30 day shredders...starting Monday!

Options

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Day 4 is in the books ... I have also started a blog about this particular journey. I am tracking heart rate and calories burned as well as measurements.

Blog can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KarenBorter/view/30-day-shred-ongoing-41985

Not sure if you can see if you aren't my friend here. If you can't shoot me an add request
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am a little late on getting started but I would love to join. Jillian Gets me so motivated. I tried to start the Insanity program and I just got to sore and too sick. I am not yet ready for something that extreme. But I can keep up with Jillian pretty well. I will begin first thing in the morning, My starting weight is currently 215 pounds. I will measure tomorrow and post that as well. If anyone would like and noone else is already doing it I will keep a spread sheet of where we started (weight only) and our progress as we go along. Just let me know, please. Thanks everyone and I look forward to getting shredded with you all. Good luck
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm just mixing 30 shred in with another workout but today was the third day in a row and I'm exhausted. The good news is I can do 12 REGULAR pushups (just the first set, have to go to the knees for the second set)!!! I really need to get my upper strenght built up.
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sooo, I got lazy last night and didn't do the workout. Just makes me mad at myself. So, today I got up and did Level 1 and counting it as yesterday's workout at Day 9 and I plan to do it again tonight for Day 10, so I can still start Level 2 tomorrow.

My accomplishment for today was I bumped up to 5 lb weights for the second strength set and then for the chest flys. I wasn't brave enough to use anything above my 3 lbs for the other strength moves though. . .maybe someday. I was sweating more by doing this and I feel like I really got after it this morning. . .too bad that doesn't make up for being lazy yesterday. I'm thinking I really just need to get up in the mornings, but with my baby that usually depends on how many times I got up in the middle of the night.

Sooo glad we have this thread to report to or I probably wouldn't have gotten up this morning to make up for yesterday!
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Way too many people excited about this to ignore. So I tried part 1 this morning (Frontier on-demand has it). I like the idea of alternating cardio with strenght training. The only drawback - most of the cardio is high-impact and my knees are shot. I had to come up with my own low-impact alternatives to jumping jacks, jogging in place and 'butt kicks'..

I'll definitely do it again. It's a nice alternative to the treadmill.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Day 10 is long gone :drinker: ...which means I will attempt level 2 tomorrow.. :indifferent: Hope you all are having a successful week! :heart: Bru
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Day 4 (level one) completed! I am in less pain today than I was yesterday...Thanks GOD!

Have a great, shredding, day!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    sjyates - good for you for getting up early and making up day 3! :happy: Did you do day 4 tonight?

Positively_Me, I was just going to say the same thing...I am LESS sore today after doing day 4 than I was yesterday!

I guess we're getting used to it? I pretty much have it memorized now, and muted the TV and cranked background music. It seemed to go by faster, and I hit the cardio parts WAY harder because of the upbeat music. I plan on doing the rest of level one that way now. I'll have to listen to level 2 for the first 2 or 3 times before being able to go muted though.
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Day 9 in the books ;) I think I sweated more today than any of the others because I find myself pushing harder, going lower, and digging a little deeper. Feels great!! Tomorrow is level 1 and then Friday I will attempt level 2 :)

Keep up the great work all!!

BrunetteWife - We are on the same day. I will do Day 9 tonight, 10 tomorrow and attempt Level 2 on Friday. Are you taking any rest days? I have taken one so far, but I can't decide if I am going to take one each 10 days (so 11 days to finish a level) or not. . .what are your thoughts?

I am curious about this as well

Deanna, are you planning to rifle thru or take a rest day between levels? That would put us at ~ 10/22 for final if we are doing a day between?

I'm gonna try to go all the way through, but I'm thinking I might just skip a day. I don't know , I may fall behind this weekend simply because all 5 of my kids are leaving this weekend and my hubby and I have a date night Friday and a dinner party Saturday. So I may have to skip Saturday and make up for it by going twice Sunday. Inbetween levels I'll probably just try to tough it out and move straight on. How about you all?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Day 10 is long gone :drinker: ...which means I will attempt level 2 tomorrow.. :indifferent: Hope you all are having a successful week! :heart: Bru

Ooooooh good luck girl! Keep up the hard work!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I guess we're getting used to it? I pretty much have it memorized now, and muted the TV and cranked background music. It seemed to go by faster, and I hit the cardio parts WAY harder because of the upbeat music. I

That is soooo me. I push harder with music on. It motivates the heck out of me!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    BOOYA! Day 5 in the books ... again if you are interested in seeing progress etc re: heart rate/calories burned/measurements I have a blog going

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KarenBorter/view/30-day-shred-ongoing-41985
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I missed today because I had to meet a client early in the morning. I did get in my lunchtime and evening workouts so I am not going to beat myself up over it too much. I will try to do it twice tomorrow -- just because.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I guess we're getting used to it? I pretty much have it memorized now, and muted the TV and cranked background music. It seemed to go by faster, and I hit the cardio parts WAY harder because of the upbeat music. I

That is soooo me. I push harder with music on. It motivates the heck out of me!

I am going to have to try this ... I love listening to Paul Van Dyk when I do cardio so I will try that tomorrow night :)
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I took wednesday off - wasn't planning on it but my calves are SOOO tight! I can barely walk without shuffling haha :laugh: But I sucked it up today and just did it. I was surprised at how much better I able to keep up! Maybe because I knew the punishment ends eventually :wink: really loving how I feel after I'm finished. :) Its been a while since I've been proud of myself.:bigsmile:

Inspired by you all! Keep it up!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    sjyates - good for you for getting up early and making up day 3! :happy: Did you do day 4 tonight?

Positively_Me, I was just going to say the same thing...I am LESS sore today after doing day 4 than I was yesterday!

I guess we're getting used to it? I pretty much have it memorized now, and muted the TV and cranked background music. It seemed to go by faster, and I hit the cardio parts WAY harder because of the upbeat music. I plan on doing the rest of level one that way now. I'll have to listen to level 2 for the first 2 or 3 times before being able to go muted though.

Robin, I was thinking of putting Jillian on mute too because she is begining to annoy me by just talking. Thanks for the idea :)

Happy shredding!
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Robin - Unfortunately I didn't make up that day last night. :grumble: Instead my in-laws came to town and took us out to eat which didn't help any, but I'm glad I got up and at least got one in for the day.

So, I got up again this morning and completed Day 10 of Level 1, so I'll start Level 2 tomorrow! I had two off days during Level 1, so I plan (fingers-crossed) to push through with no off days during Level 2.

I loooove reporting to you all. . .it really is keeping me motivated! Thanks everyone!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options

Robin, I was thinking of putting Jillian on mute too because she is begining to annoy me by just talking. Thanks for the idea :)

Happy shredding!

If you have the DVD you can turn her off and work out to the music only ... however I think I may just mute her and work out to my music hehe
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    BOOYA! Day 5 in the books ... again if you are interested in seeing progress etc re: heart rate/calories burned/measurements I have a blog going

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/KarenBorter/view/30-day-shred-ongoing-41985

You go girl. Just checked out your blog, I'm going to keep up with it, calories burned are very interesting too. :smile:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I missed today because I had to meet a client early in the morning. I did get in my lunchtime and evening workouts so I am not going to beat myself up over it too much. I will try to do it twice tomorrow -- just because.

Good for you, were all going to miss a day here and there, then the next day I do the same thing- just do it twice and even if you can't do it twice oh well. Keep up the hard work!