I ate 5,877 calories today...

Options

Replies

• sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @ OP... One "bad day" didn't make you over weight, nor with one "good day" make you thin. Brush off what happened yesterday and do your best today. Always do your best.
  • karenmcwilly53
    karenmcwilly53 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We all do it. No worries, just start again today :)
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Aww bless you, you're lovely!

If I were you as others have said I'd just stick to your regular plan tomorrow and in future, however I'd work out a bit harder over the next few days to try and burn a bit extra off :)

Good luck keeping away from the pork lol <3
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    There is a 'pork loin raw' entry from MFP (there are two actually). Just search those terms and use the entry without *.

It's not as bad as you think... 1000g is about 1200 calories.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    There is a 'pork loin raw' entry from MFP (there are two actually). Just search those terms and use the entry without *.

Are you sure that is with the crackling though?
  • benefiting
    Options
    Aww bless you, you're lovely!

If I were you as others have said I'd just stick to your regular plan tomorrow and in future, however I'd work out a bit harder over the next few days to try and burn a bit extra off :)

Good luck keeping away from the pork lol <3

Why thank you love! :)
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't think I could do that if I tried....maybe if I ate a large pizza...but wow!

Considering 1 large dairy queen blizzard with snickers and reeses cups has over 2000 calories in it, I would say its easy to eat 10000 calories in a day, nevermind 5000.

Pffft. Food Amateurs
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :)
  • tegalicious
    Options
    How the hell is that even possible? I don't think I could do that if I tried....maybe if I ate a large pizza...but wow!

Considering 1 large dairy queen blizzard with snickers and reeses cups has over 2000 calories in it, I would say its easy to eat 10000 calories in a day, nevermind 5000.

Pffft. Food Amateurs

Seriously...
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Pffft. Food Amateurs

Seriously...

Heh, I looked up the calorie count for my favorite meal at Chili's. Over 3000 if I don't drink anything but water and don't get a desert (yeah right!) :laugh:
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Drop your calories and workout for the next few days. That's what I'd do. You'll probably lose whatever you gained by overeating for a day, then next week go back to normal
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

I would think the hoofs would be a little too crunchy for my human teeth...

Trotters are good, though!

11maxbb.jpg

Stuffed pig's trotter with black pudding (pig's blood) and chestnut stuffing.

Mmmmm.

The things I miss out on being an American :(

That's a lotta "poke" .......as Chris Rock would call it! lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

There's an entry that is 1400 calories for 1000g, so it's pretty close either way... don't sweat it!
  • benefiting
    Options

There's an entry that is 1400 calories for 1000g, so it's pretty close either way... don't sweat it!

Pork crackling has to be more than 200 calories. Considering I ate half the pork crackling too.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    As I recall, that silly little breaded chicken strips basket with "country gravy" on it and fries from DQ is something like 1,200 calories. And it's really not even that much food. Drop a Blizzard on top of that and you can have about 2,500 for one meal. Yikes! So it's easy to see how it can happen over the course of one day.

It's just one day. Tomorrow is another day. Make different choices, and move on. That's the gift of tomorrow, you always get another chance to start over!
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Saw an entry for around 250 for 50g of pork crackling. That's 5000 for 1000g

It's pure fat and skin, remember. Lots of calories in chicken skin, too... about 150 calories in 30g.
  • benefiting
    Options
    Saw an entry for around 250 for 50g of pork crackling. That's 5000 for 1000g

It's pure fat and skin, remember. Lots of calories in chicken skin, too... about 150 calories in 30g.

I didn't have 1KG of pork crackling. I had 1.06KG of pork crackling AND meat - the pork crackling was on top of the meat. :)
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    WOWZA. I struggled to eat at maintenance last week at 1930 so tbh I am really shocked you should enter food eating competitions!

On a serious note its really not that big a deal - you ate it - its done. Onwards and upwards. I ate 700 calories worth of almond croissant today and got emosh! But so frickin what - it's one day and you've been doing so well so far and any way like you said it tasted good - at least it was pork so lots of protein - could've been worse!
  • younginaz
    younginaz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1926 so I went over by quite a lot today... okay, a huge amount! I'm pretty much accepting it... what done is done. I've drunk 3 litres of water today maybe even more along with the food. I'm wondering if I should just continue with my 1926 calorie plan tomorrow or should I drop it down to 1400-1600 calories for a few days at least. What would you do in my situation? No negativity please. :)
    I probably ate more on New Year's Eve and I won't even consider the drinks. :)
    Tomorrow is a new day. Going slightly lower than your usualy calorie goal for a few days is fine as long as it doesn't make you hungry and miserable and doesn't make you overeat again. Put this behind you and move on. There will always be birthdays, Christmas, dinner at grandma and so on, and they won't compromise your weight loss on the long run.

Excellent advise!
  • khehalka
    Options
    Bah...forget about it! What is done is done! Concentrate on tomorrow. Don't change your calorie intake, just do 10 min more on exercise machine or do another class of aerobics... you'll be back on track. It happens... It is the easiest thing to take in that much calorie in one day, very easy... I think I did double that last weekend...You can do it!