I've never suffered from anxiety attacks. I do have anxiety though, I worry ALOT especially about my son. Does that make sense?
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I'm very sensitive toward children in emotional pain. I had a counselor tell me that it was because I had suffered a lot emotional pain as a child.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone here is mean. Does anyone know if there are mean people here? I like them.
  • Kyttiara
    Kyttiara Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In for the lulz