Boyfriend has roadrage

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Whatever. I don't need idiots telling me that I should find a middle ground. Instead of telling me that, suggest one but read the entire thread first.

I've lurked on here long enough to know how this place works.

So...what did you want people to tell you then?
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the thread rage! Just kidding. I'm mellow and happy, and don't allow strangers to make me angry.

If I hate the consistent behavior of someone I'm dating, I break up with them. It sounds a bit like you both have anger issues anyway.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Why? You want your BF to change but don't want to change and find a middle ground. This a public forum, can't take the heat don't post.

I'm taking the heat, I told you to get your macho *kitten* off my thread!!

I offered to drive! Read the entire thread big mouth!

Some one has anger issues. LMAO. You should join him in anger management . Therapists give discounts for couples with anger management issues.

I have internet anger with people who have no place in my topics.

"Your" topic? You posted on a PUBLIC forum. If you didn't want anyone to respond to YOUR topic then you shouldn't have posted on a PUBLIC forum.

And FWIW: People HAVE made suggestions to you on how to deal with it. You're just choosing to ignore them.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Whatever. I don't need idiots telling me that I should find a middle ground. Instead of telling me that, suggest one but read the entire thread first.

Only tell her what she wants to hear. This is her internet after all.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    To put the whole, "why am I with a man who can't control his temper" ---- would you wish your children to be in the same car as this man? Would you wish your children to be around a man who couldn't be trusted enough to control his temper in-so-much that it escalates putting your babies at risk?

I think not.

You can do better than this and you know it. :flowerforyou:

Not only that, but what happens when her switches from being abusive at other drivers, and starts bringing it home to her? The cycle of violence is real, and one of the first parts of it for abusers is to attack external things.

Ok, SERIOUS over reaction. I've been with my husband for 16 years, he's as bad as the OP described if not worse when it comes to road rage, but the biggest teddy bear on the planet with people he cares about. He's the guy who steps up to the bully in public to defend the person in need, I can't imagine anyone LESS likely to EVER be abusive in a relationship.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

GET OUT OF HER TOPIC! :mad: :explode: :angry:
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    oh_f05647_593961.jpg
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    She shot a roadrager. They all need to be shot!

So it's your boyfriend who overreacts and is irrational, is that right?

Yep, you got it.

You must have road rage.... maybe you know one another????

That's not even remotely relevant to my comment but carry on. I can pass you a shovel if you like.

It is relevant, you just don't see it.

Must be the blind rage impacting my vision.

Maybe blind stupidity?

You mad?
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, that's a deal-breaker.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options

Many of you are giving me great advice! I appreciate it. There are two types of people on MFP the helpers and the ones that like to start trouble by being cocky.
  • Hangnbang
    Hangnbang Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    He does not need to change ,stupid drivers need to change :smile:
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options
    She shot a roadrager. They all need to be shot!

So it's your boyfriend who overreacts and is irrational, is that right?

Yep, you got it.

You must have road rage.... maybe you know one another????

That's not even remotely relevant to my comment but carry on. I can pass you a shovel if you like.

It is relevant, you just don't see it.

Must be the blind rage impacting my vision.

Maybe blind stupidity?

You mad?

Honestly? Yes. Mad and confused.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Why? You want your BF to change but don't want to change and find a middle ground. This a public forum, can't take the heat don't post.

Some one has anger issues. LMAO. You should join him in anger management . Therapists give discounts for couples with anger management issues.

You do realize that you posted "your topic" in a public forum on the internet?? Just checking cause you know. . .
    *Backs away slowly in hopes that I won't get shot by the person who is concerned about rage and stuff*

But clearly haven't lurked long enough to know that calling ppl idiots and "5 years old" is against the community guidelines and can get you banned. Lurk fail.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options

:laugh: You made me laugh. Not easy to do lately. Thank you.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options

You do realize that you posted "your topic" in a public forum on the internet?? Just checking cause you know. . .
    *Backs away slowly in hopes that I won't get shot by the person who is concerned about rage and stuff*

But clearly haven't lurked long enough to know that calling ppl idiots and "5 years old" is against the community guidelines and can get you banned. Lurk fail.

Ahh but I don't care if I get banned. :wink: :tongue:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

By all means then, call me a b!tch and let's get it over with. ":wink::tongue: "
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,987 Member
    Options
    *sigh* So this is just yet another desperate cry for attention, then.

Okay, have fun. You're awesome.
  • gottahavefaith2014
    Options

By all means then, call me a b!tch and let's get it over with. ":wink::tongue: "

haha, I don't think you're being a *****.... guess what I just did?? I sent my bf a link of therapists who deal with anger management. I can only imagine his response. I would even go with him, me and my serene self :smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i have road rage.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why this hasn't been suggested......

Just break up.

:flowerforyou:

I try.. I posted this response earlier. He keeps saying he'll change.

He won't without outside help. Next time he does it get out of the car and go home (If you live with him give him a cohoice he leaves or you do. when he pleads be firm and demand counseling for anger management and joint counseling for other issues. He's shown he will not change.