30 day shredders...starting Monday!

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I too am getting a bit burnt out. 2 more left ... 1 tonight and probably skipping Friday and doing it on Saturday. Unless I feel motivated to get 2 rounds in tonight lol doubt it!

I am looking forward to starting the 30 down slimdown next. I love Jillian I just get tired of doing the same thing over and over. Totally looking forward to doing 3 different dvds. :)

I am TOTALLY feeling those side plank raises in my obliques today LOL ... I still do modified push ups, I really lack upper body strength and it makes my implants feel funny LOL. I have to talk to my neighbor about the P90X and remind him I want to start it on the 1st of November. If it's proves too much for me I am going to do the slimdown. I have to say though the NMTZ is an *kitten* KICKER

hehe I cant wait to try NMTZ i hope it kicks my bootay i could use some shrinkage in that department LOL. I tried doing p90x before. I gained weight with it because I burnt so many calories I couldnt keep up with eating all of them. I know a lot of women who had great results with it though. My goal is to do p90x once I hit goal because it tones you all over. I just need to shred the fat right now. Let me know if you are going to do the slimdown maybe we can start a new thread.

just 2 words for that: It will (kick your booty) LOL
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Well I officially have done 29 30DS workouts. I will finish up my 30th this weekend at some point. Feeling good was hoping for at least a 5lb loss. I lost 8.2 during my last 30 days. Love you JILLIAN LOL! Not sure of the measurements I will do them on Monday. Monday I will be starting the 30 day slim down. Keep up the great work ladies. I love reading about everyone's journey. :flowerforyou:
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So I'm out I guess. . .I finished 19 of the 30 days and just can't find the time to get going again. My husband is working crazy hours and lately I feel like I'm not spending enough time playing with our 6-month old daughter when I get home from work.

I'm hoping to start back up soon when things get back to normal. Awesome job to all of you that stuck it out!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Day 9 in the books ... tomorrow is the last day. I will take measurements on Monday morning. I have a guest on sunday morning and I won't be able to take measurements

D9 10/22 - 165lbs

Heart Rate Max:142
    Heart Rate Avg:121
    Calories Burned:210

3lb Weights on end cardio only and 5lb Weights used ...

STARTING MEASUREMENTS AND WEIGHT:

9/20 SW: 172.6

Waist (across Belly Button): 37"
    Hips (across hip bone): 41
    Right Thigh: 24.5
    Left Thigh: 25"
    Left Bicep: 13.5"
    Right Bicep: 13"

So far looks like 8.6 lbs lost but I was also doing cardio so it wasn't all from the shred. I will take measurements which I attribute 100% to the shred.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    final day DONE! Measurements on monday

D10 10/23 - 164lbs

Heart Rate Max:145
    Heart Rate Avg:127
    Calories Burned:231

3lb Weights on end cardio only and 5lb Weights used ...
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    9/20 SW: 172.6

Waist (across Belly Button): 37"
    Hips (across hip bone): 41"
    Right Thigh: 24.5"
    Left Thigh: 25"
    Left Bicep: 13.5"
    Right Bicep: 13"

10/25 measurements as follows:

Weight: 164 lbs
    Waist Across Belly Button: .35"
    Hips Across Hip Bone: 39.5"
    Right Thigh: 24"
    Left Thigh: 24"
    Right Bicep: 12"
    Left Bicep:12"

8.6 lb difference (keeping in mind I was also doing cardio) Total Inches lost 8.5"
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Measured in 5 inches lost all over and 8.6lbs lost :smile:

Review- 30 Day Shred is a great fast workout. I would recommend it to anyone who 1) is short on time and 2) cant afford a gym membership ... I personally added some more cardio to my routine.

Starting today 30 Day Slimdown .. combo of Jillians 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism if anyone wants to join me maybe we can start a new thread let me know
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I think you and I are the only ones who actually DID this challenge LOL

As far as my review goes. I mirror what you said and it is a great supplement to other stuff but I wouldn't do it alone. I think part of the results I saw had to do with the cardio. I know though that the strength part is what got my arms down.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I feel you with the arms. My arms got so toned and they look fabulous .... and I never would have said that about my arms 30 days ago. I keep track of my calories burned on a chart and I def. lost more weight when I added cardio to the shred.
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Finished the 30 day shred yesterday as of this mornings weight in I've lost 12 pounds. I didn't measure when I started but I've been able to move in a notch on my belt and my new jeans are a size smaller and no risk of being featured on PeopleOfWalmart.com ;-)

This morning I started Jillian's Yoga Meltdown.
  • ceredonia
    Options
    I finished it the other day, did my measurements...didn't lose a single inch ANYWHERE! I stuck to my calorie limits for the most part, fluctuated a couple pounds...but nothing fits better or looks different. Sigh. Maybe the shred just doesn't do it for me.

I'm taking this week off (still counting cals but just not exercising, too busy), but on November 1st I'm starting both Turbo Jam and the 30 Day Slimdown, so I'm hoping I'll actually see results from that.