30 day shredders...starting Monday!

Options

Replies

• BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My stats - DVD arrived yesterday and did my first one last night - sweated like a pig!

Weight 208.6lbs or 14st 2.6lbs (94.6kg)

Waist 36 inches
    Belly 44 inches
    Hips/bum 45 inches
    R. Thigh 26.5 inches
    L. Thigh 25.5 inches
    R. Arm 13.5 inches
    L. Arm 13.5 inches
    Neck 14 inches
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Super excited that today is the last day of level 2 :happy: Hopefully tmr I dont die with level 3 :drinker: I got this!! I will post in tmr with how 3 went!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Super excited that today is the last day of level 2 :happy: Hopefully tmr I dont die with level 3 :drinker: I got this!! I will post in tmr with how 3 went!

I can't WAIT to hear about level 3 from you LOL I have a couple more days left for Level 2 ... switching over on Sunday.

btw, one of the other girls here (SaraTN) is starting a P90X challenge beginning on Nov. 1 which I am likely going to participate in. I think though it's going to take me longer then 90 days (may take Gigi's approach and do 120).
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! I'm going to start the 30 day shred today! I have some 3lb-ers and I'm ready to go! Tell me.... Do you all wear shoes when doing the shred? Thanks!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Hi All!! I'm going to start the 30 day shred today! I have some 3lb-ers and I'm ready to go! Tell me.... Do you all wear shoes when doing the shred? Thanks!!

I do and I would recommend it for shock absorption :)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did wear shoes and I'm glad I did. It's funny that I have to avoid my tennis shoes because my dog always thinks they mean a walk. Today I took her for one before starting!

It was REALLY hard, everyone was right! I was surprised! I thought Level 1 would be more comfortable for me. I'm thinking it might be a while before I graduate to the next level. Unfortunately I didn't finish though. My boyfriend's lame friend showed up unannounced when I was 20 minutes in. We have a really small house and I was doing it in the living room so I had to quit. :frown: I'm ready to give it another shot tomorrow though.

So, do you all do the shred every day consecutively or give yourself a rest day or two? Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    D8 10/08 -167 lbs
    Heart Rate Max: 144
    Heart Rate Avg: 126
    Calories Burned: 231

3lbs weights for everything this time. Also now have a "manual setting" on my hrm based on my resting heart rate. This is probably the most accurate of entries.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 9 ... tomorrow is the last day of Level 2 ... I am frightened to go to level 3 LOL

D9 10/09 -167 lbs
    Heart Rate Max:147
    Heart Rate Avg:125
    Calories Burned:226

3lbs weights for everything this time
  • ceredonia
    Options
    I lost track of my days, but according to my math, I AM DONE WITH LEVEL 2 TONIGHT. I thought I had another day after today. I am SO HAPPY OMG. I hate Level 2. About to do the last day of it after posting this, after getting back from the gym I feel pretty warmed up and I hope I can blast it out.

I'm actually EXCITED for Level 3. Anything must be better than all these stupid plank moves!!!
  • ceredonia
    Options
    Sorry, double post!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I lost track of my days, but according to my math, I AM DONE WITH LEVEL 2 TONIGHT. I thought I had another day after today. I am SO HAPPY OMG. I hate Level 2. About to do the last day of it after posting this, after getting back from the gym I feel pretty warmed up and I hope I can blast it out.

I'm actually EXCITED for Level 3. Anything must be better than all these stupid plank moves!!!

Word ... I am looking forward to hearing about level 3 tomorrow. I start it on Monday
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I can't say I am sorry to say goodbye to Level 2 ... Level 3 Day 1 tomorrow /shudder

D10 10/10 -167 lbs
    Heart Rate Max: 149
    Heart Rate Avg:132
    Calories Burned: 246

3lbs weights for everything this time
  • ceredonia
    Options
    Level 3 was a freaking cakewalk compared to 2!! A couple plank moves, sure, but I actually enjoyed the exercises a lot more. Except for the 2nd cardio circuit, with the jumping, that kinda sucked.
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    I'm starting level 2 today... aaargh excited! I'll let you know how I get on, I'm not liking the sound of these knee problems everyone seems to be having!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Ok this is what I found online when i googled it ...

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!

DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!

DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 21 - OFF!

DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Now that I read it better I wonder what Quick Trouble Zones is ... hmm

Hello ladies, just looking for some c25k help when I stumbled across this and thought I'd take a look since I'm doing a 30-day Jillian Michaels challenge as well. It is the one I've quoted. Quick Trouble Zones is supposed to be No More Trouble Zones without the floor work. I don't know because I just use NMTZ since it's what I have, but that's what someone doing our challenge said. I hope this helps.
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So I didn't do the Shred at all last week - not good! So I plan on starting back up tonight - I'll be on Day 18 total - Day 8 of Level 2.

I'm very ready to hear from someone's experience about Level 3!!!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Sorry ladies been MIA for the past couple of days. Did 30 DS L3 D 1 & 2 this weekend. My feelings on level 3 are not very high. I did not burn a lot of calories. I ended up having to add another workout with it. A lot of jumping around, hurt my knees a bit so I had to modify some moves. For level 3 I expected more. Level 2 actually grew on me I started getting all the moves and was burning up to 320 with it. 8 days left of 30 Day Shred not sure of the weight loss or measurement been at the bfs house this past week he doesnt have a scale. Wed. I will weigh in and then measure next week.
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Started Level 3 this morning. WOW it was tough but I liked it. I also picked up Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. I planned on pick up No More Trouble Zones also but they were out. When I finish the 30 Day Shred. I plan on starting the work out plan with all three DVDs.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Not very encouraging reviews of Level 3 ... I will see tonight. Already seeing that the burn wasn't as good as some expected I may have to do a tad more cardio (although I have my entire meal planned out sans snack and have calories left over). will report later. Jumping around doesn't sound encouraging ... are there plans involved?
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Not very encouraging reviews of Level 3 ... I will see tonight. Already seeing that the burn wasn't as good as some expected I may have to do a tad more cardio (although I have my entire meal planned out sans snack and have calories left over). will report later. Jumping around doesn't sound encouraging ... are there plans involved?

It was alot of polyometric moves. I had a hard time with it. You may have an easier time because you are lighter. I have a hard time jumping up an down my knees feel like crap and then I end up taking way to many days off to feel better. You use the weights a lil more also which would be for toning so I understand why level 3 is lower in the calorie burn. Hope you have a great burn ... cant wait to hear how it went for you. I think tom. I will do level 2 and then 3 to up my calories burned.