Snacking too much!

Options

Replies

• cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. It started in earnest when someone said that things she can't pronounce are automatically bad.

Hey, being too stupid/lazy to learn 'big words' is a legitimate reason to not eat certain things. Words are scary!

they are, but not half as much as the chemicals they describe. :wink:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think it does nothing to satisfy your long term goal assuming those are to be healthier and maintain a healthy weight. Having one ding dong instead of two - will help you lose weight in the short term but where are you going to end up in the long run....Of course, that's just my opinion. Do whatever your heart desires.

Lemme guess, you eat 'clean' and a ding dong is 'dirty'?

Do you have a problem with this? As I said - it's just my opinion. When I am hungry - I dont go for a sugary processed food that will leave me feeling unsatisfied, stilll hungry, kind of gross and eventually kind of tired. I work out intensely and I need my body to perform and ding dongs just arent going to hack it.

Because if you enjoy something, eat it.
    People are classifying foods as 'clean' and 'dirty' which is essentially demonizing food.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a ding dong.

Ps - this whole thing where people ask questions and others give advice, does not mean it is a forum for your snide remarks, ok? ADVICE, OPINIONS, ETC they are all different - do what works for you but dont bash what works for me. ok cupcake?

boom!

:drinker:

Except you missed the part where labeling foods as "bad" or "junk" is inherently judgmental/bashing/fear-mongering. You like living your life that way good and great, you start calling my life choices "junk", YOU'RE the one making an issue of it.

remind me who was addressing you when they called it junk?

were you even in the thread at that point?

if you have a right to eat it and say what you want, we have a right to consider certain foods junk. see how that works? the only difference is you guys have a mob that likes to hop together from thread to thread so you get to shout down those who have opinions different from yours.

You can yell and scream all you want, but that doesn't make my opinion that a ding dong is junk less valid.

No we shoot down the BS claims of people who try to tell others that certain foods are inherently bad or that someone else's personal choices are junk.

I don't tell you or Kady that your food is junk. But you both say my food is junk. See the problem?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think it does nothing to satisfy your long term goal assuming those are to be healthier and maintain a healthy weight. Having one ding dong instead of two - will help you lose weight in the short term but where are you going to end up in the long run....Of course, that's just my opinion. Do whatever your heart desires.

Do you have a problem with this? As I said - it's just my opinion. When I am hungry - I dont go for a sugary processed food that will leave me feeling unsatisfied, stilll hungry, kind of gross and eventually kind of tired. I work out intensely and I need my body to perform and ding dongs just arent going to hack it.

People are classifying foods as 'clean' and 'dirty' which is essentially demonizing food.

Ps - this whole thing where people ask questions and others give advice, does not mean it is a forum for your snide remarks, ok? ADVICE, OPINIONS, ETC they are all different - do what works for you but dont bash what works for me. ok cupcake?

boom!

Except you missed the part where labeling foods as "bad" or "junk" is inherently judgmental/bashing/fear-mongering. You like living your life that way good and great, you start calling my life choices "junk", YOU'RE the one making an issue of it.

if you have a right to eat it and say what you want, we have a right to consider certain foods junk. see how that works? the only difference is you guys have a mob that likes to hop together from thread to thread so you get to shout down those who have opinions different from yours.

You can yell and scream all you want, but that doesn't make my opinion that a ding dong is junk less valid.

I don't see how eating one ding dong and staying in a calorie deficit makes it "junk food"….
  • cwsreddy
    Options

boom!

No we shoot down the BS claims of people who try to tell others that certain foods are inherently bad or that someone else's personal choices are junk.

I don't tell you or Kady that your food is junk. But you both say my food is junk. See the problem?

the problem is you'd have a tough time backing up the claim that kale is junk. :wink:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

boom!

I don't see how eating one ding dong and staying in a calorie deficit makes it "junk food"….

Besides .. Ding Dongs are just cake. And cake is healthy. Bill Cosby addresses this quite clearly.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

boom!

really simple. just because something fits in your macros doesn't make that particular food as healthful and nutritious as another option.

is it fine to eat a ding dong now and again, sure. is it fine to splurge and eat nothing but crap for a day every now and again, sure. should you cut anything out of your diet because it's "bad"? for the most part no.

that does not mean a kale salad = a ding dong. get it? one is more healthful and nutritious than the other.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

boom!

As valid as any opinion is, which is to say, absolutely worthless. Present me with verifiable and replicable data and I'll tolerate the "bad" label.

And the "you" was a general place holder, which you perfectly well know, but go ahead and split hairs all you want.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

boom!

the problem is you'd have a tough time backing up the claim that kale is junk. :wink:

And you have had a tough time backing up the claim that ding dongs are junk.

Youll live longer eating nothing but ding dongs than nothing but kale, after all.
  • sullus
    Options
    that does not mean a kale salad = a ding dong. get it? one is more healthful and nutritious than the other.

The ding dong is arguably more nutritious than kale.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

And you have had a tough time backing up the claim that ding dongs are junk.

Youll live longer eating nothing but ding dongs than nothing but kale, after all.

1) i doubt it and 2) what kind of quality of life would that be?

don't answer though because this isn't a conversation I'm interested in having.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Cool-Muppets-Cupcakes-570x362.jpg

Ho-Hos.jpg

homemade%2Boatmeal%2Bcream%2Bpies.jpg
  • cwsreddy
    Options

fine. nevermind. make that argument please.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

boom!

really simple. just because something fits in your macros doesn't make that particular food as healthful and nutritious as another option.

is it fine to eat a ding dong now and again, sure. is it fine to splurge and eat nothing but crap for a day every now and again, sure. should you cut anything out of your diet because it's "bad"? for the most part no.

I don't think anyone made the claim that kale = a ding dong…

and to your fist point …you pretty much just agreed with what everyone has been saying to the OP …so why come in here complaining when you actually agree with what the majority of people are saying?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

boom!

Straw-man argument, I haven't seen anyone on this site claiming that some foods don't have a higher nutrient value than others. But I have seen PLENTY of people trying to claim that these so called "bad" foods are responsible for an entire plethora of ailments when they have absolutely NO evidence to back the claims.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

I don't think anyone made the claim that kale = a ding dong…

and to your fist point …you pretty much just agreed with what everyone has been saying to the OP …so why come in here complaining when you actually agree with what the majority of people are saying?

because I wholeheartedly disagree with the manner in which it's said.

please re-read and tell me that ALL of you were the pinnacle of respect and politeness. :flowerforyou:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    What if we wrap the ding dong in kale?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Why would you ruin a perfectly good snack cake by wrapping it in a weird garnish?
  • cwsreddy
    Options

Straw-man argument, I haven't seen anyone on this site claiming that some foods don't have a higher nutrient value than others. But I have seen PLENTY of people trying to claim that these so called "bad" foods are responsible for an entire plethora of ailments when they have absolutely NO evidence to back the claims.

So you don't believe that the SAD is responsible for America's obesity and overall health woes? Huh. Because I'm pretty sure every scientist, nutritionist and doctor would disagree with you on that one.
  • sullus
    Options

fine. nevermind. make that argument please.

nu·tri·tious
    n(y)o͞oˈtriSHəs/Submit
    adjective
    nourishing; efficient as food.

By that definition, the higher Carbs, Protein and Fat in a ding dong could arguably make it more nourishing or efficient as food.

You can't eat enough Kale to nourish your body properly. It's not efficient as food.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Why would you ruin a perfectly good snack cake by wrapping it in a weird garnish?

Fair point. What if I place a small piece of kale on the plate somewhere?