Options
    Make up your mind.
  • buildabetterbody66
    Options
    burn more than you eat
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of what you like - everything in moderation is the key :smile:
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Write down everything you eat everyday.
  • lyricsmamma6469
    lyricsmamma6469 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything!! Weighing my food has definitly taught me the most about portion control and portion sizes.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Be CONSISTENT!!!!!

I actually have co workers that will by a workout series and do it once or twice and stop. You have to stick with it (food and exercise)
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Eat less - move more

Watch your P
    Protein
    portion
    processed
  • burgjewels
    burgjewels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really get into health cooking! I love vegetarian slow cooker recipes! I can make an amazing chickpea curry stew with light coconut milk for 169 calories a serving! It is wonderful. Also..you can make an egg white veggie scramble and a turkey sausage your 100 calorie breakfast. I definitely play around to find the most filling, low calorie and healthy food. I don't feel deprived in the least! Use chicken, turkey, egg whites, and veggies whenever possible and stay away from white rice and white bread. I eat sweet potatoes and turnips to satisfy my carb cravings! Check out the oh my veggies website. They have awesome recipes that are super filling and low cal. You can do it!!
  • amylouisechambers
    amylouisechambers Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    blend veg (mainly greens) with a few pieces of fruit and drink 1 or 2 of those a day instead of a meal :)
  • JusJay44
    JusJay44 Posts: 59
    Options
    Behonest with yourself in your Nutrtion and workout consistency .. understand the it takes 6 months to build a Roll Royce and a day or so to build a Toyota ;)
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Small sustainable changes! I've kept the weight off for about 7 years now so it does work.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Patience.
  • angieteaguekearns
    angieteaguekearns Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything until you are confident enough to eyeball it. I feel most people underestimate what they eat.
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    "don't say eat less"?

Ok..so my tips are:
    Instead of having the usual x amount of biscuits with your tea.. have 1 or 2. Reduce everything else you eat accordingly.
    Test yourself with self control. Try fasting for a certain period, stick to it (it will help you realise you won't die if you miss a meal or three)
    Don't finish your diary entry until you have stopped eating for the day!
    Snack on fruit and (weighed) handfuls of nuts instead of junk.
    Weigh everything correctly, never guess!
    Eat lots of vegetables.
    Stick to it... It will work! ;-)
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Give me your little dog and I'll tell you! Haha.

Best tip....hmmmm.

I would say to be completely honest with yourself about your food intake and to please EXERCISE. Those are the top two things I'd suggest.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Totally second the never give up tip! Even if you're not making huge amounts of progress if you're checking in somewhere, like here, or even thinking about checking in somewhere (LOL) you're at least semi-conscious of your goals and aspirations. I gave up in 2013 (in my case that meant quitting Weight Watchers) and immediately started gaining. I need to be accountable.
  • lunula71
    lunula71 Posts: 13
    Options
    Stop making excuses!
  • Jewlos_2000
    Options
    Decreasing daily sugar intake to no more than 15-20g per day