Gif of me balancing a barbell while squatting no hands!

Options

Replies

• farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrtz1hLPvR1qh9s88o1_500.gif

I can't help but keep watching this gif for the big crash that is coming any second... :laugh:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Say what you want against Nutellabrah, at least he's funny.

Good luck with your spinal cord injury goals of 2014, OP.
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    Meannnnnnnnies!
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    For everyone requesting robe-less you can PM for the Instagram link to the version where I squat 225 ATG in my underwear synched up to Selena Gomez music lol :)
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Why are we supposed to be impressed if that is a light weight for you?

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive even at 135 considering how much I weigh at 153 right now.

I mean look at the smoothness. The amount of time spent comfortably in the pocket.

When I raised up it was like I was standing up from a chair effortlessly about to take a walk in the park.

And if you look at the other guy who was doing heavier weight, he actually didn't rack and unrack with no hands, I did it all with no hands. Practically almost my body weight, paused ATG squat. Notice also the fat guy didn't pause, he droped down only for a moment and came up fast and wasn't fully in control like a ninja like how I was.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive even at 135 considering how much I weigh at 153 right now.

I mean look at the smoothness. The amount of time spent comfortably in the pocket.

When I raised up it was like I was standing up from a chair effortlessly about to take a walk in the park.

And if you look at the other guy who was doing heavier weight, he actually didn't rack and unrack with no hands, I did it all with no hands. Practically almost my body weight, paused ATG squat. Notice also the fat guy didn't pause, he droped down only for a moment and came up fast and wasn't fully in control like a ninja like how I was.

Ninjas wear black snuggies, not white Motel 6 bathrobes.

They also don't need to edit the rack and unrack portions of their vids.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    O.o
    I'd be on the floor crushed.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive for how much I weigh at 153 right now.

he unracked and racked 300 pounds. Don't say "he's fat" again, the amount of weight you can lift is not a proportionate ratio to how heavy you are.

Yes it is because weather your ecto, messo, or endo, you have certain mechanical advantages. The strength doesn't come from a pure place like muscle, it comes from the mechanical logistics of how thick your body is. If you're built like an OAK and super solid, just your natural ability to press and pull heavier weight is by default at a more solid core of density of body, chest, back, arms, legs.

So yeah, its not impressive. Id expect a guy who is that husky (better?) to be able to do that.

I would not expect someone of my weight and height to do what I can do. (Not to mention handstand pushups, backflips, grab rim and almost dunk at under 6" etc...)

Its honestly pretty impressive to do what I did in the gif with such smoothness. I could probably do the same with 225 too if we are starting to get competitive.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Thats an unreasonable criticism.

You're like the 2nd person to bring that up, like as if anything relevant was cut.

Clearly the important part is 1 take where I drop down and I come up is all one take. The rest is implied. The unracking and racking is there all from the same take.

I only speed edited 2 places that don't matter for time limit sake to make it fit into 15 sec for insta.
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    How do your threads always end up so full of drama :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Eh, who am I to speak, my other one went kaput! HA!

Oh well.

-exits to the left-

Typo....
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Is that your workout robe? :tongue:
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Oh well.

-exits to the left-

Typo....

Which one?
  • Ctrum69
    Options

You're like the 2nd person to bring that up, like as if anything relevant was cut.

Clearly the important part is 1 take where I drop down and I come up is all one take. The rest is implied. The unracking and racking is there all from the same take.

I only speed edited 2 places that don't matter for time limit sake to make it fit into 15 sec for insta.

You also did an awesome job of covering the frame on your back with the metal hospital patient bathrobe.

You haz mad skillz.

For your next trick, can you charge an Iphone with an apple and ginger ale?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive for how much I weigh at 153 right now.

he unracked and racked 300 pounds. Don't say "he's fat" again, the amount of weight you can lift is not a proportionate ratio to how heavy you are.

It was 300kg not 300lbs.
  • Ctrum69
    Options
    Is that your workout robe? :tongue:

It's his.. (raise eyebrow) "smoking jacket" (put bubble pipe in pocket).

Just like Hef.
  • Sinisterly
    Options

Oh well.

-exits to the left-

Typo....

Which one?
    It's gone to mod heaven now!
    Got pmed that it was just going to be moved and so it was haha.

-little tear-

Oh well, what can you do.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

You also did an awesome job of covering the frame on your back with the metal hospital patient bathrobe.

You haz mad skillz.

For your next trick, can you charge an Iphone with an apple and ginger ale?

Its winter time. whats wrong with my robe?

Its called a warm up set.