30 day shredders...starting Monday!

Options

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I took wednesday off - wasn't planning on it but my calves are SOOO tight! I can barely walk without shuffling haha :laugh: But I sucked it up today and just did it. I was surprised at how much better I able to keep up! Maybe because I knew the punishment ends eventually :wink: really loving how I feel after I'm finished. :) Its been a while since I've been proud of myself.:bigsmile:

Inspired by you all! Keep it up!

Good for you! You should be proud of yourself:flowerforyou:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Seriously interesting. I am going to also see if it makes a difference Sunday after going out and not doing my "normal" gym routine before working the 30DS ... That will be Day 8 ... This whole process is fascinating and being able to "see" myself getting more conditioned via HRM is insane.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    sjyates - good for you for getting up early and making up day 3! :happy: Did you do day 4 tonight?

Robin - Unfortunately I didn't make up that day last night. :grumble: Instead my in-laws came to town and took us out to eat which didn't help any, but I'm glad I got up and at least got one in for the day.

So, I got up again this morning and completed Day 10 of Level 1, so I'll start Level 2 tomorrow! I had two off days during Level 1, so I plan (fingers-crossed) to push through with no off days during Level 2.

I loooove reporting to you all. . .it really is keeping me motivated! Thanks everyone!!

The way I see it, you deserve a little dinner treat for working your butt off and doing the shred consistantly (regardless if you took 2 days off or not) you did 10days on level one. . .That's a great accomplishment! Good luck on Level 2!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Holy flippin' plank bombs!! :noway: Jillian is trying to kill me!! :laugh: But I'm 11 days in total and day 1 level 2 in the books..:drinker: I could do some of the plank moves due to lack of traction on my floor so I just held the plank move itself. All in all, great workout, I was literally dripping sweat onto the floor. :drinker: Now, lunch time :)
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Seriously interesting. I am going to also see if it makes a difference Sunday after going out and not doing my "normal" gym routine before working the 30DS ... That will be Day 8 ... This whole process is fascinating and being able to "see" myself getting more conditioned via HRM is insane.

It's very neat, you can tell your body is adjusting and getting use to it. I'm excited to see your results for Sunday!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Holy flippin' plank bombs!! :noway: Jillian is trying to kill me!! :laugh: But I'm 11 days in total and day 1 level 2 in the books..:drinker: I could do some of the plank moves due to lack of traction on my floor so I just held the plank move itself. All in all, great workout, I was literally dripping sweat onto the floor. :drinker: Now, lunch time :)

Whoooo hooooo, GREAT JOB!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    sjyates - good for you for getting up early and making up day 3! :happy: Did you do day 4 tonight?

Positively_Me, I was just going to say the same thing...I am LESS sore today after doing day 4 than I was yesterday!

I guess we're getting used to it? I pretty much have it memorized now, and muted the TV and cranked background music. It seemed to go by faster, and I hit the cardio parts WAY harder because of the upbeat music. I plan on doing the rest of level one that way now. I'll have to listen to level 2 for the first 2 or 3 times before being able to go muted though.

Robin, I was thinking of putting Jillian on mute too because she is begining to annoy me by just talking. Thanks for the idea :)

Happy shredding!

If you have the DVD you can turn her off and work out to the music only ... however I think I may just mute her and work out to my music hehe

That's what I do. . . listen to my own music, I have a playlist on my ipod I listen to full of motivating, make you feel sexy "workout songs"! Makes ity alot more fun!
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Robin - Unfortunately I didn't make up that day last night. :grumble: Instead my in-laws came to town and took us out to eat which didn't help any, but I'm glad I got up and at least got one in for the day.

So, I got up again this morning and completed Day 10 of Level 1, so I'll start Level 2 tomorrow! I had two off days during Level 1, so I plan (fingers-crossed) to push through with no off days during Level 2.

I loooove reporting to you all. . .it really is keeping me motivated! Thanks everyone!!

The way I see it, you deserve a little dinner treat for working your butt off and doing the shred consistantly (regardless if you took 2 days off or not) you did 10days on level one. . .That's a great accomplishment! Good luck on Level 2!!

Thanks Deanna!!!
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Day 10 of Level One done this morning. I will start Level 2 on Monday, wish me luck.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    day 5 ,level one, completed...feeling good, no more soreness :)

I have a question..

when you girls start level 2 do you combine it with level one or just do level 2? I have about 5 more day in level one but I was curious before I started level 2.

Thanks in advance,

Happy shredding!

Have a great weekend!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    So today I finished my 2nd day of level 3. I'm a little disappointed because I didn't burn as many calories as I did in level 2. I don't even think I burned as many calories as I did the first time I did level 3. But its really weird because I was sweating like crazy, but my hrm didn't reflect that. But that's not going to make me stop doing it.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    So today I finished my 2nd day of level 3. I'm a little disappointed because I didn't burn as many calories as I did in level 2. I don't even think I burned as many calories as I did the first time I did level 3. But its really weird because I was sweating like crazy, but my hrm didn't reflect that. But that's not going to make me stop doing it.

It's because you are getting more and more in condition :) it's a good thing but that just means you have to step it up and go extra hard :) Good work. How is level 3?
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I did what I set out to do this morning... got up did L130DS - went for a run for 40 mins - too a 10 minute break then I did my "make-up" for yesterday. Suprisingly invigorating. The most difficult part is the shoulder press for me... after my run I did half and then just did the squats.

Thank you to all for the mute suggestion.... I was getting sick of their "music" -- and could see myself giving a whole lot more with some BOOM BOOM POW in the background instead!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Sara I have the same issue with the shoulder presses ... man they KILL me. Tonight is Cardio for me 1 hour then ab work then store then home to do the shred ... gonna fire up some techno :)
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    needs to get off this computer and do L1 D5 ...the couch is so comfy though :laugh:

it will still be here when im done

hoping to have a good loss next week

hope jillian does not disappoint me

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :flowerforyou:
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
    I just have started on ... Thursday! Haha. So, today it was my second day! I like her workout! It is challenging and fast. In my case it is one of the most important perspectives! So, today I did 30 minutes of cardio then the shred. Feeling good!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    It's because you are getting more and more in condition :) it's a good thing but that just means you have to step it up and go extra hard :) Good work. How is level 3?

thank you, that's a very good explaination. I never thought of it that way. I like level 3 because it has a lot of plyometric moves in it. The abs segments are killer too! She doesn't use the handweights that much, most of it is using your own body weight for strength.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    okay so I didn't do it last night for 2 reasons:

Main = my knees were hurting and I couldn't fathom doing jumping jacks or butt kicks LOL

2nd = I am doing a little experiment on HR and calories burned this morning. Since I only have done this after a vigorous cardio exercise I am curious how I burn "cold" ... check back for details :)

EDIT: Okay ... so here's the skinny (hehe) ..

D6A 9/25 - same weight (note: doing 2 circuits today as I didn't do it last night due to knees) Done first thing AM without other exercise prior
    Heart Rate Max: 149
    Heart Rate Avg: 125
    Calories Burned: 191
    3lb dumb bells used on the squat / shoulder press ONLY otherwise upped to 5lb on the rest of weighted strength training.

I am doing 1 more circuit of this when I get back from the gym (cardio and legs today) ... will report back differences.

Again, if anyone is interested the blog post is here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KarenBorter/view/30-day-shred-ongoing-41985
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Great job ladies!! Keep up the hard work, dropping in for a minut to say hi! Day 6 is in the books and I'm gonna get a nice workout later today with my hubby! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend, check back in manana or Monday!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ceredonia
    Options
    Took yesterday off, I was supposed to do the last day of Level 1. I think I'm going to start with Level 2 tonight instead of doing that last day--Level 1 barely seems to be affecting me, outside of the regular sweating.

I also picked up No More Trouble Zones and am going to incorporate it a couple days a week, probably Tues/Thurs. Maybe it'll help. :D