Boyfriend has roadrage

Options

Replies

• gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    May be you should stop over reacting and find a middle ground.

Maybe you should get your macho *kitten* out of my thread!
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It's easy to be angry at a complete stranger on the road..tell him to pretend it's his mom/friend etc. you would easily shake your head and just think...damn my mom sucks at driving etc. rather than go into a fit of rage wishing you had built in machine guns to take out the stupid drivers that can't get the heck out of the way ...it's the fast lane....move over or get run over...

I so wish it was legal to shoot people who do that.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Here locally a guy flipped a woman off before cutting her off and slamming on his breaks...ish got real at the stop light when she walked up to the car and SHOT HIM....true story!

She's my hero.

lol, your hero is some idiot who shot someone and for sure ended up in jail?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    No one's winning with road rage. You're either making your blood pressure go up, or pissing someone off enough that they'll start doing dangerous stuff to get even.

Seriously, there's a reason why I have a truck gun. Road ragers are extremely dangerous, I'm not letting one harm me or my wife.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    To put the whole, "why am I with a man who can't control his temper" ---- would you wish your children to be in the same car as this man? Would you wish your children to be around a man who couldn't be trusted enough to control his temper in-so-much that it escalates putting your babies at risk?

I think not.

You can do better than this and you know it. :flowerforyou:
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    It's easy to be angry at a complete stranger on the road..tell him to pretend it's his mom/friend etc. you would easily shake your head and just think...damn my mom sucks at driving etc. rather than go into a fit of rage wishing you had built in machine guns to take out the stupid drivers that can't get the heck out of the way ...it's the fast lane....move over or get run over...

I so wish it was legal to shoot people who do that.

I want to shoot him!!! Me, the passenger!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Why? You want your BF to change but don't want to change and find a middle ground. This a public forum, can't take the heat don't post.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    See, I've tried the whole "I'm driving" thing, he tries to reach across the steering wheel to honk at people. It's that point when I punch him. Have I mentioned we have an odd dynamic?
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    Here locally a guy flipped a woman off before cutting her off and slamming on his breaks...ish got real at the stop light when she walked up to the car and SHOT HIM....true story!

She's my hero.

She shot a roadrager. They all need to be shot!
  • moosegt35
    Options
    Why does everyone take driving so seriously? Is anyone really going anywhere THAT important? I always drive 5 under the speed limit. Just leave earlier if you're on some sort of deadline or you're on your way to work. If you're getting off work why rush anyways? You're already off.

because I don't like wasting my life away sitting in a car behind a bunch of idiots driving slow in the fast lane or texting when the light is green instead of driving. Thats what roads are for, driving and getting to where you are going not relaxing and exting all your friends.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    Why? You want your BF to change but don't want to change and find a middle ground. This a public forum, can't take the heat don't post.

I'm taking the heat, I told you to get your macho *kitten* off my thread!!

I offered to drive! Read the entire thread big mouth!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,986 Member
    Options
    nm
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    See, I've tried the whole "I'm driving" thing, he tries to reach across the steering wheel to honk at people. It's that point when I punch him. Have I mentioned we have an odd dynamic?

:laugh: I could relate! He has road rage when I drive too!!! Not as bad though.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    A heavy dose of CELEXA!!!!

Or something!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    To put the whole, "why am I with a man who can't control his temper" ---- would you wish your children to be in the same car as this man? Would you wish your children to be around a man who couldn't be trusted enough to control his temper in-so-much that it escalates putting your babies at risk?

I think not.

You can do better than this and you know it. :flowerforyou:

Not only that, but what happens when her switches from being abusive at other drivers, and starts bringing it home to her? The cycle of violence is real, and one of the first parts of it for abusers is to attack external things.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I would dump him and in the process loose a lot of scary weight. Road rage is BIG red flag.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options

So it's your boyfriend who overreacts and is irrational, is that right?
  • moosegt35
    Options

She's my hero.

If all of the idiots lerned to drive the amount of road rage would decrease dramatically.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Just let him know, somebody could take a gun and just shoot at him, if he opens his big mouth...

Dump the guy..
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options

So it's your boyfriend who overreacts and is irrational, is that right?

Yep, you got it.

You must have road rage.... maybe you know one another????