30 day shredders...starting Monday!

Options

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I thought I died twice during level 2 LOL those jumping jacks with the twist about knocked me over! I do have to say I liked level 1 way better. Some of the things on level 2 I can't do for long so I have to run in place once I can't do any more. I burnt less calories on D1L2. This morning I burnt more but I also tried out every move instead of standing there with my mouth open going I can't do that lol. I guess my tip of the day is push through it I have a lot of weight on me and I was able to do it. I am hoping by day 10 of level 2 I can do everything all the way through.

Wonder what's in store on level 3 LOL! :noway:

Hahahaha you and me both darlin' ... you and me both. Yesterday was insane and my lower back hurts a tad today but I am going to throw on a Salon Pas patch and move forward. I decided while I am doing 30DS at home I am only going in to the gym to do Cardio (M/W/F) since we get strength training with the shred. I don't even want to PEEK at Level 3 ... I'm scured !
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Karen - Sooo true about the knees and Level 2! I was thinking this morning how I was going to ask if anyone else was feeling Level 2 in their knees and ankles. . .

Yeah, I think it's a really tough workout between the high knees and the 180 oblique twists, to the jumping jack planks (and all the jumpy plank stuff really) ... Tonight I am bracing both my right knee and ankle. I had a hard time last night and my right ankle wanted to give out on me but I pushed through. NO soreness in either area today tough, which is good. The only soreness is in my lower back but that's nothing a little Salon Pas patch can't cure.

As I go into Day 2 of Level 2 (tonight) I am looking forward to doing more of the actual exercise rather then watching. My challenge is that my tv is mounted high on the wall so I have to watch the move before I can do it. Hopefully as day 3 and 4 comes and goes I will no longer have to watch (like with Level 1).
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 2 Level 2 done! 12 days in all

D2 10/01 - 170.4
    Heart Rate Max:152
    Heart Rate Avg:130
    Calories Burned:207

Basically used the 3lb weights for everything except the ab exercise where I used 5lb weights

I want to note the following about my chest strap: When I am doing the 30DS whenever I go into a plank position the contacts separate slightly from my chest and the HR reading is inaccurate. What does this mean? Well first of all it MAY mean that all my HR for level 1 are inaccurate, but there is nothing I can do about that now. Secondly I may have actually burned MORE calories then I was thinking I burned. Lastly, it means that when I do the shreds, or any of these DVD's I am going to have to tighten the strap so it doesn't lose contact. My 205 calorie estimate yesterday was probably more accurate then I imagined. I am going to go to big 5 tomorrow and see if they have goo for that
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Level 2 done! 12 days in all

D2 10/01 - 170.4
    Heart Rate Max:152
    Heart Rate Avg:130
    Calories Burned:207

Basically used the 3lb weights for everything except the ab exercise where I used 5lb weights

I want to note the following about my chest strap: When I am doing the 30DS whenever I go into a plank position the contacts separate slightly from my chest and the HR reading is inaccurate. What does this mean? Well first of all it MAY mean that all my HR for level 1 are inaccurate, but there is nothing I can do about that now. Secondly I may have actually burned MORE calories then I was thinking I burned. Lastly, it means that when I do the shreds, or any of these DVD's I am going to have to tighten the strap so it doesn't lose contact. My 205 calorie estimate yesterday was probably more accurate then I imagined. I am going to go to big 5 tomorrow and see if they have goo for that

Karen - every time I do planks my HRM zero's out too. It's as tight as it goes. It's just the position. Another reason why I stopped doing level 2 (besides the knee pain).
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Being a UK citizen, Jillian Michaels meant nothing to me until I joined this site!!!! My copy of 30 shred came this morning and before I could get hold of it, my daughter was asking to open the parcel. I said "On one condition, you have to participate." She agreed, not knowing what was inside!!!!!! She's only 13, but will be my 'trainer'. I am very unfit (though I do walk a lot and swim) so I may be on Level 1 for some time!!!! I haven't even open the dvd yet, bit scared!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, I'll have a go and join you all this month...See how I do!!!!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Karen - every time I do planks my HRM zero's out too. It's as tight as it goes. It's just the position. Another reason why I stopped doing level 2 (besides the knee pain).

Robin ... good to know! I thought I was the only one! So what are you doing then? Just level 1 or?
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Being a UK citizen, Jillian Michaels meant nothing to me until I joined this site!!!! My copy of 30 shred came this morning and before I could get hold of it, my daughter was asking to open the parcel. I said "On one condition, you have to participate." She agreed, not knowing what was inside!!!!!! She's only 13, but will be my 'trainer'. I am very unfit (though I do walk a lot and swim) so I may be on Level 1 for some time!!!! I haven't even open the dvd yet, bit scared!!!!!!!!

Just take it slow, do the modified moves and do the best you can :) You and your 13 year old will ROCK IT!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

Just take it slow, do the modified moves and do the best you can :) You and your 13 year old will ROCK IT!

I watched the dvd, 4 times faster than normal... Oh so scary!!!! I will take it slow and learn to enjoy it!!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 3 L2 under my belt, 13 days total. I just wanted to note that again I had issues with the chest strap. I am going to get conductive gel for it ... so this is a guestimate ... The max HR is probably not right, as the avg is probably not correct either.

D2 10/02 - 170.4
    Heart Rate Max: 186 (again HRM disconnected during planks, buying conductive gel)
    Heart Rate Avg:121
    Calories Burned: 207

3lb weights for everything except the ab exercise and the hammer curls where I used 5lb weights
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    oops ... that should have read D3 not D2 (obviously I am copying and pasting entries LOL)

btw ... am I the only insane person still doing this? ;)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Robin ... good to know! I thought I was the only one! So what are you doing then? Just level 1 or?

I actually took a few days off.
    Well, Wednesday I used my recumbent bike, Thursday I rested, Friday I ran 5K, Yesterday I was so tired and slept on the couch all afternoon after work and "forgot" to exercise.:ohwell:
    I haven't turned on Shred since Tuesday.
    But my knee feels better, even after running 5K, so it was definitely evil level 2 that did it. I will continue to do level 1 every other day or so because I like it, but I missed running too much to do shred every day because then I don't have time to run...

I work 8-10 hour days plus all the dishes and laundry and grocery shopping, etc.
    My Sunday off is really the only time I have to spend with my ten year old other than "do your homework" and "come eat dinner"...
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I've taken a few days off. I'm hoping that it is enough to get me going again. Level 2 was hurting my legs a bit, hopefully I'll get back on it this afternoon and rock out day 18. Enjoy your weekend all :)
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Level 2 is a bear on the knees it really is. I think for some of the stuff I am just going to do regular jumping jacks. Those plank jacks SUCK!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I work 8-10 hour days plus all the dishes and laundry and grocery shopping, etc.
    My Sunday off is really the only time I have to spend with my ten year old other than "do your homework" and "come eat dinner"...

Yeah I hear you on all of that. You work out like a monster so of course you should take rest time haha. I just felt like I was spamming this thread ;) heh.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    D4 10/03 - 170.4
    Heart Rate Max:154
    Heart Rate Avg:124
    Calories Burned:210

Okay so the HRM stopped AGAIN. I suspect that I am actually buring MORE calories then reported. It actually took me 38 minutes to do this as I kept pausing the dvd to get my HRM to work. ON ALL THE PLANKS EXCEPT THE WALKING AND THE TWIST AT THE END I DID JUMPING JACKS this gave me a better reading. I am doing two things tomorrow a) ordering the conductor gel and b) CALLING POLAR

3lb weights for everything except the ab exercise and the hammer curls where I used 5lb weights. PERSONAL MODIFICATION DID JUMPING JACKS IN PLACE OF PLANK JACKS and JUMPS EASIER ON MY KNEES
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    D4 10/03 - 170.4
    Heart Rate Max:154
    Heart Rate Avg:124
    Calories Burned:210

Okay so the HRM stopped AGAIN. I suspect that I am actually buring MORE calories then reported. It actually took me 38 minutes to do this as I kept pausing the dvd to get my HRM to work. ON ALL THE PLANKS EXCEPT THE WALKING AND THE TWIST AT THE END I DID JUMPING JACKS this gave me a better reading. I am doing two things tomorrow a) ordering the conductor gel and b) CALLING POLAR

3lb weights for everything except the ab exercise and the hammer curls where I used 5lb weights. PERSONAL MODIFICATION DID JUMPING JACKS IN PLACE OF PLANK JACKS and JUMPS EASIER ON MY KNEES

Doing Day 5 of L2 today
    I hear you with doing jumping jacks instead of some of the moves. Some things are tough to do. I found that I am burning way less with level 2. Level 1 I was pretty much on track everyday with calories burned. I hope level 3 doesnt suck!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    HEY LADIES! Happy Monday! I had a super busy family weekend:smile: but I'm back now and am on D2 of L2. Feeling great and it was nice to switch up my workout's. I'm in serious toning mode now and am excited to see the difference at the end of the month although I'm already seeing it in my ab's. I can't believe my journey is almost over and can't wait to get into maintence mode!:bigsmile: I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I sure did! Keep up the hard work my friends!!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have not done Shred since Friday. I am planning on restarting level 2 because I missed Saturday and Sunday. I am not sure if I will be doing it today but deff. tomorrow.

Have a great Monda!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 5 level 2 in the books. I am getting conductor gel on Wednesday so I will use that and do all the planks and such on Wednesday. For whatever reason this is the ONLY time my HRM bugs out otherwise it works like a charm. Same stats due to HRM chest strap issue.
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in for a few days. . .

Saturday I did D7 L2 for 17 days done! Then, I got sick and didn't work out any on Sunday or Monday. So, fingers-crossed I can start back up this evening. I was really hoping to finish my 30 days on October 15, but this will push me back to October 17 if I don't skip any more days.

So glad to see how dedicated some of you are! Hopefully I'm back to finish this thing out!