WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• YesJessYes
    YesJessYes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different so find what works best for you that you can do for the rest of your life.

For me it's counting calories, eating very low carbs, and working out at minimum 3x a week with cardio and weights. If the workouts go, the weight comes right back.
  • Mrsjlricho
    Options
    Eat less move more
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Log!

Log log log log log.

Even if you can't bear to log calories, still, log.

Second place: don't just eat less, eat more. MOAR VEG. And more protein, definitely a help too; for me, more veg is the big thing. If I stuck with a diet centred round carbs and fat and tried to just eat less, there's no way on earth I could stick to it. You want to be full. Your body wants those vitamins, fibre and water. Win win.
  • jinjin888
    jinjin888 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would say that "commitment" is the biggest tip for weight loss. :smile:
  • Kittie_Cat_89
    Kittie_Cat_89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There's many good things come out in this thread, and yes many people are right to say a calorie deficit as this is technically right.

My best advice for mentally/emotionally maintaining a long term healthy eating plan is not obsess about food! If you're thinking about it, in any way shape or form, you will want it. I have had a busy morning at work which has distracted me nicely and by the end of my lunch I have only 500 calories so far today.

Hobbies, exercise, work will help distract you and make it much easier not control/curb your eating habits

Good luck! :)
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Lots of veggies, fruit, lean protein, water and less sodium. Weigh and log your food. Find a workout routine you will actually do.
  • hihoward
    hihoward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Living by the pacific Ocean makes it easy to burn lots of calories, also have 2 sets of dumbbells. I bought them from Sports Authority for cheap. We all have the caloric total right. With exercise, burning the extra calories added to our total through exercise is a good thing.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    eat nothing but bacon
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Think about what the person you would like to be does on a daily basis (what he/she eats, how he/she works out, etc.) and then do that--starting now. So with this approach, you're not thinking of who you will become. You are healthier the minute you start. Eventually you just morph into that person you want to become by living like they would...or at least I am.
  • palomino698
    palomino698 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Weighing my food has been the biggest eye-opener for me, at the start of what might be a long haul. I didn't know that my idea of a portion was often so much bigger than it should have been - not so much with proteins but having a bowl of cereal, for example, I would routinely fill the bowl and that actually meant three or four portions rather than one!

Also accurately logging EVERYTHING I eat (the app is so useful there). Leaving it until the end of the day makes it easy to forget the bag of sweets shared round at work, that drink or piece of fruit.

if you're inclined to absent-mindedly grab a biscuit, handful of nuts or piece of fruit between meals, just don't have them available.
  • ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When all else fails meet your calorie goal to maintain weight and strength train. Mood swings, headaches, guilt trips, binge days. Pump some iron and meet your goal. Add on from there
  • WinterWait
    Options
    Tracking. Bite it, write it. You are only cheating on your own success when you aren't being honest with your "Dear Diary" entries. Good Luck on your weight loss journey!
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    1. Eat in a calorie deficit
    2. Log everything. I don't care what you eat, but your body will react to it whether you log it or not.
    3. Don't focus on weight loss, but look at body comp as well
  • slimmalikah
    slimmalikah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    when you go home...don't put on your biggest sweats. As a girl I put on my skinny jeans and watch my gut hangover.....nothing kills an urge to snack like a gut hanging over the waistline.

stay positive. It's what you do a majority of the time that counts!

Have to try this!! I know it'll work!!
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bump again! Brilliant thread.
  • vvendy_darling
    Options
    eat more (so many people eat too little)
  • Slim_strategy
    Options
    Correct portions
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Eat clean (no processed food).
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    When you decide to have something high calorie, don't go crazy and throw out the whole day. If you really want a burger, don't get fries too (but if you must have a few, ask someone to split them with you ahead if time). If the meal comes with an unhealthy side, ask to substitute, even if it costs a bit more. Use this principle when planning by our own meals too. If you are having barbecued ribs, have them with brown rice, and grilled veggies.
  • linstapler
    linstapler Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    love yourself so much that you only want the best for your body