90 days of Inspiration

Options

Replies

• epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is my chance to do what I've never done, to sprint to the finish line instead of crawl.

So here's to finishing strong! :drinker:

Here's to continuing strong...as I no longer see finish lines [the journey never ends], only milestones to achieve.

You are doing great!! Saying out loud that you are at a major turning point that has historically been difficult is the first step in overcoming that self-destructive side that we all have. But keep in mind, we all have a self-care side as well [that many of us either forget or choose to ignore]. I encourage you to acknowledge this sabotage tendency but not give it too much power over you. Be compassionate with yourself, acknowledge your struggle, accept that this is going to be difficult BUT that you do have what it takes to get through it, and empower your self-care side of you to do what you know it really wants to do...take care of you and help you to achieve your goals.

Looking forward to the next 15 days with you!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing great! Keep at it :)
  • jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for the encouraging words :flowerforyou:

Ok plugging along day 76 of 90:

Be yourself. And never fear thus to be naked to the eyes of others. Yet, know that man so often masks himself. That what is simple is rarely understood. The dust of truth swirls, and seeks its own cracks of entry. And a tree falling in the forest, without ears to hear, makes no sounds. Yet it falls. –Kung Fu
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 77 of 90:

Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Day 77 of 90:

This^^

Double thumbs up!!
  • alpine_dog
    alpine_dog Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is my chance to do what I've never done, to sprint to the finish line instead of crawl.

So here's to finishing strong! :drinker:

Here's to continuing strong...as I no longer see finish lines [the journey never ends], only milestones to achieve.

You are doing great!! Saying out loud that you are at a major turning point that has historically been difficult is the first step in overcoming that self-destructive side that we all have. But keep in mind, we all have a self-care side as well [that many of us either forget or choose to ignore]. I encourage you to acknowledge this sabotage tendency but not give it too much power over you. Be compassionate with yourself, acknowledge your struggle, accept that this is going to be difficult BUT that you do have what it takes to get through it, and empower your self-care side of you to do what you know it really wants to do...take care of you and help you to achieve your goals.

Looking forward to the next 15 days with you!!

Great acvice here! ^^

It's been so encouaging following along with you jsalzat, I know you'll continue to achive those milestones.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Day 77 of 90:

You got this!!!
  • jsalzat
    Options
    :heart: Awww thanks ladies!!! You're awesome :wink:

:happy: Happy Friday :happy:

Day 78 of 90:

You will never know your limits unless you push yourself to them
  • mghne_87
    mghne_87 Posts: 1
    Options
    When I'm having trouble getting going, or if I'm in the middle of a work-out and really want to quit, I remind myself:

Suck it up now so you don't have to suck it in later!

Always gets me moving a little more :D
  • jsalzat
    Options
    :bigsmile: That's a good one!

Day 79 of 90:

Success trains.
    Failure complains.

Hope you're having an awesome weekend!!!!
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Being self-aware helps more than just about anything but it is one of the hardest things to do. Keep it up, you're doing great.
  • Lo0n3y
    Lo0n3y Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and I've been finding it difficult to establish the habit of logging on daily. If I fail to log on, I'm not accountable for food or exercise, which I know will stifle my progress if I allow it to continue. I sigh with deep admiration when I see my news feed full of "---- has logged in for 780 days in a row" ; "--- has logged in for 50 days in a row" or "--- has logged in for 20 days in a row". I'd like to just make it to 5 days in a row for starters... I haven't even been able to achieve that once yet.

My goal with this forum topic is to motivate me to log on DAILY for the next 90 days. Please feel free to post words of encouragement, motivational quotes or sayings, or other forms of inspiration here. I would love to add friends here as well.

I will commit to post something inspirational here every evening after completing my food and exercise log for the next 90 (consecutive) days. I can't wait for my profile to announce success in this area; thanks in advance for your support along the way :happy:

Hi
    I have it set on my mobile breakfast lunch & dinner to remind me when I should go on, before I didn't I kept forgetting but now I'm here every day logging :) feel free to add :) all the best
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou:

Day 80 of 90:

A Mother's Day Fitness Poem

The challenge of becoming a mother
    was a change to my body unlike any other
    stretching, deforming, and bursting the seams
    shattering all my bikini dreams
    then the time commitment of parenthood
    made it difficult to do the things I should
    I began replacing my long gym sessions
    with pizza, chips, candy and kid obsessions
    My children grew taller and my waist grew wider
    They'd poke fun at my belly as my pants got tighter
    I'd try to lose weight but lacked motivation
    I'd give up to soon and eat my frustration
    But myfitnesspal changed my paradigm
    And soon I was able to make the time
    So I logged and I shared all the stuff I did
    And behind my fears I no longer hid
    I worked out hard and ate whole grain oats
    I wrote cheesy poems and I posted quotes
    The friends on the site offered lots of support
    I lost some weight and now I'm glad to report
    My children look up to me with proud smiles
    They've watched me train and run for miles
    Now they're eagerly following their "kung fu mom"
    Thanks to www.myfitnesspal.com

Happy Mother's Day :laugh:
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 81 of 90:

You are never too old and it is never too late to keep moving forward in your beautiful life.

:happy: Happy Monday!:tongue:
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just found this and now need to read fromthe beginning.
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are never too old and it is never too late to keep moving forward in your beautiful life.
    ^^ This.

And this:
    You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.

C. S. Lewis
  • jsalzat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Day 82 of 90:

If

you

don't

want

to,

you

don't

ever

have

to

overeat

again.

:heart:
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 83 of 90:

"A river cuts through a rock, not because of its power but its persistence." Jim Watkins
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 84 of 90:

"Fit is not a destination. It is a way of life."
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 85 of 90:

"If you are waiting for the right time, it's NOW."

Happy Friday!!!!! :wink: