"Girl" Pushups????

Options

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Punky, honestly, I'd be miffed too. Modified push-ups, or push-ups on your knees, are entirely based on a person's current physical condition and ability, not sex.

Or their mood. Sometimes I'm just on the mood to be on my knees. Othertimes, I'm in the mood to put him on his knees.

Tomato, tomahto.

Sometimes those guys need to remember what their knees are for...

(Side note...anyone else think that has to be one of the WORST thought out song lyrics in history of music? :laugh:)

Extra credit for anyone who knows what I'm talking about... lol

Dear mom and dad, please send money...

That line alone doesn't really make the line you listed sound any better.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I think maybe instead of "girl" they should go with "modified." Because, firstly, you don't want a girl thinking she can't do the other style, nor do you want to restrict boys from using modified pushups, it should be seen as a stepping stone to the full pushup. Secondly, it sets up using the term "girl" to mean "lesser."

the end.

OMG! THE MATH AGAIN!

Clearly our education system has failed you.

Go back to your third world country if you don't understand math! seriously get out of 'Murica!!!
  • Each to their own, I have three girls. I do the regular push ups and I have one daughter that does them also. The other two do the girl push ups. At least they're getting exercise IMHO. Whatever helps them get out there and exercise, I'm all for, even if they do girl pushups.

So call them modified push ups and make them for anyone who struggles to do a full push up, NOT girl push ups.:noway:

^^this.

They are a great modification for anyone struggling with their push ups. I did them, sometimes I'll still drop back and do them.

Not because i love girly wussy things (although I do.)....but because with a full push up, I get some serious depth but I'm still working on that depth, where as with the modifieds i'm pretty much nose to the ground and it's nice revisiting that victory.

I worked HARD to get there....i like visiting there...

but yeah...don't knock them, but understand that for most people they are a part of the process to getting to a full push up....not the stop and end all of the girl's process to a perfect push up.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I think maybe instead of "girl" they should go with "modified." Because, firstly, you don't want a girl thinking she can't do the other style, nor do you want to restrict boys from using modified pushups, it should be seen as a stepping stone to the full pushup. Secondly, it sets up using the term "girl" to mean "lesser."

the end.
    #winning
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    It actually is a good thing. Training women to be on their knees will help them excel in the future.
    You say that with those two little girls in your picture...
    :angry:

^^ This.

Sad. Just sad.

I'll check between the couch cushions and you look under the bed.

I'm sure we'll find your sense of humor around here somewhere.
    :wink:

This.

It was a joke, people. Don't get your panties in a wad.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I was gonna comment but then I heard you weren't allowed to be funny, and there was math...so...

peace-i-m-out.gif
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options
    I do girl pushups and my boobs are bigger than yours. So what?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

the end.

**this is a joke. if you don't get it... I'm sorta sorry, but not really, cause you should MFP more.**

are you saying that I don't MFP enough, or are you pleading for me to be around more because of my awesomeness?
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    It actually is a good thing. Training women to be on their knees will help them excel in the future.
    You say that with those two little girls in your picture...
    :angry:

^^ This.

Sad. Just sad.

This.

It was a joke, people. Don't get your panties in a wad.

Seriously. As the OP, I would like to say, it was a joke. We all knew it was a joke. Get your boy shorts (cause supposedly the term panty is offensive :wink: out of the aforementioned wad. Thank you and have a nice day.

#LongLiveHomer!!!!!!
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Wow that's crazy! We were never taught "girl" pushups.. There were standard push-ups that we were all expected to do.. and there were modified push-ups that we could do until we were able to do standard ones.
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Everyone's boobs are bigger than mine...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    1. I'm staying in 'murica!

2. Wolverine... I'm not sure. I'm gonna do the long and hard thinkin' thing. I'll let you know.

3. Seriously people, get a sense of humor. Or humour if you prefer, that's cool too.
  • Expect_The_Worst
    Options

Everyone's boobs are bigger than mine...

LIES!!
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Punky, honestly, I'd be miffed too. Modified push-ups, or push-ups on your knees, are entirely based on a person's current physical condition and ability, not sex.

Or their mood. Sometimes I'm just on the mood to be on my knees. Othertimes, I'm in the mood to put him on his knees.

Tomato, tomahto.

(Side note...anyone else think that has to be one of the WORST thought out song lyrics in history of music? :laugh:)

IN for extra credit ;) country songs will say dont forget what your knees are for, talking about praying but most people who have dirty minds think of other things to do on their knees
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Seriously. As the OP, I would like to say, it was a joke. We all knew it was a joke. Get your boy shorts (cause supposedly the term panty is offensive :wink: out of the aforementioned wad. Thank you and have a nice day.

#LongLiveHomer!!!!!!

When did panties become offensive!? I hate this website sometimes! If it's not period blood talk, it's words like panties that are taboo!
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Tomato, tomahto.

Sup. :flowerforyou:
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options

#LongLiveHomer!!!!!!

The advantage of being around a while is that you see people for a while. And anyone who had ever read any of Homer's post, would know that he was joking. Instant-anger isn't always your friend.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options

Tomato, tomahto.

Dear mom and dad, please send money...

That line alone doesn't really make the line you listed sound any better.
    Haha!! I thought I was the only one who laughed at that song! :laugh:
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options

the end.

Yep, this. I'd be calling the Y and complaining vocally and insisting they change their verbiage and their teaching style to something more 21st century like modified pushups!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I wonder if that school also has a barefoot requirement for home ec.