WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Moving the fork to the mouth fewer times.
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. Change your attitude and say tomorrow I will do better and try harder.

This.
  • thenicksters
    thenicksters Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dedication...just keep going!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Set goals not time lines.
  • CassandraEldridge
    CassandraEldridge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF

don't say you only had 1 serving when you had 2....
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Be honest about what you are eating, and that means knowing how many calories. You might not want to eat less but you should at least know what you are eating.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Record/journal all food and exercise - EVERYTHING - good, bad or ugly!
  • PurplePanda428
    Options
    for me the first thing is WATER INTAKE !! DRINK DRINK DRINK :wink:
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    by logging everything, i realized how much more I was eating.
  • cndraycott
    cndraycott Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip? Commit! If you're not ready to work your *kitten* off; if you're not ready to hit the gym 3+ times a week and make healthy nutritional choices, if you've only been doing one and not the other and you're wondering why you haven't been successful, then you NEED to commit to it.

Personal fitness requires 100% dedication. If you can't give it that much then you're not going to succeed.
  • QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't eat carbs and sugar everyday.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Adding more protein to my diet - keeps me satiated and I don't crave carbs as much.
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For me, I don't weigh every time I go into the bathroom and see the scale! In fact, I put my scale in the basement. Weight can fluctuate according to retaining fluids. I get disheartened when I don't see immediate results, or if I go up a couple pounds. Now, I only weigh at the doctor's office. In fact, I go there every couple of weeks just to weigh. The nurses and receptionists are very willing to let me go back there and weigh myself. That way, I usually see positive results. Good luck to you!
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    1. Weigh and measure everything you eat that isn't already premeasured
    2. Log everything little thing you eat
    3. Buy a heart rate monitor to get the best accurate account of the exercise calories you burn per workout
    4. Have a fun exercise DVD at home for those days you can't make it in to the gym or are to lazy to go there.
  • skinnyskl
    skinnyskl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eating for nutrition. Eat the most nutrient dense, low calorie foods you can (green foods, green smoothies, salads) and fill up along with good protein. Feed your body what it needs and you won't be craving junk. Strength train - muscles burn more calories even at rest and muscles take up less space in your body so you look slimmer and high intensity interval training.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Find activities you enjoy - you'll never keep up doing something you begrudge.

Treat every day as a new day. If you have a cheat meal don't compound matters by making it a cheat day.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    KEEP GOING! No matter what. If you have a "bad" day, let it go and start again tomorrow.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Get started. Today.

It's the single most important thing I wish I had done years ago.

In case you already have started:

Modify if you must, but never give up - it's for life.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Do some form of physical activity. Preferrably every day. In the long run, health is more important than weight. Optimally, both are in harmony and we are rewarded with longer, healthier lives.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    KEEP GOING! No matter what. If you have a "bad" day, let it go and start again tomorrow.
    This
    And a Reasonable calorie deficit, not like trying to eat 1200 when more is much more easy to stick to.

Edit: oh! But don't start again the next day! Start again right now, soon as possible. No end, it's just life, and eating is part of it.