WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    :noway: If you had only one tip to offer for weight loss, what is your tip and please don't say "eat less." :noway:

Less posting, more logging.
  • Jo_Kingly
    Options
    Be honest with yourself logging food. Clean eating makes a huge difference! 90% diet, 10% cardio. ..move ...it doesn't have to be a lot ...Every little bit counts. ...keep your body guessing.
  • DottieLoo
    DottieLoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat more often. Pick healthy foods, but sprinkle your choices with some limited "goodies" too. Like 1 piece of dark chocolate. Eat every 2-3 hours and this includes breakfast lunch & dinner. I do this and sometimes have to force myself to eat cuz I'm so sick of stuffing my face!
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Find an exercise or two that you enjoy and that you can easily/happily incorporate into your life.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    drink your water
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    keep a food diary. It's the best way I know of to really be held accountable for what and how much you put into your body.
  • sjokkebollefeita
    sjokkebollefeita Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Finding a way to actually enjoy working out!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Best tip? I'd say keeping consistency and expect a difficult time mentally. The hardest part is mental problems. Over come that, you can achieve what you want to do.
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It looks like everyone else went the literal route with their answers, so let me go in a slightly different direction: Don't lose the forest for the trees. Seriously, I've seen so many people lose sight of the big picture because they were so focused and caught up in the minute details, they eventually just gave up completely.

Now, does that mean that you should just totally ignore those little details (e.g., macros) altogether and assume they don't matter? No, no, no ... not at all! I'm just suggesting that you try your best to avoid committing ALL of your energy and time on ONLY those details.

Point of Reference: I'm referring specifically to the types of people who freak out whenever they go over their calorie intake by a few calories or go over their fat numbers by a couple of grams. Stop. Breath. It's not the end of the world, I promise you. Just accept it and do better tomorrow. It will even itself out. It really will.
  • GummyBears7779
    GummyBears7779 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Eat more of the right things :)
  • tammcclure
    Options
    Don't be too strict. Allow yourself occasional splurges so you don't get uncontrollable cravings and go nuts the next time someone brings donuts to work! Seriously. Keep track of everything and when you see you have some extra calories because you had a light lunch and dinner was a salad because you were too tired to do more than that, allow yourself that 1/2 cup of low fat ice cream or a chocolate bar or whatever goody you absolutely love. Just count it and move on or you'll never stick to your plan long term because it will feel more like torture than a lifestyle change.
  • itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Weight, measure and log.
    Log every single thing you eat. Learn to love logging your food.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Change mentality.
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That is so funny, think I will try that.
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Watch your sugar intake. That bugger is pure poison. It will make those cravings spiral out of control.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Take it slowly, it's not a sprint but a marathon. Like the old saying goes, slow and steady wins the race.
    Best wishes and good luck.
    V/r,
    DW.
  • TylerAvenger
    Options
    Starting is the hardest part. Just do it.
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    cut off foot
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Log Food,. Also Consider it a lifestyle change not a DIET.
  • fblanco2891
    fblanco2891 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    log everything you put in your mouth-stay with in your calories workout-and drink water-:smile:

Try to measure your results in all ways possible, weight, body measurements, and body fat %