Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone is feeling great this Wed morning!! Half way through the week, only a few more early mornings to go! So yesterday DH emailed me telling me that his co-ed soccer team was going to default if they did not have another girl, so I volunteered. I HATE soccer, I am not good at it! I am the person they call if they know they are going to lose by default, they figure at least with me there they have a (slim) chance. So I went and both teams ended up defaulting anyways because there were not enough players. We just played a fun game with the ref on our team. It was so much fun! Turns out I love playing soccer like that! The last time I played was in early July, and I am so much faster now. I can run the whole length of the feild without being badly winded. It totally gave me motivation to buy the C25K app for my iPod. I need to go buy some good running shoes and then I am off!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Deanna - thanks for the link, I'll check it out when I get back from the gym.

kennedar - that is awesome you found a new sport. Since you are in Canada I suggest you go to the Running Room to get properly fitted for new running shoes.

Karen
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    Hey ladies, hope you're all having a good week. I weighed in at 138 this morning (down from 139.8) so hopefully I can maintain or lose more by monday! I started my workout today and my ankle was really painful so I had to stop, was worried about making it worse. :sad: Hopefully it'll be ok by tomorrow, I seriously need my exercise cals a lot of the time!

Deanna the dresses on that website are amazing, wish I had some spare money.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to narrow down my favorite dresses on that pinup clothing site but I love them all! I posted a bunch on facebook to have my friends help me pick. :laugh:
  • JessikaJ
    Options
    Love all the dresses but pretty sure theres only a few that i would be able to sqeeze my giant boobs into... lol! I never have luck ordering stuff online because of this! Wish there was a pinup style store close to where I live.....
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Love all the dresses but pretty sure theres only a few that i would be able to sqeeze my giant boobs into... lol! I never have luck ordering stuff online because of this! Wish there was a pinup style store close to where I live.....

:laugh: I don't have that problem! But I wish there were some local pin-up/vintage style stores too. I NEVER order clothes offline because you never know how it's going to fit, so I'm gonna go shopping and see if I can find anything similar, in a few weeks.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    just wanted to share my little success with all of you. I love summer because I love wearing dresses and skirts (much more flattering) but it has been so cold in Ottawa this week, that I had to give in and wear pants. Only to realize this morning that I don't own any pants. So I tried on a pair that I bought 5 years ago, that never fit.

And they fit!!

They are a little tight at the waist, but a loose shirt covers that. I am so excited! And motivated to continue!!

And congrats too all of you guys and your success'. I love reading all these posts everyday!
  • RachVR6
    Options
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    It looks like I may not make my goal this week either. I hurt my knee, so I'm taking a break from working out so I can rest it. And.... I lost my job. As of September 30th, I will no longer be employed. I'm pretty devastated, so I'm sure my diet this week, will also not be great..... So frustrating.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ooopsie- it must not have pasted:grumble: ...here it is http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/

I was looking at that site a few days ago!! Love it!!! I think I'm gonna treat myself with clothes from there when I hit my goals. I've been browsing for halloween.

EEEEEE me too!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm trying to narrow down my favorite dresses on that pinup clothing site but I love them all! I posted a bunch on facebook to have my friends help me pick. :laugh:

I pretty much like them all too, I can't even choose colors on some of them, I want them all!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

So sexy but yet so sophisticated!
  • RachVR6
    Options

I pretty much like them all too, I can't even choose colors on some of them, I want them all!

I tried to get my bf to help me narrow it down....and he wants me to get them all. :laugh: No help. He just said 'OMG you'd be even hotter'.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

I tried to get my bf to help me narrow it down....and he wants me to get them all. :laugh: No help. He just said 'OMG you'd be even hotter'.

Awww how sweet! I wish I could afford to buy them all...cause I def. would. :laugh:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It looks like I may not make my goal this week either. I hurt my knee, so I'm taking a break from working out so I can rest it. And.... I lost my job. As of September 30th, I will no longer be employed. I'm pretty devastated, so I'm sure my diet this week, will also not be great..... So frustrating.

So sorry to hear about your job! Times are still so tough at the moment and all the great people I know seem to be losing their jobs :frown: Here's hoping you find something great really soon!

Yes, yes...relax that knee...don't risk turning it into a bigger injury :frown: So what if you put on a couple of pounds? You know that as soon as you jump back into your cardio and fitness programme it will fall off you. You have more important things going on in life to become upset about weight worries....if you really want to work out...try some upper body strength exercises that put NO stress on that knee of yours.

Hope things improve soon for you :flowerforyou:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Awww how sweet! I wish I could afford to buy them all...cause I def. would. :laugh:

I want ALL of those clothes off both websites please??? :love:
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    Ladies I shared this with Rach and I'm sure some of you would enjoy this blog - http://ms*****cakes.blogspot.com/ A neurotic glamour girls weight watchers experience. B*tchcakes aka Sheryl is a pin up. I love her and her blog and her insight on life and weight loss. She mentioned somewhere about her clothing and alot of it she does not buy at vintage shops.

kayleigh and sheila - Congrats on the loss

MrsSki - so sorry to hear about your job. Keep your chin up and try and stay positive.

Sending healing vibes to all our injured pin-ups - listen to your bodies and give yourself time to rest and heal.

Karen
  • SweetPandora
    Options
    I see the address was edited so here it is again, just leave out the space between the b and the i
    http://msb itchcakes.blogspot.com/

Karen
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I'm printing up my top favorite dresses off that site and hanging them on my wall for motivation. :flowerforyou: