WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You say don't say "eat less". So how about: Consume a reduced amount of calories. That's what it boils down to!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Okay, my second biggest:

Accept: Simple isn't easy.

We all know: calorie deficit (that's not debatable!)

What is harder: How to achieve a calorie deficit when you've spent most of your life in calorie surplus!
  • childofbodom123
    childofbodom123 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Though it will sound very silly ... Green tea! .. It worked wonders for me, it suppresses hunger ("hunger...after all the calories are gone) also a natural fat burner and it tastes very sweet so you can trick yourself into thinking it is sugary! Also, 0.1 calories per cup!
  • mawmonamission
    mawmonamission Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip... to remove the word CAN'T from your vocabulary. I also have to constantly tell myself "no excuses". IF you're a writer, create a blog and keep up with everything you do, list your goals, write about your feelings, etc. I do it and it's a great help! fat2fitmama.blogger.com
  • yumbinkbugonrox
    yumbinkbugonrox Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Be patient with yourself. It can be a long process.
  • Brett_Mason
    Brett_Mason Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cut the carbs for breakfast. Its amazing what loading up on mostly protein in the morning will do as opposed to carbs. You will feel better, be less hungry and the rest of the day is much more manageable.
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself (LOG IT!) :)
  • bgarganera
    Options
    IIFYM
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Make it not about losing weight but changing your lifestyle and philosophies. Choose exercises that you LOVE and are so excited to do, and make an effort each and every day.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Don't quit.

I can't tell you how many times I've screwed up along the way. Every major mistake you make, just use it as an opportunity to learn about yourself and your habits, then pick yourself up and keep going!
  • cuddlechimp12
    cuddlechimp12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    DON'T EAT THESE EVERYDAY - soda, cookies, candy, cakes, pre made bars(terrible for you) sugar turns into fat
    DO EAT THESE EVERYDAY - water, natural juice, fruit, veggies, chicken, lean steak, low fat foods
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Follow progam
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Log before you eat, even if it's only the moment before -- it will make you think twice
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Make small changes that you can live with permanently. They're usually enough to make all the difference.

Also... be patient with yourself while losing!
  • fitnessbabe90
    Options
    Avoid bad carbs. Eat healthy nutritious food and exercise.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure.
    THIS^
  • drmarctagon
    drmarctagon Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Make small changes that you can live with permanently. They're usually enough to make all the difference.

Also... be patient with yourself while losing!

@UpEarly stole the words right out of my mouth!

I was going to say both of those things...
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs.
    Try 16/8 fasting for yourself before dismissing it.
    Be open-minded.
    Find an exercise you love.
    Love yourself!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Measure food
    Plan out the meals the day before so you know what your daily goal is and can plan if something changes
    Mild calorie deficit
    Resistance training
    and move your *kitten*.

and lastly it's 75% in your head.
  • gevaisa
    gevaisa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    small changes! don't ever think you can completely change in one day, that just sets you up for failure.