Options

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

This is very interesting. :smile:

"newish" person over here, sorry!

Don't tell em you're new, they shoot strangers!!!

We only shoot the new people who have zero success when they are telling everyone else on the board - people who have achieved all the things you are trying to achieve yourself - that they're doing it all wrong, don't know anything about nutrition, are unhealthy, etc.

man you seem hung up on this 0 figure. I'll amend my profile and maybe then I can be accepted into the brotherhood?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Lure them in

Step 2:
    40525Drop_The_Bomb.png

I think I like where this is going... maybe?

oh, this is definitely where this is going...
  • pritam_pyare
    Options
    I'm not saying you do it all wrong...what I meant to say is that what u ppl have evntually started discussing and what the article says is sort of merging at many instances
    Many of you here argueing here I'm pretty sure haven't even read the complete article and are blatantly disregarding it
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

We only shoot the new people who have zero success when they are telling everyone else on the board - people who have achieved all the things you are trying to achieve yourself - that they're doing it all wrong, don't know anything about nutrition, are unhealthy, etc.

I like you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

man you seem hung up on this 0 figure. I'll amend my profile and maybe then I can be accepted into the brotherhood?

You can amend your profile all you want, but you admit you are not fit, you say you have 50 lbs to lose, you are new to MFP, you are following a fad diet, and you are telling all of the actually successful people they are wrong and unhealthy.

It's not looking good for you.
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with knowing the truth if it matters where my calories come from.. found this AWESOME article that puts logic to it all. Worth the read

http://authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/

A great article.

For everyone who is dismissing it and backing their a calorie is just a calorie - did you lose your weight by eating a low calorie count of junk food or by eating healthy.

Well done on all of your successes. I am sure though at the heart of each of them what you ate was the result of the success you had.

It's called a lifestyle change. I eat/drink what I want. I make it fit. There are NO good/bad foods, just bad eating habits. My weight came off because I changed bad eating habits and started working out.

Exactly, that proves the point of the person who's written the article. Well done on the weight loss!

No it doesn't because she stated that only a slight few can have success with a diet change because they have to maintain it for LIFE........
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying you do it all wrong...what I meant to say is that what u ppl have evntually started discussing and what the article says is sort of merging at many instances
    Many of you here argueing here I'm pretty sure haven't even read the complete article and are blatantly disregarding it

It's a crappy article.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Are any of the calorie in/calorie out folks denying that different foods don't have different hormonal responses, which is basically what the article was stating?

The difference between what this article is discussing and calorie counting is that if you don't count calories and rely on your satiety to determine how much you eat, the hormonal effects of your foods matter greatly. However, if you count calories and have the self control to follow it very accurately then you basically aren't relying on your body's hunger/satiety signals and basically bypassing your hormonal system in terms of caloric consumption.

Me personally, I lost my weight counting calories and kept it off by changing the foods I ate. I've also greatly improved by health markers as well by increasing food quality and supplementation.

You do realize that satiety is grossly misunderstood, due in large part to that bunch of nonsense written by Gary Taubes that claims that carbs cause insulin spikes and insulin spikes cause hunger, therefore eating carbs makes you hungry. Yet Taubes completely misses the actual hormones involved (as he is a writer and doesn't know what he is talking about).

Using satiety signals will always break down as you get leaner. Eventually your body tries to prevent you from starving, and you discover what real hunger is.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Oh, we read it. It's just wrong.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

You can amend your profile all you want, but you admit you are not fit, you say you have 50 lbs to lose, you are new to MFP, you are following a fad diet, and you are telling all of the actually successful people they are wrong and unhealthy.

My like for you just got a bit stronger.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Oh my... yeah sure you can eat whatever you want and still lose weight. Live on McDonalds or Oreo's or whatever.
    Personally I would rather eat a lot of really good (real) food all day long than vs. starve myself all day and eat a pizza at night to stay within my calorie range :smile:

one slice of pizza is going to put you out of your calorie range, really?
  • Achrya
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

Conclusion.

Entrance to the Inner Circle/Roving Wolfpack/Shadowy Forum Bully Club/Thug Life Party is denied.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

I've been trying to figure this out for what feels like eight pages. I've still got nothing. I almost hope that he's trolling, because it's the most reasonable explanation for his endless desire to argue with everyone.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    CAN'T. STOP. READING.

Conclusion.

Entrance to the Inner Circle/Roving Wolfpack/Shadowy Forum Bully Club/Thug Life Party is denied.

That's a very insensitive comment. You are basing this on where I want to be. You don't know where I started from.

And MFP is supposed to be a supportive site (shame on you).
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    I've been trying to figure this out for what feels like eight pages. I've still got nothing. I almost hope that he's trolling, because it's the most reasonable explanation for his endless desire to argue with everyone.

No offense to the guy, but I don't think he gets it. He thinks my weight loss proves the article true. I said it's a lifestyle change, I eat and drink what I want. I eat allz the food and I'm losing weight. I eat out, I eat in, I drink beer, I eat pizza, but I prove the article right? Whadafuq?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

All calories are equal. A calorie is a unit of measure and as such are equal. Period, point blank, end of that train of thought. To state otherwise is just...Well wrong.

I'm not sure how else I can put that.

True, but not all sources of calories are nutritionally equivalent. And before anyone assumes I have chosen a side on this, read my profile.
  • Achrya
    Options

All calories are equal. A calorie is a unit of measure and as such are equal. Period, point blank, end of that train of thought. To state otherwise is just...Well wrong.

True, but not all sources of calories are nutritionally equivalent. And before anyone assumes I have chosen a side on this, read my profile.

Duh?

I mean. Spinach is nutritionally different than squash. Because they aren't the same. Different food if different because...different.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I've been struggling with knowing the truth if it matters where my calories come from.. found this AWESOME article that puts logic to it all. Worth the read

http://authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/

A great article.

For everyone who is dismissing it and backing their a calorie is just a calorie - did you lose your weight by eating a low calorie count of junk food or by eating healthy.

Well done on all of your successes. I am sure though at the heart of each of them what you ate was the result of the success you had.

< eats ice cream, pizza, etc regularly and has lost weight and left it off...currently about 11% body fat....so the answer to your first question is yes.

I have no idea what your second question even means...
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

Conclusion.

That's a very insensitive comment. You are basing this on where I want to be. You don't know where I started from.

And MFP is supposed to be a supportive site (shame on you).

He's basing it off what your own profile says.
    39 - Active, but not fit.
    I have been very active, but out of shape for the last 10 years

And that you stated in here you eat primal.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Duh?

Awww. Right in the feels.

A lot of people in this debate don;t seem to be getting that.

But a calorie is still a calorie is still a calorie.

You can eat a deficit of pure lard and lose weight.