Replies

• fitnotskinnyxo
    fitnotskinnyxo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later
  • lizabear911
    lizabear911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its fine, we all have a day that isn't perfect. We all have momens where we slip up, don't let it affect you, just get back in the flow tomorrow, and dive right in ! As long as you do that you'll be fine! good luck, and if you need more support you can add me lizabear911.

Good luck!
  • You know what, if I really think about it, I bet I have come close to that amount a few times a couple of years ago on vacation. I love wine tasting and good cheese.

Anyhow, I have gone over a few calories myself a couple of days. How I deal i with it is this - tomorrow is a new day, you get a do over. I eat a small but nutritious breakfast such as an oatmeal smoothie with fruit and chia seeds. Snack on fruit and a few almonds, a vegan light lunch and one hour of any type of cardio with a salad with meat dinner. boom, back on track.

Drink some green tea too, it's good for flushing fat.

Hugs and hang tough you can do it!
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    If it were me I wouldn't try to compensate for the calories because if you do you will probably be hungrier the following day and may end up binging again and so on. Don't beat yourself up too much about it, atleast you are aware of how much you have eaten.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've done things like that and still managed to lose a half pound by the end of the week. Just eat a little less or move a little more the other days.

Yeah, sometimes the yummy just sneaks up on you. My downfall was the cheese tray. OMG the cheese tray! Worth it at the time, though. :-)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    6k calories is a lot. But it's not the end of the world. I've done it myself on occasion. Your goals will likely be set back a little if you carry on as normal, but if that doesn't bother you, keep going.

But if I have that much food in one day then I'm typically not hungry the next day, so I don't eat until I am. I still have trouble with people recommending that you eat 2k the next day, you know, just because. That's NOT how the human body functions. It does not need to be fed everyday if you're in a surplus of calories, and especially if you're not genuinely hungry. You won't die if you skip a day of eating. Can't fathom anymore the concept of forcing food down my gullet, regardless of how many calories I had the previous day. So counter intuitive.
  • ThinWhiteDuchess
    ThinWhiteDuchess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Look, it's alright. We're all human. Who knows, maybe your body was starved and in dire need of nutrition. Relish the feeling of a new day tomorrow and forgive yourself. :)