Boyfriend has roadrage

Options

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    Why? You want your BF to change but don't want to change and find a middle ground. This a public forum, can't take the heat don't post.

I'm taking the heat, I told you to get your macho *kitten* off my thread!!

I offered to drive! Read the entire thread big mouth!

Some one has anger issues. LMAO. You should join him in anger management . Therapists give discounts for couples with anger management issues.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    She shot a roadrager. They all need to be shot!

So it's your boyfriend who overreacts and is irrational, is that right?

exactly. Don't like it that someone yelled at you because you are stupid and can't drive? just shoot them. Lol
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I would dump him and in the process loose a lot of scary weight. Road rage is BIG red flag.

loose weight, tight weight, whats the difference?
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Give him road head, yeah I just wanted to be first to say it.

Best damn answer to any thread I have seen all day... HA!!!
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Yep, you got it.

You must have road rage.... maybe you know one another????

That's not even remotely relevant to my comment but carry on. I can pass you a shovel if you like.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Why not make it a policy that when you go out together, YOU drive?
    Won't cure him, but at least you won't have to deal with it.

Or you could have him take a page from my book: passive-aggressive kill 'em with kindness driving. When someone cuts me off, or does something assy, I blow them a kiss. Makes me feel better, and probably either confuses or enrages THEM, but doesn't reflect on me. Heh.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I would say to really emphasize that it bothers you when he does it.

Make it clear how much anxiety it gives you.

Make him feel like a tard for a second.

But this takes a certain amount of "influence" and if you're not a natural sales person you might not be able to sell him on it.

I would just freak out like 'WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU! YOU DRIVE ME OUT OF MY WITS WHEN YOU GET CRAZY LIKE THAT! IM TRYING TO RELAX AND YOURE DRIVING ME NUTS! DO YOU NOT COMPREHEND THAT ACTING LIKE A LUNATIC IS NOT GONNA FIX OTHERS DRIVING?? CAN YOU REALLY NOT COMPREHEND THAT? ALL YOU DO IS GET ME ALL WORKED UP AND UNCOMFORTABLE I CANT HANDLE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT!!!"

And hopefully he will make an effort to temper himself at least around you.

So..... do to him exactly what you don't want him to do to other drivers? :huh:
    hmm...

No.

If someone acted like that toward me in a relationship rather than talking to me calmly and rationally in a mature way then you'd be out on your butt. But, I'm also pretty sure you're the guy who dates 18 year olds so it makes sense that would be your advice....
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    May be you should stop over reacting and find a middle ground.

Maybe you should get your macho *kitten* out of my thread!

Whoa!! Good thing you are not driving. Embrace the rage!
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone take driving so seriously? Is anyone really going anywhere THAT important? I always drive 5 under the speed limit. Just leave earlier if you're on some sort of deadline or you're on your way to work. If you're getting off work why rush anyways? You're already off.

because I don't like wasting my life away sitting in a car behind a bunch of idiots driving slow in the fast lane or texting when the light is green instead of driving. Thats what roads are for, driving and getting to where you are going not relaxing and exting all your friends.

LOL I dunno. Move closer to your job. My commute used to be 15 minutes (6 miles) and it's about 30 minutes (15 miles) now. People force themselves in to a rushed lifestyle then whine when everyone doesn't want to go 900 miles an hour like they do. You're not going anywhere important. Settling down grumpy.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    This would be a major deal breaker for me.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    Why? You want your BF to change but don't want to change and find a middle ground. This a public forum, can't take the heat don't post.

Some one has anger issues. LMAO. You should join him in anger management . Therapists give discounts for couples with anger management issues.

I have internet anger with people who have no place in my topics.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    May be you should stop over reacting and find a middle ground.

Maybe you should get your macho *kitten* out of my thread!

Whoa!! Good thing you are not driving. Embrace the rage!

Haha, believe me, I am saying it with extreme serenity :smile: I don't yell, don't have to.
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    In a relationship, you get exactly what you are willing to put up with. All the other things about him outweigh this? Stick with it, but you own that decision. Had enough? Take off, and you own that decision too. This is on you, hon. He's just being himself. I'd cut him loose, but that's just me.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Assuming it's as serious as you say it is, I'm just wondering why you would continue to date someone who behaves like this. Is this not a red flag for you?

I know..... and I have left him for this reason and the usual "I'll change" begins. I think this is aging me! I love him but I hate him.

If you can so flippantly say "I hate him" then you don't really love him. You don't use that ugly word on people you say you love. I have been so angry with my husband I couldn't speak to him for hours, but hell would freeze over before I ever said I HATED him. You can hate his behavior, but to ever say you hate someone you claim to love is just backwards and wrong.

Another thing, if you've already left him for this same thing and he promised to change and he didn't, well then he is nothing better than a liar. If you are ok with dating a liar, that's your business I suppose, but I could never share my heart and home with someone I can't trust to keep promises like that.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

I have internet anger with people who have no place in my topics.

You do realize that you posted "your topic" in a public forum on the internet?? Just checking cause, nevermind. . .
    *Backs away slowly in hopes that I won't get shot by the person who is concerned about rage and stuff*
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options

Yep, you got it.

That's not even remotely relevant to my comment but carry on. I can pass you a shovel if you like.

It is relevant, you just don't see it.
    Options
    LMAO. Internet rage, road rage bwahahaha. It's still a rage., it a public forum not your personal space, just like a road is public.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options

Yep, you got it.

It is relevant, you just don't see it.

Must be the blind rage impacting my vision.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    LMAO. Internet rage, road rage bwahahaha. It's still a rage., it a public forum not your personal space, just like a road is public.

bwahaha? What are you 5?
    Options
    I am two. LOL. This thread is hilarious.