THE WALKING DEAD

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't hate her. I just think she shouldn't have made it out of the prison.

Same question: How does the human race survive then?

Perhaps the human race isn't meant to survive in this particular story.

Agreed. Since everyone turns to a zombie after they die anyway, it's only a matter of years before humans are wiped out.

Good point. Eventually, the zombies would die out due to no food source.

Without hope, what's the point? A person may as well just give up. There has to be hope, or there is no show, I think.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Carl is annoying to me as a character.

It was a pretty good intense episode.

I was really hoping Glenn would go off and beat down some walkers after he put on that armor, but I was let down when he just walked through them like a drunk Mardi Gras person on Bourbon Street trying to find where to get another hand grenade.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Agreed. Since everyone turns to a zombie after they die anyway, it's only a matter of years before humans are wiped out.

Without hope, what's the point? A person may as well just give up. There has to be hope, or there is no show, I think.

I don't doubt hope, but I'm also a realist. Both of those come into play for me. I look at all angles.
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to see Daryl! love him. But I see him and beth's story being pretty boring until they meet up with some others from the prison. I'm also leery of the new military guy they introduced at the end. Apparently in the comic books he's a good guy but we'll see.

Oh and Lizzie is definitely a little cray cray. If you can't see that, maybe need to watch the episode again and then watch Talking Dead. Hell, you may even need to look up an interview with the writers or producers about it, since they're the ones who wrote and directed the episode in a way that made it obvious and completely clear that Lizzie was slipping to a dark place. How did the episoe leave any room for debate on the subject? Why else would there have been 2 different times in one episode where she either tries to kill or kills? She was in a complete dream world while she was holding Judith's nose and mouth shut, even though walkers were near, and those bunnies weren't just killed, they were obliterated.

I do watch Talking Dead afterwards, and I agree that Lizzie has some issues. Like all the other kids, she is struggling to cope with things that children should never have to deal with. She has been through the gamut of emotions. I feel sorry for her and her sister. And I think it's a little hypocritical that people are holding a child to adult standards. Forgiveness for Carol, but not for a child? That's just weird to me. And I seriously don't think she was trying to kill Judith. I think people are reading into that what they want to see because of the comic books or because of internet blogs they've read.

I did miss seeing Lizzie do anything to rabbits. I recall seeing dead rabbits when Daryl and Beth came through. I asked my daughter about it last night, and she said that it was implied that Lizzie had killed the rabbits. But a lot of things get implied on this show just for the sake of a plot twist. We'll see.

And what is "cray cray?" Is that urban youth-speak? Can we stick to English for the same of communication? :flowerforyou:

You are reeeeally intensely obsessed with clearing Lizzie's name lol.

and no, I will use cray-cray all I want (it means "crazy" for those suburban oldies who apparently only watch TWD and then spend all the next day debating on 2 or 3 walking dead forums) and it was used in a sarcastic way ;))

I just don't get how a person can proclaim love for Carol, but disdain for Lizzie. It's unreasonable to me.

You can use all the slang you choose. Just know that the words you choose reflect your education and intelligence level, and the use of slang does create a communication gap, making it difficult for you to be understood.

"Cray cray" sounds like something a toddler would say. *shrugs*

Hmmm, seems that you understood me perfectly well, even from waaaay up there on your pedestal.

And if you'll look back, I didn't proclaim love for Carol at any point, so not sure how I got you on my back. There's always one person who uses name-calling and rudeness to turn a perfectly friendly conversation into a debate.
  • smelius22
    Options
    Question about last season: didn't they show Carol going in and killing Tyrese's girlfriend and all that?

I've seen a lot of people saying they think Lizzie killed the sick people and Carol is covering for her but I could have sworn there was a scene showing Carol going into the room with that woman and putting a knife in her head. I could totally be imagining it though, or maybe it never actually showed Carol and instead was meant to imply.

Does anyone remember this?
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    Question about last season: didn't they show Carol going in and killing Tyrese's girlfriend and all that?

I've seen a lot of people saying they think Lizzie killed the sick people and Carol is covering for her but I could have sworn there was a scene showing Carol going into the room with that woman and putting a knife in her head. I could totally be imagining it though, or maybe it never actually showed Carol and instead was meant to imply.

I don't think you ever see who it is. You just see the hand with the knife and maybe part of the arm.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Yes, they showed that. As you can see, most people who "know what is going on" on this show miss a lot of scenes and actually don't know what is going on.
  • wolfsbayne
    Options

Yes, they showed that. As you can see, most people who "know what is going on" on this show miss a lot of scenes and actually don't know what is going on.

Maybe I need to go back and re-watch that episode. I don't remember them showing who it was. Of course, I had to ask my son if Rick told Tyrese that it was Carol, too, so I could be wrong.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Maybe I need to go back and re-watch that episode. I don't remember them showing who it was. Of course, I had to ask my son if Rick told Tyrese that it was Carol, too, so I could be wrong.

Not sure that it showed her doing it but I think it did. It did show her dragging the bodies outside, but that would still work if Lizzie had done it. I don't see the need for Carol to cover for Lizzie, they wouldn't kill her or run her off since she is a kid.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I don't think you ever see who it is. You just see the hand with the knife and maybe part of the arm.

That's how I remembered it. I don't understand the "Lizzie did it" theory. It is unreasonable to me.
  • jlmuise25
    jlmuise25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I didn't particularly care for Sunday's episode. It was dull and boring. It had moments, but overall boring. Lizzie has clearly lost her mind. I could care less about the rabbits, because she was probably thinking, "If I kill these then the zombies will come to this spot instead of chasing us." My reference to her losing her mind is covering the baby's mouth and nose. Yes, you can see in her eyes that she wants to baby gone. Carol being "back" is a little weird to say the least. Carl didn't really upset me as I think he was just angry and confused. He's still a BOY and most people are forgetting that. He had to survive while Rick was, sleeping? I guess you could call it sleeping. Carl is a teenager in the post apocalypse. Teenagers are still going to have angst. I'm sure he's still dealing with all of the crap that happened to his mom. PLUS, they think Judith is dead so he's probably dealing with that too.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I don't doubt hope, but I'm also a realist. Both of those come into play for me. I look at all angles.

I would just be pissed off if the whole thing ends with the end of humanity.

ETA: Hence, my joy at seeing Judith's pretty face, and my hope that Lizzie's seemingly skewed moral compass is simply a reflection of "Gen ZA" (Generation Zombie Apocolypse)
  • smelius22
    Options

Not sure that it showed her doing it but I think it did. It did show her dragging the bodies outside, but that would still work if Lizzie had done it. I don't see the need for Carol to cover for Lizzie, they wouldn't kill her or run her off since she is a kid.

I need to go back and watch it too because I could have sworn Carol walks into the room they're quarantined to and does it. Thanks for the response! :)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Hmmm, seems that you understood me perfectly well, even from waaaay up there on your pedestal.

And if you'll look back, I didn't proclaim love for Carol at any point, so not sure how I got you on my back. There's always one person who uses name-calling and rudeness to turn a perfectly friendly conversation into a debate.

If I knew what you meant, I would not have asked. I am not trying to be rude, just being honest about communication. I'm certainly not calling you any names. I'm sorry if you felt that was rude. Friendly conversation is my goal.

To me "cray cray" sounds like a toddler or preschooler asking for a crayon or something. Sorry, I'm "old people," so I don't keep up on slang. :flowerforyou:
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    PRETTY sure Carol killed those early-sickness people in the prison last season. Hence why she'd lie to Tyrese about why she was absent during the attack on the prison. He didn't know she'd been found out by Rick, he didn't share her guilt with the group prior to banishing her, so in his absence she can slip back in. I also think while she acted callously, she acted with the intent of preserving the greater group. A lot of hard decisions like that are made in survival situations.

I also think Lizzie is going to prove to be a dangerous character. I thought she killed the rabbits for food, having read the discussion and remembering the episode, I think she killed because they were there. I also thought she was in some kind of trance while she held her hand on Judith's face, not that she was INTENDING to quiet the child, or to kill her, just that she saw that possibility and was carrying it out and it was intoxicating to her.

That said, the "killing the crying baby for the good of the group" thing reminded me of an exercise in ethics and moral reasoning. Would you kill a baby who wouldn't stop crying in a survival situation where the crying would cause the death of the group?
    Rough one to ponder.
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    PRETTY sure Carol killed those early-sickness people in the prison last season. Hence why she'd lie to Tyrese about why she was absent during the attack on the prison. He didn't know she'd been found out by Rick, he didn't share her guilt with the group prior to banishing her, so in his absence she can slip back in. I also think while she acted callously, she acted with the intent of preserving the greater group. A lot of hard decisions like that are made in survival situations.

I also think Lizzie is going to prove to be a dangerous character. I thought she killed the rabbits for food, having read the discussion and remembering the episode, I think she killed because they were there. I also thought she was in some kind of trance while she held her hand on Judith's face, not that she was INTENDING to quiet the child, or to kill her, just that she saw that possibility and was carrying it out and it was intoxicating to her.

That said, the "killing the crying baby for the good of the group" thing reminded me of an exercise in ethics and moral reasoning. Would you kill a baby who wouldn't stop crying in a survival situation where the crying would cause the death of the group?
    Rough one to ponder.

I thought the same thing about Lizzie when she had her hand over Judith's mouth. It was like she was blocking out Micka (sp?) calling her name.

I'm on the fence about Carol. I understand why she did what she did, but I can also see Rick's stance.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

I need to go back and watch it too because I could have sworn Carol walks into the room they're quarantined to and does it. Thanks for the response! :)

I remember a scene like that from last season, but I thought that was Rick imagining how the deaths occured after he noticed the blood prints on the door leading to the courtyard outside. He imagined how Carol might have killed those two people. I don't think we actually saw Carol doing the deed...we just have her confession.
  • smelius22
    Options

I remember a scene like that from last season, but I thought that was Rick imagining how the deaths occured after he noticed the blood prints on the door leading to the courtyard outside. He imagined how Carol might have killed those two people. I don't think we actually saw Carol doing the deed...we just have her confession.

aahhh I see, now that makes sense. It's coming back to me now.
  • beckyboooo87x
    beckyboooo87x Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Has never seen the walking dead am I missing out? Lol
  • wolfsbayne
    Options
    Has never seen the walking dead am I missing out? Lol

If you like zombie stuff....then YES!