Snacking too much!

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    if anyone wants a chuckle checkout Kady's diary …Johnsonville Sausage, chipolte burrito, etc ..< are those clean and non processed?

I'm sure Johnsonville makes organic sausage. Surely she isn't some kind of hypocrite who dared to get angry at being told that restriction isn't something most people need! Because that would be unheard of and has in fact never happened in the history of MFP ever!

In this subforum.

Today.

In the past ten minutes.

LOL the entry was regular johnsonville sausage and not "organic" ….
  • karincollado
    Options
    yea fit them in your caloric goal...but better yet, why not just make healthier versions of your favorite snacks already? just make a switch. For example, instead of eating fries, go ahead and bake yourself some sweet potato fries....instead of eating cheesecake, make yourself a cheesecake out of greek yogurt, protein powder, lemon, egg whites and truvia believe me it tastes just as good but so much healthier for you...instead of eating chocolate pudding, go ahead and take some greek yogurt, teaspoon of truvia, 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and youre good to go add some berries....
    just make healthier options for the junk foods that you already love and itll help you transition and wean yourself off of it slowly
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    In for nonsense.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    if anyone wants a chuckle checkout Kady's diary …Johnsonville Sausage, chipolte burrito, etc ..< are those clean and non processed?

I'm sure Johnsonville makes organic sausage. Surely she isn't some kind of hypocrite who dared to get angry at being told that restriction isn't something most people need! Because that would be unheard of and has in fact never happened in the history of MFP ever!

In this subforum.

Today.

In the past ten minutes.

Don't forget the added sugar at breakfast
  • jonnythan
    Options
    yea fit them in your caloric goal...but better yet, why not just make healthier versions of your favorite snacks already? just make a switch. For example, instead of eating fries, go ahead and bake yourself some sweet potato fries....instead of eating cheesecake, make yourself a cheesecake out of greek yogurt, protein powder, lemon, egg whites and truvia believe me it tastes just as good but so much healthier for you...instead of eating chocolate pudding, go ahead and take some greek yogurt, teaspoon of truvia, 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and youre good to go add some berries....
    just make healthier options for the junk foods that you already love and itll help you transition and wean yourself off of it slowly

Because when I want some McD's fries, a few pieces of baked sweet potato just make me sad.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

In this subforum.

Today.

In the past ten minutes.

I don't think they make an organic one, actually. I wouldn't know though because I don't send my money on not having my food preserved and protected from bugs and stuff.
  • Achrya
    Options

Doesn't pudding have like...40 calories a serving? Are we really finding issue with pudding now?

PUDDING?

http://www.snackpack.com/products/low-calorie-snacks.jsp

60-90 calories depending on flavor. Just eat the damn pudding
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

Doesn't pudding have like...40 calories a serving? Are we really finding issue with pudding now?

PUDDING?

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I eat both ... And I never go for the "low fat" carp unless I think it tastes better. I love greek yogurt, but I'm going for the full fat instead of the FF or FF regular yogurt. People think that I am a "clean eater" because I don't eat rice/pasta/bread often, but I honestly just don't crave them or eat a ton of carbs because that is my taste preference, not a low carb fad. That being said, I love chocolate covered granola bars. I would pick a chocolate covered granola bar over an actual chocolate bar... NOT based on which is healthier, but because I love a good chocolatey peanut buttery granola bar.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a clean eater, but I like what I like and that's eating clean 100%. If it fits into my macros, I'll eat it. I just ate a peanut butter brownie...cause I could. And that's after eating three balanced healthy meals... AND I still have calories left over to have another one if I really wanted (but it's getting a little late for me to keep eating without going into late night snacking territory).
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Because when I want some McD's fries, a few pieces of baked sweet potato just make me sad.

Just drench that baked sweet potato in half a stick of butter and everything will be right with the world again! I only say that because I can never manage to get the McD's fries when they're fresh, and that's the only time they're worth it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

because when I want fries, I want to have fries…if I want sweet potato fries I order those…I love cheesecake, if I want cheesecake I want the real thing…and they are not Junk, they are just food..

what are you weaning yourself off of? Food you love..?

digity, digity, derp …geez
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So here's my question, how many of the people who pontificate on here about the scary chemicals and processed foods actually have a degree in chemistry? Heck I'll give you just a flat out science degree of any kind? Have taken organic chemistry? Know a thing past high school education about chemistry? Because I have yet to meet a single person who gets worked up about this topic who actually has the necessary training in chemistry to know what they're talking about.

I happen to know a few chemists and I don't want ANY of their bodies or health issues. That's like expecting a doctor not to smoke, drink or otherwise participate in unhealthy activities. Argumentation fail.

P.S. I don't really eat clean. But I was a Rhetoric student and this is a poor argument technique.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I have a degree in biology and another in public health. Not that it's relevant.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    So here's my question, how many of the people who pontificate on here about the scary chemicals and processed foods actually have a degree in chemistry? Heck I'll give you just a flat out science degree of any kind? Have taken organic chemistry? Know a thing past high school education about chemistry? Because I have yet to meet a single person who gets worked up about this topic who actually has the necessary training in chemistry to know what they're talking about.

I happen to know a few chemists and I don't want ANY of their bodies or health issues. That's like expecting a doctor not to smoke, drink or otherwise participate in unhealthy activities. Argumentation fail.

P.S. I don't really eat clean. But I was a Rhetoric student and this is a poor argument technique.

Then keep studying because you missed the point
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm really surprised at how antagonistic this discussion became.
  • Achrya
    Options

I can actually hear the woosh of you missing the point.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I personally hate to feel snacky. It feels like I'm hungry, but not hungry, and it makes me feel off. I'm almost scared to say it because of how mean people are being on here, but I usually make a pitcher full of whole juice from something like half a pear, celery, kale, water, and cucumber. It seems to make me feel better.

If I just want a treat, I have a treat, but the snacky feeling I'm describing above is different.

For the sake of being candid, I eat mostly whole foods, but I also eat stuff like pizza and wine if it fits my calories.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

Do they teach whining in rhetoric class?
  • Achrya
    Options

Hang out a while, your mind will be blown.

176297__UNOPT__safe_animated.gif
  • WALKSMARATHONS60
    Options
    Out of curiosity. What are your thoughts about eating junk food even though you stay within your daily caloric goal? I have such a hard time getting any control over my snacking habits, but I'm wondering if it will prevent my weight loss progress.

Your choice of what you put into your body is far more important than the number of calories you take in. Remember, when you eat JUNK............ YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. For example, eating a bowl of sugary cereal is the same as shooting up heroin.