WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• pinksmama
    Options
    Portion control.. weighing or measuring out your food really helps you understand how much is plenty of food and how extremely easy it is to overeat. I think it's silly to count out 13 almonds but simple measuring and weighing goes a long way to understanding.

Still enjoy your food, it doesn't need to be reduced to a dirty word or a chore.

Big Picture.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on yourself.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    be willing to do the work because it is hard, hard learning to balance it when you maintain. It is easy to go back to your old ways so you have to be willing and not be lazy. I admire my thin friends who don't have to worry about this but that is not me so I have to do the work. I have to work at seeing why I am emotionally eating, work at counting calories, work at finding filling foods.,exercises, etc etc.
  • pinksmama
    Options
    Don't eat carbs and sugar everyday.

Moderation, not removal.
  • anakaren4564
    Options
    Find a workout partner or weightless partner!
    Someone you can talk to every day, share food and lunch ideas, get motivated with on those days you don't want to workout. Thankfully my sis and i are on this journey together and for the most part when she gets lazy i convince her to come hiking with me, etc.
  • ClaudiaTheNice
    Options
    Eat things you enjoy, but mind portion size.
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    Log every grape you eat. Most of us eat more than we think. Weigh or count everything. It's a pain in the butt, but it works for me.
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Controlled and sensible calorie deficit.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    :noway: If you had only one tip to offer for weight loss, what is your tip and please don't say "eat less." :noway:
    Ditch, bread, rice, beans, chips, tortillas, crackers cereal, granola. and forget about high frutcose corn syrup
  • mshippiequeen
    mshippiequeen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    plan your entire day's meal plan either the night before or first thing in the morning and log it! or write it down. journal it SOMEhow. knowing what your foods throughout the day are in advance gets rid of the improvising where so many of us slip up.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Don't expect major results in a freakin' week.

Be consistent.

Don't be glued to the scale.

Oops, that's three.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Record keeping.

It is easy to get discouraged if you don't lose. Keep records!

What exercise you do each day - log it. What you weigh each weigh -in. How much you lose from week to week. When your ToM impacts things. Your measurements. Anything to see progress beyond pounds on a scale.

Often it feels like nothing is happening when something is. It just isn't fast enough to be noticeable without lots of data.
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    1 tip = EXERCISE

2= Eat healthy...no soda, junk food or desserts. OK maybe once in a great while but it should be a treat not daily occurrence.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Success is never giving up when the going gets tough! Making changes is a lifestyle change and not a diet
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    "Diet" with the most amount of calories possible.
  • Hlschrock1212
    Hlschrock1212 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tracking my intake has produced 1.5lb loss for me this week! Love being accountable to only me and see the graphics that help me tweak my combinations of fat, protein, and carbs! Keep checking your self the first month! Great job just tracking, I love it!
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Be consistent even when you don't feel like you're making progress.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Stay at or slightly below your daily calorie amount and log everything you put in your mouth. Make sure you weigh and measure your food accurately. Do this and you will lose weight.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you like, as long as it fits your calorie goal. Anything. You. Like.