SWaT Walking Group

Options

Replies

• betterchoices
    Options
    Hello all :flowerforyou:

I logged in another 2.75 WATP miles for the last two days! .75 was a warm-up before my strength training today.

Luneytoonz ... That's awesome!!
  • seana22
    seana22 Posts: 14
    Options
    today i walked 9.6 miles i shoulda womaned up and went and made it an even 10 but whatever lol theres tomarrow :bigsmile:
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Did one mile during lunch today!!!
  • DesertCowgirl
    DesertCowgirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What a wet day!!! The storms just keeped moving in. But I did get my three miles in the morning and again in the afternoon. It was also down right cold this evening. Strange weather for Arizona.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Another mile in!! I learned my lesson not to do 4 miles in one day again. My dr. is mad at me. Two I can handle.
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    This morning I got in 2 miles. Wed are my busy day, have fun walking today and I will type at you tomorrow... Keep them feet moving :)
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! Looks like a typical hump day, I had to force myself to do 2 miles. I knew I probably wouldn't get to walk tomorrow evening so I thought I should at least get in a short one tonight!

See you all later! Keep logging those miles! :flowerforyou:
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to join too. I have been walking 1 mile every day on my lunch break plus some at home. I have have the walking tapes. I will be doing those once winter hits. I would love to try to do 30 miles. I started walking 9/20 as well. So far I have 14 miles in. Not including this week.

What Else do I need to do?
  • sandara
    Options
    Hello,

I would like to join too. I have been walking 1 mile every day on my lunch break plus some at home. I have have the walking tapes. I will be doing those once winter hits. I would love to try to do 30 miles. I started walking 9/20 as well. So far I have 14 miles in. Not including this week.

What Else do I need to do?

Hi Panda! Welcome to the group. Glad to have you walking with us. You dont' have to do anything else. Just walk and check in when you can. We set our own goals and everyone checks in when they can and cheers everyone else along. Happy walking! :flowerforyou:
  • bjpkwiltz
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join?
    I am a somewhat newbie to MFP, have been meal tracking for about 30 days, but need to "move it to lose it"!
    One of my stumbling blocks is working 12 hour night shifts, with no set schedule, and I am so good at making
    excuses.
    My new plan is to walk the mornings after I get to sleep....that will get me going 4 days/week.....
    will look for he Sansone DVD, that sounds like a good motivator....
    Not sure where that will leave me mileage wilse, but we all start at 0.....
    Nice to meet you all, Barb
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join?
    I am a somewhat newbie to MFP, have been meal tracking for about 30 days, but need to "move it to lose it"!
    One of my stumbling blocks is working 12 hour night shifts, with no set schedule, and I am so good at making
    excuses.
    My new plan is to walk the mornings after I get to sleep....that will get me going 4 days/week.....
    will look for he Sansone DVD, that sounds like a good motivator....
    Not sure where that will leave me mileage wilse, but we all start at 0.....
    Nice to meet you all, Barb

Welcome to the group Barb! Happy to have you with us. :flowerforyou:
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    One more mile tonight with my son. :bigsmile:
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, All. Just a mid-week check in. Today was one of those blah days; I didn't go to work and stayed in pj's all day. Thanks for setting up this group because it motivated me to finally put on my workout clothes and do the WAtP 2 mile tape, albeit at 7:30 pm, but I still got it in.

Kudos to all who have set their goals and are working toward making them!

Make it a great week!

exercise.png
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while--internet provider problems and just REALLY busy! I've been walking, though, just not as much.
    I just joined the Slim Down in 8 Weeks Challenge at Everyday Health (http://www.everydayhealth.com/videos/8-week-slim-down.aspx) and have been using my walking as the cardio (and still getting in a mile or so every morning as part of my waking up routine!).
    I don't know how much of the challenge I'll be able to do but I have gotten pretty good at modifying moves I can't do.
    One thing--I WAS able to do the push-up moves (most of them, anyway)! A few months ago I couldn't even do a proper 'girly' push-up and now I can do some 'real' ones!

Welcome to all our new walkers. This is a great group!
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while--internet provider problems and just REALLY busy! I've been walking, though, just not as much.
    I just joined the Slim Down in 8 Weeks Challenge at Everyday Health (http://www.everydayhealth.com/videos/8-week-slim-down.aspx) and have been using my walking as the cardio (and still getting in a mile or so every morning as part of my waking up routine!).
    I don't know how much of the challenge I'll be able to do but I have gotten pretty good at modifying moves I can't do.
    One thing--I WAS able to do the push-up moves (most of them, anyway)! A few months ago I couldn't even do a proper 'girly' push-up and now I can do some 'real' ones!

Welcome to all our new walkers. This is a great group!

GOOD JOB ON THE "GIRLY PUSH-UPS" :laugh: I give you alot of credit for trying.

Checking in too. I got 2.5 today! Did I say I wanted to increase my miles? Seem like as soon as I said it my foot started hurting, dang it! :grumble:
  • sandara
    Options
    AZ - I agree, there are days that I know I wouldn't have walked if it weren't for having to report in here. lol

Pmj - Pushups are an awesome accomplishment. I have never been able to do them. I have weak wrists (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) The closest I came was when I was trying the Slim in 6. I need to get back to some strength training too but I barely find the time to walk during the week.

I did manage to get in 2 more miles this evening (didn't think I would be home in time). I did the 2-mile Big burn with intervals. It's a very good 2 miler!

Tomorrow is Friday FINALLY! YAY! :drinker:
  • DesertCowgirl
    DesertCowgirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Had Dr. appointment yesterday and got my flu shot. Don't know if that was the reason for my aching body last night or if it was because of the sudden turn of weather. Anyway, did just two miles this morning and skipped the walk this evening. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ease back for a day.
  • iluvwdw
    Options
    I did another mile tonight, don't see that my post showed up. My ticker info seems to be gone, so will have to check that tomorrow.

I am now up to 26 miles so far for my own records. :bigsmile:
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    well yesterday I had no energy for nothing, but today feeling better, got 3 miles in,
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Sandy--My problem with push-ups is my shoulders. I was in a bicycle accident 9 years ago and caught myself on my forearms. It wasn't a problem at the time as we were all much more focused on my very badly broken leg. Long story short--I don't want to have surgery because of the possibility of losing my fine motor skills. I wouldn't be able to make my jewelry if that happened! They just ache every now and then but they have obviously gotten much stronger!

I did a mile this morning and plan on another couple of miles. I am going to try a walking workout by Chris Freytag that I have downloaded from exercisetv.tv--just to try something new!