WHAT'S YOUR BIGGEST TIP FOR WEIGHT LOSS

Options

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    :noway: If you had only one tip to offer for weight loss, what is your tip and please don't say "eat less." :noway:

also, if you wanted to lose weight without eating less, I suggest a 2 week trip to Bangladesh and eat where the locals eat. That should do the trick.
  • bitterpeaches
    Options
    - When you feel hungry or feel the urge to reach for a snack, drink some water first. Most of the time you're just thirsty. And then if you're still hungry, eat the snack.
    - Park far. You're going to mall? Grocery store? Company? Save gas and just park further than normal and walk.
    - Fidget. I like putting music on when I wash the dishes or brush my teeth because it gets me moving.
  • s2481
    s2481 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find that the simpler my meals are the better I do. If I try to go with a protein, vegetable, carb, etc.... rather than making a big dish with a million things in it. Easier to track too.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    not drinking calories
    otherwise stated
    drinking more water (taking body weight in pounds, divide by two, drinking that number of ounces of water per day. Example 260/2=130 ounces which is just over 16 8oz glasses per day. Or until your urine is VERY light)
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you haven't started moving yet, take the stairs at work, great way to get going!
  • mm3212
    mm3212 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy and get into the gym!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Dieting is a sacrifice - choose one that easiers to handle. Whether that's a food restriction sacrifice or a calorie restriction - when you are still hungry sacrifice.

My personal option is low carb, high fat and medium protein.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    - Weigh and log EVERYTHING - including fruit, cooking oil, herbs, spices, drinks
    - Be HONEST
    - If you go over on your calories one day, forget about it and MOVE ON. Make up for the excess over the week
    - Keep on track
    - Allow yourself treats
    - calorie deficit
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself why you want to eat more when you've already had enough to eat (calorie-wise). Is it because the food you ate earlier in the day wasn't filling? Is it because you're bored? Is it because you exercised hard? Is it because you're depressed? So much of eating is an emotional response loop without an end unless you ask yourself why you're doing it. Once you know why, you can break the cycle.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    bump
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Never eat out of the package.

Get a bowl or portion it out first. :flowerforyou:
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Its not just about calorie deficit... its about that AND making sure you chose foods that will help you lose weights. Lean protein, veggies, fruit, etc. And be patient!
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Make time for meal planning, before you go to the grocery store!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Log everything and do it honestly. Nothing tastes as good as looking good feels......
  • njjtheriault
    njjtheriault Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Use MFP and burn more calories than you eat.
  • piscesjh
    piscesjh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok but thats the only way U can lose is to eat less and work out more--simple things like walking---etc
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead to succeed.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Expect it to be hard.

Changing habits is hard work. It isn't going to happen overnight. You're going to fail. So, if it isn't hard work, it probably isn't going to work!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Sorry, there is only one secret (generally) to weight loss - CALORIE DEFICIT! Eat better, move more.
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of most carbs is the only trick that worked for me. 52 pounds long gone :)

15867205.png