Valentine's day coming...

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think we may go to a class and learn something new together. I'd rather have an experience than gifts. :smile:

I like that idea. Last year we went on a Manatee dive. It was awesome. But cold. Very very cold.

Omg, did you pet the manatees?! I am unable to contain my thrills at the possibility of riding a manatee.

You can't ride the manatees. That's legit one of the rules :laugh:

But I did get to pet some. Two of them were babies. :love:
    Going to be a techincal dweeb here and def not coming down on you but I think the Marine Mammal Protection Act says you can't even touch them. I did the Manatee swim in Crystal River ages ago and saw heaps. But you're not supposed to interfere with them in any way.

WHAT?! But, but... they're not like butterflies! THEY DON'T LOSE SCALES OR WHATEVER.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    I am german and maybe I am not good to tell what I think. I didnt mean expecting him change completely because I love him. I am sure there is something you do not like on your gf or bf so talking always can solve some problems

Anyone know how to say "really bad idea" in German?

Let's invade Russia in winter!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think we may go to a class and learn something new together. I'd rather have an experience than gifts. :smile:

I like that idea. Last year we went on a Manatee dive. It was awesome. But cold. Very very cold.

Omg, did you pet the manatees?! I am unable to contain my thrills at the possibility of riding a manatee.

Going to be a techincal dweeb here and def not coming down on you but I think the Marine Mammal Protection Act says you can't even touch them. I did the Manatee swim in Crystal River ages ago and saw heaps. But you're not supposed to interfere with them in any way.

WHAT?! But, but... they're not like butterflies! THEY DON'T LOSE SCALES OR WHATEVER.

They don't want people harassing them, so they've got areas for them to go to get away from people. When we went a lot of them were in those areas because there was a loud group of boyscouts there right before us. :grumble:

Anyway you can touch them but they have to approach you. And if they leave you can't chase them. Which . . . lol @ the idea of giving chase in those goofy flippers while balancing on a pool noodle. Manatees aren't fast but they're faster than me. :laugh:
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but your post reminded me to focus on how I can be a better person. V-DAY will be a little getaway with our doggies. The day will not focus on food as it has in the past, but it will focus on activity - hiking, biking, and exploring new terrain.:love:
  • spunk_master_flex
    Options
    My sexpectations:

16 oz rib eye, rare.

A hot chick.

Lingerie.

Stilettos.

Watching a video of a bald beaver gnawing on wood.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options

They're a protected species and that's part of the gig when they're listed as such. I know they look huge but they have a limited range and since they are slow moving are often killed or injured by larger sea craft.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

They're a protected species and that's part of the gig when they're listed as such. I know they look huge but they have a limited range and since they are slow moving are often killed or injured by larger sea craft.

http://www.plantationoncrystalriver.com/manatee-tours.htm

Here's where we went. They say they have permission from the federal government for the interaction.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I actually know all of this about manatees, since I grew up in the panhandle... I'm just fangirling over manatees.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Dear Boyfriend:

Rose are red
    Violets are blue
    Here's all the reason you suck
    and I am clearly better than you

Dear Girlfriend:
    Have fun being single on Valentine's Day. Good luck finding Mr. Perfect.
  • spunk_master_flex
    Options
    Dear Boyfriend:

Rose are red
    Violets are blue
    Here's all the reason you suck
    and I am clearly better than you

Dear Girlfriend:
    Have fun being single on Valentine's Day. Good luck finding Mr. Perfect.

+1
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Umm I'm single.. so.. it's just another day.
    (Though I will try to not feel pathetic, cry myself to sleep or eat a pint of ice cream :tongue: )
  • bloodhoundlady
    bloodhoundlady Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello Dear All, for some people, valentine day is important but others it is not. I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day?

Bad idea. I have been married almost 30 years. I have been with my husband for 32 and believe me he was not perfect back then and not now but for the most part they do not change but you can make them appreciate you more and do things for you with the right approach. They never respond to the blame approach. "If you would not be such a slob I would not be so tired from cleaning up the house. Versus "I really need your help. This house work is too much for me to do would you be so a babe and ....." They need praise too when they do it. I hate to say it but they are like lil boys or even dogs. Dogs are easier to train though.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options

I actually know all of this about manatees, since I grew up in the panhandle... I'm just fangirling over manatees.

:smile:
  • maria_stafeler
    Options
    Thank you for all your comments except people whose comments are not respectful. Good night to people in europe, good evening to people in america and good morning to people in east of the world.
  • futurejedi
    Options
    no man will ever be perfect for there women you gotta learn to accept his faults
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

am I the only one who has the veggietales "barbara manatee" song stuck in her head?

yeah, thought so
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I expect sex. All kinds and lots of it.

My BF took the day off work and we're going to spend it in bed. Yup. We actually planned a day in bed together.

Oh, and dinner. We're going to dinner but then it'll be back home and to bed again.

He wants to see if we can make it fall off :laugh:

FYI... Dinner can mean a man delivering pizza to you... in bed. Trust me on this.

Donuts.....I usually serve a dozen. While carrying juice in each hand.....

I just spit water all over my monitor. Thank you.

And thanks for the idea. :bigsmile:
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello Dear All, for some people, valentine day is important but others it is not. I will just want from my boyfriend to do the list I will give him on Feb 14th. In this list, just there are some behaviors of him to change. what are your expectations from that day?

I do not recommend the list of behaviors for him to change.. Maybe you should sit down and have a talk tomorrow so that it's out of the way by the time the 14th comes around and you two can have a nice day together (:
    A day filled with yummy food, long massages, enjoying each other, and lots and lots of sex (: My guess is, he's not going to be in the mood to get in your panties after you tell him how much you can't stand him...just a thought (:
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

am I the only one who has the veggietales "barbara manatee" song stuck in her head?

yeah, thought so

Sent from up abovvvve. You are the one I love!
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    ......just another example of how the beautiful and loving actions of a real historical figure are corrupted by capitalism and consumerism so not even the remotest resemblance of the real meaning remains.....