Any women over 45 out there trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• lindashelby12
    lindashelby12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am
    new to this site too. Been overweight all my life. May I ask what diet your dr. Recommended
    . Thank you
  • dconn3114
    dconn3114 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's not any one diet -- lean proteins, veggies, fruit -- stay away from refined processed foods -- track calories etc. and work out consistently.

hard but we can do this!!!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!! Week one is NEVER easy! :) You did it!
  • Kimberlaw01
    Kimberlaw01 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yup! 45 and need to lose 200 pounds....yikes! :)
  • karinfriday1
    karinfriday1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and really need to lose 40 pounds. I just haven't had the motivation. I turn 52 in November and I would really like to have lost the weight by then but I just don't know if I can! I will try MFP and this community to encourage me! :)
  • SpinnyBoss
    Options
    oh boy... here goes. I not sure I can do this. I have NEVER ever replied, or been on a 'blog' or whatever, but I need to lose some weight. I too am over 45- at 48 y/o right now. Need to lose a bunch of weight, but will focus on only 20 right now. I am trying to embrace this 'fitnesspal', but heck I can't even figure out how to make a list of "MY FOODS'... grrrrrrrrrr So, if someone can help me with that step, I would really appreciate it. I would like to put in the foods I have in the house- so that it's easy to start.
  • dconn3114
    dconn3114 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I tried to friend you all -- if I didn't and you want to, friend me! I'm really encouraged that there are so many of us trying to make the changes at this point in time. Have a great weekend!
  • robinsgirl410
    Options
    I will be 55 in April and trying to lose weight seriously for the first time ever. Have always been on the bigger side of weight charts but now realizing my knees/feet/heart are not happy with me. Just started today. good luck to you. I would like to lose about 70 lbs to get back to pre-baby weight of 24 years ago but will take what I can get.
  • robinsgirl410
    Options
    My friend who is also turning 55 lost 100 lbs about 2 yrs ago- took her about a year and a half. She has regained a bit (20-30) but she is still smaller than she was in high school so it IS possible. Keep going a little at a time, know your triggers and love yourself.
  • lpalmerw
    lpalmerw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I am 56 years old going through menopause , my body has changed so much, although I am a thick woman, I always had
    curves they are gone. I have been trying to lose weight forever I join a gym this week, started working out. My problem is
    portion control, and being stocked in home with the right foods. I have to get my mind right. Cheers to all of you , who are
    on the right track.
  • trimwan2B
    Options
    Turning 48 on Feb. 24th. Just started seeing a Doctor for weight loss, but still using MFP for logging.
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 54 and have 10 pounds to go ... which I have been working on for a loooong time.
  • iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and started this weight loss effort Feb 2013. I have lost 40 lbs on MFP and had already lost 10 before joining so I have lost about 50. You can do it.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I am 52, feel free to add me
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53 ....young at heart, but my weight makes me feel so much older...it is hard at any age.....but the main thing I try to do is to 'not give up' ,no matter what the scales show!! and not to give the scale too much control over how I feel.. Anyone , Feel free to add me.
  • lpalmerw
    lpalmerw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation , I just join a gym, already doing the cardio and will add the strength training in.:smile::smile:
  • dcm19661
    Options
    I'm 47. My goal is to lose 40 pounds and keep it off. I am limited in my exercise so it will be difficult but I will do my best to succeed!
  • blunderball
    blunderball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and in the process of releasing 60 pounds. It's a little more difficult than it was when I was younger, but I feel now I have allot more at stake. I had a knee injury and was using a cane to get around. The extra weight made it really hard for my knee to heal. If I feel like quitting, I look at that cane. That straightens me right up.

For me, the most important lesson has been to accept set backs, and just keep going. That and weigh your food. I can't stress that enough.

Every night before you go to sleep, visualize how you are going to look and feel when you drop the weight and are exercising and eating healthy.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    turned 46 in January. ...
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    I am 44, and began this lifestyle change a year and a half ago. It can be done, no matter what your age!! Good luck to everyone, you can make it happen!! :happy: