Options

Replies

• MKistler77
    Options
    count me in :)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Day 7 for me and day one for this thread...CHECK! I'm slowly getting better at just about everything except those darn jumping jacks and jump rope..it gets me everytime. For those who just did it for the first time...what did you think?
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Thanks DeannaGracia for this great thread!

My first day back on shred was great. Yea, Jillan is one tough cookie, however, I keep telling myself push through it..you can do it!
    One exercise I need to improve (on level one) is the side lunges..or let’s just say anything with that states lunges..hate them!

Happy shredding everyone!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    got the tape measure at lunch.
    I think I will input the measurements tomorrow as well as a new weight. I just have to make sure I measure from the right spots.

I actually did Level 1 On Demand yesterday for the first time. It was tough (even though a lot of the moves were things my personal trainer used to give me to do) but really good. I am going to the gym tonight and will do cardio and some leg work but will come home to do 30DS. Will post measurements and weight in the AM
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I just completed D1/L3 and I survived. It was hard, but I thought it was going to be waaay harder. I didn't have to modify many of the moves. I was sweating like crazy when it was over and I was disappointed that my hrm said I burned more calories in level 2. what's up with that? I guess as I do it more and get used to the new moves, I can burn more. But its lots of plyo moves which I can't really do all of them. I just did the best I could. I was glad to see knee circles were back because of my bad knee. Most of the moves are some you've seen before, just kicked up a notch. And of course, some new ones too.

I know I am a little further ahead, but I really needed to get back on a shred thread because it gives me the motivation to complete it. I will shred tomorrow, but not Wednesday, as I go to zumba class on Wed. mornings.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Day 1 complete! I only had to do the "easy modified version" a little bit here and there. Hopefully soon I can do it full out without my arms giving out on me!

For whoever it was that asked about when to switch to level 2:
    I plan to switch at 10 days, then at 20, that way theres ten on each level, unless I find level 1 getting "too easy" at some point, then I'll move up sooner I guess....
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    My regime for tonight, Weight and measurements for you in the AM

First, the gym; I did Elliptical for 55 minutes (including cool down), leg press 90lbs + bar for 1st set of 15, added 25 lbs to each side for the next 2 sets of 15. Leg curls @ 50lbs 15 reps 3 sets, reverse leg curls, 45 x 12 reps 3 sets, Hip abductor 60lbs 15 reps 3 sets and also the inner thigh machine thingy (technical term) 70 lbs 15 reps 3 sets ... THEN came home and did 30DS ...

EDIT: I think the weight on just the leg press, no weights is 25lbs ... so add that to the above. I will confirm tomorrow.
    I think I am going to have to get the DVD ... I can see me working out of Level 1 pretty quickly
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it went pretty well for all of you shredders who started today! Congrats for getting through it!! I did Zumba today (you wanna talk abou sweaty! PHEW! I'm bringing a towel next time for sure!) Tomorrow will be day 1 for me with the shred. I hope I survive.

SW 231
    Neck 13.5
    Chest 44
    Bicep 15.75
    Waist 35.5
    Stomach 40.5 (around the belly button)
    Hips/Booty 48.5
    Thigh 30
    Calf 20.5

Will check back tomorrow! Keep it up ladies!
  • hmlayman
    Options
    Day 1 of level one under my belt. Went to the gym this evening after class only to find that they were having a pilates class in the room that I usually do my 30ds. I was so let down. :( I did my regular cardio and strength training w. plans on starting tomorrow. BUT guess what? :blushing: I did it AT HOME!!! I decided that I am ready to make this change so I just did it, no excuses. I used water bottles for weights and my floor. :wink:
    She is one tough lady, I like to face my punches toward her head :laugh: I have did this before and got a knee injury and had to stop exercising all together so ladies please be careful.

No measurements, where would I find a measuring tape? :noway: Any suggestions?
    Weight as of today is
    284 @ 5 feet 11 inches :flowerforyou:
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    No measurements, where would I find a measuring tape? :noway: Any suggestions?
    Weight as of today is
    284 @ 5 feet 11 inches :flowerforyou:

You can get them at craft stores :) or a fabric store if there is one near you :)
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I would like to join :) Unfortunately, I don't have a measuring tape to take measurements, but I'll try to get one this weekend. I actually restarted today (after doing it for three days a couple of weeks ago and then quitting) before I even found this thread. I plan to do 30ds every day, but also yoga every other day.

Starting weight: 150
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WEll it is Tuesday and I ahve completed day 2. REally feeling it this time around. Think I am pushing myself harder. Hope everyone has a good day...And keep shredding!!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    I have not done day 2 yet, 30ds, my legs and abs are killing me from those stupid lunges. I will do d2 around 11 am, hopefully my legs wont hurt as much. yesterday, when I did day 1 (level 1) after the workout was over my legs were like jello...Am I suppose to eat/drink something (before or after the workout) so I don't feel so beat-up when I am done today? Any suggestions please?

happy shredding girls!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    As promised ... Measurements and Weight:

9/20 SW: 172.6

Waist (across Belly Button): 37"
    Hips (across hip bone): 41
    Right Thigh: 24.5
    Left Thigh: 25"
    Left Bicep: 13.5"
    Right Bicep: 13"
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Positively_Me - I've read a lot about chocolate milk lately for recovery and that's what I've been using. I try to have an 8 oz glass before and an 8 oz glass after my workout. I'd like to know if anyone else has been doing this. . .

Yesterday, I finished Day 7/Level 1 of 30DS. It is getting easier, however, that side lunge with the arm raise in the last strength section KILL ME!! I have no upper body strength, but hopefully that changes soon!

Keep pushing through everyone - it will be great to see our results in just 30 days!! :smooched:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Yay I did my 30 Day Shred Level 1 Day 1 yesterday!! I thought for sure I would be sore today but I am not lol. I am taking a zumba class tonight and am hoping I have enough time to do Day 2 tonight! I really like it. Did not love the jumping jacks though I thought I was going to knock the house down LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL :laugh:
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Positively_Me - I've read a lot about chocolate milk lately for recovery and that's what I've been using. I try to have an 8 oz glass before and an 8 oz glass after my workout. I'd like to know if anyone else has been doing this. . .

Yesterday, I finished Day 7/Level 1 of 30DS. It is getting easier, however, that side lunge with the arm raise in the last strength section KILL ME!! I have no upper body strength, but hopefully that changes soon!

Keep pushing through everyone - it will be great to see our results in just 30 days!! :smooched:

Thanks sjyates, I will try the chocolate milk. I just need to buy more milk today when I send my son to pre-school.

Congrats for completing day 7! You're doing awesome!!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options

Thanks sjyates, I will try the chocolate milk. I just need to buy more milk today when I send my son to pre-school.

Congrats for completing day 7! You're doing awesome!!!

I've herad of people using chocalte milk. But I was little nervous to try it. Maybe I'll give it atry too :) Thanks!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    My regime for tonight, Weight and measurements for you in the AM

First, the gym; I did Elliptical for 55 minutes (including cool down), leg press 90lbs + bar for 1st set of 15, added 25 lbs to each side for the next 2 sets of 15. Leg curls @ 50lbs 15 reps 3 sets, reverse leg curls, 45 x 12 reps 3 sets, Hip abductor 60lbs 15 reps 3 sets and also the inner thigh machine thingy (technical term) 70 lbs 15 reps 3 sets ... THEN came home and did 30DS ...

EDIT: I think the weight on just the leg press, no weights is 25lbs ... so add that to the above. I will confirm tomorrow.
    I think I am going to have to get the DVD ... I can see me working out of Level 1 pretty quickly

GREAT JOB!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    OK-- Here it is... and I must admit that I am trying to keep things in perspective because I have been on MFP for a month... I have been eating well, counting everything that goes in my mouth, working out dilligently, etc. I have lost 5 pounds which is a little less than I expected... but on the bright side, I have lost inches. I revamped my program on 9/15 -- and I am hoping to have better results in a couple of weeks. Time will tell.

Starting info:
    Weight: 165
    Waist (2 fingers above belly button): 34
    Abs (at belly button): 35.5
    Hips: 39

Keep the perspective that everything worthwhile takes time.

Inches are great too. Hopefully this will jumpstart the weight loss a bit for you!