Snacking too much!

Options

Replies

• DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't consider any foods technically off limits, except apples because my body seems to think they are poison and then I feel like I'm dying. That being said I'm also greedy and stingy with my calories. I don't buy a box of oreos because I have trouble with moderation with 2 cookies is 140 calories. I could eat all my calories in oreos (easily) but I would be so cranky all day. I want the most food I can eat and stay within macros. Does that sound weird? I can't even buy s'mores cereal any more because I want to eat the whole box in a day.

if you know your trigger foods then it is probably best not to keep them in the house until you have taught yourself moderation ..

Right now i have about four containers of talenti gelato in my freezer, and a box of pepperidge farm dark chocolate cookies in the kitchen …but I can have one serving of either and be fine….

This works for me as well or I limit those things to when I'm at a friend's house or out. Like I don't keep soda at home but when I'm out at a place with one of those coke freestyle machines then I get my cherry vanilla dr. pepper and enjoy it. I actually have some hershey's kisses that I got for Christmas from a friend that I haven't eaten because I really don't like them. So I suppose it goes the other way too - if you really don't like something you don't have to eat it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think it does nothing to satisfy your long term goal assuming those are to be healthier and maintain a healthy weight. Having one ding dong instead of two - will help you lose weight in the short term but where are you going to end up in the long run....Of course, that's just my opinion. Do whatever your heart desires.

Lemme guess, you eat 'clean' and a ding dong is 'dirty'?

Do you have a problem with this? As I said - it's just my opinion. When I am hungry - I dont go for a sugary processed food that will leave me feeling unsatisfied, stilll hungry, kind of gross and eventually kind of tired. I work out intensely and I need my body to perform and ding dongs just arent going to hack it.

Because if you enjoy something, eat it.
    People are classifying foods as 'clean' and 'dirty' which is essentially demonizing food.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a ding dong.

There are many things wrong with a ding dong starting with the long list of **** in it that I cant pronounce. But anyway, do what you will - I only offer my advice.

So if you can't pronounce it, you can't know much else about it.

You're actually telling people there's something wrong with a food because you don't know stuff about it.

Well, ignorance breeds fear. We're scared of the unknown and all that.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity. What are your thoughts about eating junk food even though you stay within your daily caloric goal? I have such a hard time getting any control over my snacking habits, but I'm wondering if it will prevent my weight loss progress.

Your choice of what you put into your body is far more important than the number of calories you take in. Remember, when you eat JUNK............ YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. For example, eating a bowl of sugary cereal is the same as shooting up heroin.

oh for the love of god enough with this BS ….

sugar cereal = shooting up heroin …get the over yourself man…

according you my daily bowl of ice cream is equal to shooting up heroin…LOL …this is so dumb I can't even laugh...

No, he clearly said CEREAL is like shooting up heroin. I think a bowl of Ice Cream is more like doing meth.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think it does nothing to satisfy your long term goal assuming those are to be healthier and maintain a healthy weight. Having one ding dong instead of two - will help you lose weight in the short term but where are you going to end up in the long run....Of course, that's just my opinion. Do whatever your heart desires.

Do you have a problem with this? As I said - it's just my opinion. When I am hungry - I dont go for a sugary processed food that will leave me feeling unsatisfied, stilll hungry, kind of gross and eventually kind of tired. I work out intensely and I need my body to perform and ding dongs just arent going to hack it.

People are classifying foods as 'clean' and 'dirty' which is essentially demonizing food.

There are many things wrong with a ding dong starting with the long list of **** in it that I cant pronounce. But anyway, do what you will - I only offer my advice.

You're actually telling people there's something wrong with a food because you don't know stuff about it.

she is the one that was in the paleo/primal thread and you called her out for not eating "primal" in december or something …you went through her diary and nailed her…it was pretty hilarious….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Out of curiosity. What are your thoughts about eating junk food even though you stay within your daily caloric goal? I have such a hard time getting any control over my snacking habits, but I'm wondering if it will prevent my weight loss progress.

Your choice of what you put into your body is far more important than the number of calories you take in. Remember, when you eat JUNK............ YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. For example, eating a bowl of sugary cereal is the same as shooting up heroin.

according you my daily bowl of ice cream is equal to shooting up heroin…LOL …this is so dumb I can't even laugh...

No, he clearly said CEREAL is like shooting up heroin. I think a bowl of Ice Cream is more like doing meth.

ohhhhh even better, so my ice cream habit is like a meth habit….sweet!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

In for meth...I guess. :huh:
  • jonnythan
    Options

she is the one that was in the paleo/primal thread and you called her out for not eating "primal" in december or something …you went through her diary and nailed her…it was pretty hilarious….

No that was AsaThorsWoman. Would have been funny though.
  • ndj1979
    Options

No that was AsaThorsWoman. Would have been funny though.

of for real? I thought it was the same person for some weird reason …
  • sullus
    Options

In for meth...I guess. :huh:

h7D3FD0A1
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options

Ps - this whole thing where people ask questions and others give advice, does not mean it is a forum for your snide remarks, ok? ADVICE, OPINIONS, ETC they are all different - do what works for you but dont bash what works for me. ok cupcake?

boom!

:drinker:
  • cwsreddy
    Options
    hahahaha you guys are so predictable. legitimate question followed legitimate offers of help and then BAM in comes the IIFYM brigade to harass, belittle and annoy.

gotta love MFP.

yall need to get some hobbies. I hear House of Cards is great.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    hahahaha you guys are so predictable. legitimate question followed legitimate offers of help and then BAM in comes the IIFYM brigade to harass, belittle and annoy.

gotta love MFP.

Yeah, cereal = heroin was super legitimate.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

gotta love MFP.

You guys started up way before that and you know it. Ding dongs and cupcakes come to mind.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Oh yeah. It started in earnest when someone said that things she can't pronounce are automatically bad.
  • sullus
    Options

gotta love MFP.

Well nobody thought that post was serious, did they?

DID THEY??
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Ps - this whole thing where people ask questions and others give advice, does not mean it is a forum for your snide remarks, ok? ADVICE, OPINIONS, ETC they are all different - do what works for you but dont bash what works for me. ok cupcake?

boom!

Except you missed the part where labeling foods as "bad" or "junk" is inherently judgmental/bashing/fear-mongering. You like living your life that way good and great, you start calling my life choices "junk", YOU'RE the one making an issue of it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. It started in earnest when someone said that things she can't pronounce are automatically bad.

Hey, being too stupid/lazy to learn 'big words' is a legitimate reason to not eat certain things. Words are scary!
  • ndj1979
    Options

gotta love MFP.

Well nobody thought that post was serious, did they?

DID THEY??

beats me….that guy never came back to clarify one way or the other…I assumed he was serious…and I have heard other people make the sugar to heroin comparison...
  • cwsreddy
    Options

boom!

Except you missed the part where labeling foods as "bad" or "junk" is inherently judgmental/bashing/fear-mongering. You like living your life that way good and great, you start calling my life choices "junk", YOU'RE the one making an issue of it.

remind me who was addressing you when they called it junk?

were you even in the thread at that point?

if you have a right to eat it and say what you want, we have a right to consider certain foods junk. see how that works? the only difference is you guys have a mob that likes to hop together from thread to thread so you get to shout down those who have opinions different from yours.

You can yell and scream all you want, but that doesn't make my opinion that a ding dong is junk less valid.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    In purely to find out what a Ding Dong is. Do you eat it or shag it?
    hostess-ding-dong.jpeg

....so..uh... both?

Hnnnng I want a ding dong now..