Gif of me balancing a barbell while squatting no hands!

Options

Replies

• Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    (and yes, I know.. feeding troll)..

"It's light enough that I can do it easily.. but the IMPLIED strength.. that's what matters!"

Someone get this kid to Barnum and Bailey. They need a new fake strongman.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Why are we supposed to be impressed if that is a light weight for you?

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive for how much I weigh at 153 right now.

I mean look at the smoothness. The amount of time spent comfortably in the pocket.

When I raised up it was like I was standing up from a chair effortlessly about to take a walk in the park.

And if you look at the other guy who was doing heavier weight, he actually didn't rack and unrack with no hands, I did it all with no hands. Practically almost my body weight, paused ATG squat. Notice also the fat guy didn't pause, he droped down only for a moment and came up fast and wasn't fully in control like a ninja like how I was.

he unracked and racked 300 pounds. Don't say "he's fat" again, the amount of weight you can lift is not a proportionate ratio to how heavy you are.

It was 300kg not 300lbs.

The point is he used his hands the whole time from setup to rerack. He only went no hands for like a second.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive even at 135 considering how much I weigh at 153 right now.

I mean look at the smoothness. The amount of time spent comfortably in the pocket.

When I raised up it was like I was standing up from a chair effortlessly about to take a walk in the park.

And if you look at the other guy who was doing heavier weight, he actually didn't rack and unrack with no hands, I did it all with no hands. Practically almost my body weight, paused ATG squat. Notice also the fat guy didn't pause, he droped down only for a moment and came up fast and wasn't fully in control like a ninja like how I was.

Ninjas wear black snuggies, not white Motel 6 bathrobes.

They also don't need to edit the rack and unrack portions of their vids.

Thats an unreasonable criticism.

You're like the 2nd person to bring that up, like as if anything relevant was cut.

Clearly the important part is 1 take where I drop down and I come up is all one take. The rest is implied. The unracking and racking is there all from the same take.

I only speed edited 2 places that don't matter for time limit sake to make it fit into 15 sec for insta.

So you decided to 'speed edit' parts of the actual lift and not the twirling dervish act at the end?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive for how much I weigh at 153 right now.

he unracked and racked 300 pounds. Don't say "he's fat" again, the amount of weight you can lift is not a proportionate ratio to how heavy you are.

It was 300kg not 300lbs.

The point is he used his hands the whole time from setup to rerack. He only went no hands for like a second.

No, the point is it was 300kg not 300lb
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    How do your threads always end up so full of drama :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Eh, who am I to speak, my other one went kaput! HA!

Oh well.

-exits to the left-

Typo....

Which one?
    It's gone to mod heaven now!
    Got pmed that it was just going to be moved and so it was haha.

-little tear-

Oh well, what can you do.

Im sorry.

Sounds like it was quite dramatic. You seem to have a really high level of participation around here! :)

cheers :):)
  • Ctrum69
    Options

Because its light enough that its safe and not dangerous or foolish to do. But at the same time the implied strength needed to do this correctly and safely is quite impressive even at 135 considering how much I weigh at 153 right now.

Ninjas wear black snuggies, not white Motel 6 bathrobes.

They also don't need to edit the rack and unrack portions of their vids.

Thats an unreasonable criticism.

You're like the 2nd person to bring that up, like as if anything relevant was cut.

Clearly the important part is 1 take where I drop down and I come up is all one take. The rest is implied. The unracking and racking is there all from the same take.

I only speed edited 2 places that don't matter for time limit sake to make it fit into 15 sec for insta.

You also did an awesome job of covering the frame on your back with the metal hospital patient bathrobe.

You haz mad skillz.

For your next trick, can you charge an Iphone with an apple and ginger ale?

Its winter time. whats wrong with my robe?

Its called a warm up set.

NOTHING! In fact I think The SItuation is coming out with a line of robes very much like that with things like "yolo" and "I pooped today!" embroidered on the back.

You are clearly ahead of the bellcurve in brofashion. Bro.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

It was 300kg not 300lbs.

Strong understanding of bodyweight to lift ratio.

I guess you just don't get what Im trying to point out.

The guy was built like Bowser from Super Mario Bros, Id expect him to do 600lbs. Heck my 1RM OLY max is nearing 400lbs.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    The hallmark of a stable self-image is incessant shouting, begging, and pleading for attention.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options

The guy was built like Bowser from Super Mario Bros, Id expect him to do 600lbs. Heck my 1RM OLY max is nearing 400lbs.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    What's 300kg in pounds?
  • Ctrum69
    Options
    The hallmark of a stable self-image is incessant shouting, begging, and pleading for attention.

And white motel 6 robes.
  • Ctrum69
    Options

Wow, Mine too! Nearly there, only about 300 lbs to go!
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    I've been in the thread for all of two minutes, haven't read more than a single page, and it's the friggin derp show.

In addition to failing conversion of metric to imperial, cannot discern positive attention from negative attention. Doesn't matter, it's all attention, amirite?
  • Nice moose knuckle shot... :noway: anyhow, good for you
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Dear bb.com,

We at MFP would greatly appreciate it if you would consider lifting the ban on Nutellabrah.

Thank you for your time,

Cranquistador
  • Ctrum69
    Options
    I've been in the thread for all of two minutes, haven't read more than a single page, and it's the friggin derp show.

In addition to failing conversion of metric to imperial, cannot discern positive attention from negative attention. Doesn't matter, it's all attention, amirite?

When epic trolls go about their business, ALL attention is positive attention.

One can get miffed, one can be oblivious, or one can decide the oppotunity for comic gold abounds.

I go for the third, with an adult beverage or two to enjoy during the process.
  • wonkosane
    wonkosane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything stupid enough to say to this.

I'm going to go read a book, and wait quietly for God to wipe away humanity.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

It was 300kg not 300lbs.

300kg is 660 pounds.....

jesus christ dude

Not really, its actually 661lbs.

If you're gonna correct my general estimation with a specific figure, at least have the correct specific figure.

661.4lbs.

But again, you guys are missing the point. Which is that its relative to how some people have a more mechanical advantage while others are pure muscle and strength conditioning (me).
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

328.gif