Calories in a Strawberry

Options

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason I'm having hard time finding the answer....the stuff in the database is just odd.

The best I can find is that for 4 strawberries (whole), it's about 150 calories....that sound about right? I blend 4 strawberries, 1/2 banana and 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein for one hell of a delicious shake.

I'm just wondering about the calories, I'm seeing anywhere between like 60 and 150.

They seem to be just regular size strawberries.

No that is too much, unless they are strawberries the size of a medium apple. I did quite some research earlier today ( because it's strawberry season where I live !) and 100grs of strawberries are 32 calories ( Backed up by USDA and WHO). I can't imagine that 4 strawberries weigh a pound......
    If you are the person who told me in another thread she did not have a scale and was not going to buy one....well, I will not suggest that you weigh those berries. It would mean that in the absense of a scale, you always will have to guess....
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    How do you know when an entry in the database is the "official" entry?

I check usually "USDA" like " fresh strawberries - USDA " or I check if there are confirmations. If there are a decent number, I assume that the number is at least close to being correct, because I know that nothing in the field of nutrition is 100%.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    somebody didn't actually read the thread and is jumping to conclusions. I asked about the calories in one strawberry not to use or the need or want of a food scale. it's amazing how you just pick and choose what you want to read and then based your assumptions of of that to me that's a pretty poor taste. how about reading first

I'm wondering how you're logging accurately at all if you thought 4 strawberries weighed 100 grams.

For me at least, the whole point in counting calories is to learn how to accurately estimate proper portion sizes. How do you do that if you don't know what those portion sizes look like?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    I don't know weights LOL, I just figured 1 large strawberry was 100g LOL

A digital food scale would be a good thing to get.
  • ScorpFox
    ScorpFox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for making me laugh. This was hysterical!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Now I am craving strawberries!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    somebody didn't actually read the thread and is jumping to conclusions. I asked about the calories in one strawberry not to use or the need or want of a food scale. it's amazing how you just pick and choose what you want to read and then based your assumptions of of that to me that's a pretty poor taste. how about reading first

I'm wondering how you're logging accurately at all if you thought 4 strawberries weighed 100 grams.

For me at least, the whole point in counting calories is to learn how to accurately estimate proper portion sizes. How do you do that if you don't know what those portion sizes look like?

It was ONE STRAWBERRY.....Jesus ****ing Christ people. Make one mistake and you people think your life is over...what the **** is wrong with you people
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Fixed it in my diary....I'm now negative net calories after I get done eating all the food I've logged for my work shift!

Ummm - you're doing it wrong. Negative net calories isn't a good thing.

NO way....really??? Negative calories is bad??? OMG IM GOING TO DIEEEEE!!!! This was food for my WORK shift....no the entire damn day.

So no....Im NOT doing it wrong...or maybe I need to stand on a food scale and log my food....will that help?

Oh dear - someone is cranky. Or seriously hangry. Poor thing.

Nope. I got my answer a long time ago at this point I'm just trolling my own thread
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I am beyond glad that I bought 4 pounds of strawberries yesterday. This thread has been good for laughs and for making me crave strawberries.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    All I can say is I am beyond glad that I bought 4 pounds of strawberries yesterday. This thread has been good for laughs and for making me crave strawberries.

You mean you bought 18 strawberries?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't know weights LOL, I just figured 1 large strawberry was 100g LOL

get a food scale…seriously, now….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I haven't read the replies yet...

...but my advice for OP is to buy a digital kitchen scale.

as opposed to a digital scale that meth users, use?
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Ohhhhh......I can use that??? Why didn't someone say so in the first place???!!!!

Now my life is complete.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I was just trying to keep things classy.
  • carolina822
    carolina822 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I have a food scale and I'm pretty good about weighing things, but I still have no concept of how much 100 grams is. I can eyeball ounces, or cups, or tablespoons, but no matter how many times I look up the conversion or switch the units on my scale, I'm always surprised at how much (how little?) I get for 100g.

It's a total mental block - lol.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I was just trying to keep things classy.
    stay classy Joff, stay classy ….
  • rogerhartford
    Options
    So, I guess that's a no to the scale....
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

It was ONE STRAWBERRY.....Jesus ****ing Christ people. Make one mistake and you people think your life is over...what the **** is wrong with you people

We're hangry, too? :wink:
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did OP ever get a scale?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Did OP ever get a scale?

I don't know but I'm glad this thread is back for lols.