SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Kathy - Congrats! What a great prize. Please let us know how the videos are. You're lucky! I agree with Sandy, a year ago this would have been a ho hum prize, but now....well, let's just say that I'm jealous!
    Patti
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Hope your having a great weekend. I didn't get in any Leslie miles today but did spend over 3 hours walking around the flea markets today. Beautiful day here in north Georgia. Had to get out and see a few leaves. Hope to get in some official walking tomorrow!

:flowerforyou:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Kathy - Congrats! What a great prize. Please let us know how the videos are. You're lucky! I agree with Sandy, a year ago this would have been a ho hum prize, but now....well, let's just say that I'm jealous!
    Patti

The DVDs are the 30 Day Shred which I have but my son's girlfriend has been wanting it so I'm going to give it to her, and the Yoga Meltdown, which I've been want tin to try. I love yoga but have not tried any of the cardio workouts yet.
    I am also getting both Master Your Metabolism and the Master Your Metabolism Cookbook--both of which I have been on a waiting list at my library for.

The game is her Fitness Ultimatum 2010 for the WII. We have an Xbox and am getting the Kinect for it when it comes out in November so I will sell or trade the game for a fitness game I can use on the Kinect.

I didn't get any Leslie miles in today but hope to get some on tomorrow.
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just walked 3 miles with Leslie - this is the first time I have ever walked this much with her. I have always done the 1 or 2 mile. I feel great. Now I have 43 miles in. Only a few more and I have meet the goal.
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Looking to start tomorrow walking the DVD's I am going to start with the 1 mile first for a bit so I can slowly ease myself up to more.:happy: :happy:
  • sandara
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great weekend! I did the 4 mile Punch up your walk! I finally broke down and bought a digital food scale. It's great and I'm relieved to know that I've been estimating pretty good on some of the stuff I couldn't really measure in grams on my little regular scale (like potatoes).

Kathy - Those Master your Metabolism books sound great. I'll have to check them out.

Way to go Panda! It feels good when your able to do a little longer workout!

And Countrygirl - That's the best way to start. I know I did.

One week to go until Halloween and I've still managed to avoid the candy corn! YAY! :laugh:
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    Did a 3 mile walk tonight - with my husband! He tried it for the first time and did really good. He hates how much Leslie talks through the video, but even that wears on me. There are times I just want to scream "woman! shush!" but can't cause I'm out of breath :laugh:

One more week - can't believe October is almost over. Does anyone have little gobblins on here they will be taking out for Halloween next weekend? I've got myself a knight and an army man so I'll be well-protected :wink:
  • sandara
    Options
    Did a 3 mile walk tonight - with my husband! He tried it for the first time and did really good. He hates how much Leslie talks through the video, but even that wears on me. There are times I just want to scream "woman! shush!" but can't cause I'm out of breath :laugh:

One more week - can't believe October is almost over. Does anyone have little gobblins on here they will be taking out for Halloween next weekend? I've got myself a knight and an army man so I'll be well-protected :wink:

Hey Tracy, Some of her workouts have the option of "music only" or you can turn off the volume and crank up some of your own music. I enjoy talking back to her and fussing at her when she won't shut up and gets stuck on one move. :laugh:

My goblin is all grown up :cry: and we don't even get trick or treaters in our area because we're in a fairly rural area.
  • Luneytoonz
    Luneytoonz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sandy- I didn't know about muting Leslie. I'll have to check it out. She does go on....and on and on.
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Got 3 miles in this morning
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Hi everyone! I did NOT do well with my foods this weekend. I am back on track today and am determined to make only good choices and to drink lots of water!

I did Leslie's' 5 Fat Burning Miles yesterday and plan on doubling up my workouts this week. I'm not working right now so I can do this. I want a few more pounds gone before I visit my family for Thanksgiving!

Raining like crazy here--soup weather, I think. Have a good day!
  • Lesliet05
    Options

Raining like crazy here--soup weather, I think. Have a good day!

Send some our way.... the dogs run in the yard and it is just a dust cloud
  • tracyts
    Options
    :noway:
    Hey Tracy, Some of her workouts have the option of "music only" or you can turn off the volume and crank up some of your own music. I enjoy talking back to her and fussing at her when she won't shut up and gets stuck on one move. :laugh:

hmmm, I think a couple of the ones we have at work have that option, but my ones at home don't. I should investigate further just in case my husband decides to keep joining me and hucks a shoe at the tv in frustration :ohwell: . One of the ladies in my lunchtime class can mimic Leslie PERFECTLY. She'll say one of the lines like "when my leg comes up, my elbow goes back" but she will do it in such a way that we all crack up and just about the time we've stopped laughing Leslie will say the line again, starting us cracking up all over again. I expend a lot of energy in the class just laughing cause we have some real characters. We'll be doing one of the 4-mile DVDs today - I'm going to need to find a magic energy pill though because between it being MOnday and it raining sideways, my mood is more suited for a lazy-boy by the fire than our workout room :yawn:
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everybody, Got busy last night and forgot to post my miles. I did the first 2 miles from the 5 day slim down and added hand weights to the second mile for a little more oomph! :laugh:

Tracy, your group really sounds fun. I"d love to find a group doing the WATP's here but no luck. And usually any kind of classes don't fit my schedule. I'll keep looking though.

:flowerforyou:
  • Lesliet05
    Options
    Well got 4 miles in this morning. and that puts me at Goal...YEA!!!! didn't think I was going to be able to do 75 miles. :)
  • tracyts
    Options
    Congrats Leslie! :drinker: Great job!

Sandy: Yes, the class is a blast. We ended up doing the 4 fast and firm miles with the stretch band yesterday. Today is a 3-mile DVD so will be interested in what gets picked by today's "leader" - which basically is whoever gets there first.
  • MCS64
    MCS64 Posts: 126
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am back with a new name now. I had to close my account because of technical problems. I just started again today and need to redo EVERYTHING. I have been keeping up with my walking for this challenge. I will update all that tomorrow including my ticker. Right now Im working on the whole food diary thing. Yuck. Good thing about that though I have learned alot since I've started and Im going to be double checking accuracy before I enter things.

See you tomorrow! :happy:
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Did 2.5 miles today outside, it was a great day!!!
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Did the 5 Advanced Miles this morning and then did 2 miles this afternoon. I learned a LONG time ago that if I get bored I need to do something--I am choosing to walk! I wanted to walk outside but it has been pouring here! Hopefully that will stop soon. Unfortunately, that is the kind of weather we have at this time of year!
  • sandara
    Options
    WTG Leslie!

Everybody is doing great! Rain here in Georgia too but thank goodness for WATP tonite. I did the Walk & Jog tonight, it's one of the older workouts but still good. About 2 1/2 miles worth of intervals.

Way to stay busy Kathy. I know what happens when I get bored too! :noway: