30 day shredders...starting Monday!

Options

Replies

• xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I have my schedule done as far as when to switch. Tonight will be day 3 for me, since I started on Sunday (before I knew about this thread) ... I guess our official "end date" is October 19th?

Yes on the 19th we will do our final session of pahse 3 where we will then re-measure :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

wo0t thanks for the confirmation. I have the dates planted in my Blackberry!

Your welcome :happy:
  • mamabearr
    Options
    I'm just started 30DS a week ago, so I'm in. My SW was 152lbs. Today I'm 148lbs. Give or take a few oz. (:
    Starting measurements as of last week:
    Chest- 39 in
    R. Arm- 12 in
    L. Arm- 11.5 in
    Waist- 32 in
    Hips- 43 in
    R. Thigh- 24 in
    L. Thigh- 25 in
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    What day is this ... what time is it ... Hahaha Okay so ... 3 days in the books for 30DS ...

Light workout night tonight only did cardio and the 30DS ... man I am glad the DVD is coming!
  • ceredonia
    Options
    I did level 1 day 7 today. It feels like it's getting too easy in the beginning, but the stupid side lunges with weights at the end still kill me. I need my arms to get stronger! Haha.
    The bicycle crunches are still really hard too, but at least I can do them now, even though I'm sure my form SUCKS. All that matters to me is making it through the set though, which I can do now!

As my reward to myself for making it 10 days into level 1 (3 more days!) I'm going to buy her No More Trouble Zones DVD and start doing that *in addition* to starting Level 2, but just 2 days a week. It might affect my results, but I'll report in regardless. :) 7 days in and I don't see any change so far...but I'm hoping!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Phew - day one down. I have to be honest, it was harder then I thought. I have been working out for a couple months now, walking, lifting some weights, biking, etc. So I thought I'd be able to keep up, but the cardio stuff was hard for me! Jumping up and down is NOT my favorite! haha I had to modify those parts a bit, like the jumprope I bounced from one foot to the other quickly. But hopefully by day 7ish I'll be able to do that eaiser! Just glad I finally started. Also thankful for you all because I can already tell its going to be a challenge to keep up. I'm already dreaded tomorrow haha. But 30 days isn't that long in the big picture. I just gotta do it! :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Ceredonia - No More Trouble Zones is GREAT, as is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. They are almost twice as long and harder, with twice the calorie burn, but you WILL be sore the next day. Perhaps do that one INSTEAD of 30DS on the days you do it, since it is like doing it twice as it is, adding the shred would be like doing the shred 3 times in one day!

My inner thighs are sore. I thing it's from the side lunge with lateral raise (which I can't consistently raise to eye level because my arms are WEAK!) I had top modify those and the pushups (I do girly knee ones or else my arms will collapse and I will land on my face)
    I wish I could take a rest day today as it's going to be hard to fit in between work, a meeting, and the dreaded yearly gyno appointment I have to go to. But I WILL make time! Somewhere. I hope...
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sooo glad to hear I'm not the only one with a weak upper body. The leg stuff and the cardio don't seem to affect me much, but the arms are KILLERS!

So, yesterday was day 8/Level 1 for me and I can definitely tell a difference in my endurance. I'm loving that I'm feeling so much slimmer already and for only 26 minutes a day!!! Woo hoo for 30DS!

On top of checking in with this thread, I found out last night that my mom started doing 30DS Monday - so now I'll be accountable to her too. . .apparently with my brother's wedding coming in November, we both had the same idea to lose weight and tone in as little time as possible!

Keep it up!! I'm excited to get to Level 2 this week - I've decided to do 10 days at each level. . .
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Did 30DSL1D2 yesterday and took a zumba class ... boy is my *kitten* and thighs on fireeeeeee LOL I feel good though my arms feel a bit heavy haha but the burn means its working those muscles I havent used in a long time.

I wanted to ask is there a rest day for 30 day shred or is it 10 days level 1 10 days level 2 and then 10 days level 3 straight through?

oh edit:
    did anyone else find they burned more calories day 2 .... I use my HRM watch and I burnt 225 on Monday and yesterday was 275 ... not complaining :smile: just curious if anyone else noticed that
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    TTV ... I actually burned LESS calories but I think that's because of my workout routine anyway. Besides the 30DS I go to the gym. I do that before the Shred. As you get more fit you will begin to notice differences in how hard your heart has to work. I can't wait for Level 2 and see how if fluctuates. This fitness stuff is endlessly fascinating LOL
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Can't chat for long today, all three of my kids are home from school ( some kinda stomach virus/bug) But I did finish day 1, 2, and 3 ( level one). I did it! my legs hurt from those static lunges however, I pushed thorugh the pain. We are rockin it. Keep it up.

Have a great day!
  • sjyates
    Options
    Can't chat for long today, all three of my kids are home from school ( some kinda stomach virus/bug) But I did finish day 1, 2, and 3 ( level one). I did it! my legs hurt from those static lunges however, I pushed thorugh the pain. We are rockin it. Keep it up.

Have a great day!

Wow - good for you for getting the workout in with all the kiddos home!!
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WEll now that I can fianlly get on from my computer and not just my phone I can llog it here. I did the shred this am and my 1.5 mile walk with the dogs. That makes 3 days in a row.

I am hoping I am able to do it in the am as I am working an overnight tonight for inventory. We shall see, I refuse to beat myself up if my body is screaming sleep as I will ahve to be back to work tomarrow at 3 pm, so only a few hours to sleep.

I definetly love having a group to report into it helps , even if I dont get to read a lot of what gets posted I aknow someone is reading what I wrote and will wonder if I do not check in . Have a great afternoon and night and I hope to be able to say day 4 done tomarrow..♥
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    Yay! Just checking in. Today will be the third day for me; I also added in some yoga yesterday. I think I've noticed the exercises getting a little easier, but my arms are still weak. I still have to do girly pushups :(
  • sjyates
    Options
    clothes_of_sand - Here's my deal with girly pushups. . .I can do more reps if I'm doing the girly ones, so I am justifying doing girly pushups this way! :ohwell:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    exactly, I'd rather finish them the girly way than not finish them at all!

So, day 3 is DONE! My legs are a bit ouchie but all in all I feel great.

I am one of those people that hop on the scale EVERY single morning the second I wake up, and so far it hasn't moved, which is odd...it usually does.
    Most days I will be either up OR down a pound or so based on water fluctuations and stuff, but this is the first time in months that it was EXACTLY the same (106.8) for 3 days straight.
    My intention for the shred is not to lose weight (I already lost it all), but to have a firm butt, and abs that I can SEE without sucking it in and flexing them.
    Strength in my arms would be great too, so maybe I can do some REAL pushups!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Day 9 in the books ;) I think I sweated more today than any of the others because I find myself pushing harder, going lower, and digging a little deeper. Feels great!! Tomorrow is level 1 and then Friday I will attempt level 2 :)

Keep up the great work all!!
  • sjyates
    Options
    Day 9 in the books ;) I think I sweated more today than any of the others because I find myself pushing harder, going lower, and digging a little deeper. Feels great!! Tomorrow is level 1 and then Friday I will attempt level 2 :)

BrunetteWife - We are on the same day. I will do Day 9 tonight, 10 tomorrow and attempt Level 2 on Friday. Are you taking any rest days? I have taken one so far, but I can't decide if I am going to take one each 10 days (so 11 days to finish a level) or not. . .what are your thoughts?
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Whew*** what a crazy (but good) day. Day 3 down :bigsmile:
  • KarenBorter
    Options

BrunetteWife - We are on the same day. I will do Day 9 tonight, 10 tomorrow and attempt Level 2 on Friday. Are you taking any rest days? I have taken one so far, but I can't decide if I am going to take one each 10 days (so 11 days to finish a level) or not. . .what are your thoughts?

I am curious about this as well

Deanna, are you planning to rifle thru or take a rest day between levels? That would put us at ~ 10/22 for final if we are doing a day between?
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I didnt get my second round in this morning because I did 30DS after my morning run... alas -- no time. Hit the gym at lunch for 15 min on Precor, 20 on Arc Trainer, and 15 min rowing. Now its time for my PM treadmill session while watching some new tv show... not sure which one yet.