Calories in a Strawberry

Options
123457»

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!

Shocklingly lost over 10lbs since this thread without one!

Some would have you believe if you don't have one you won't lose weight!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    NOPE!!

Shocklingly lost over 10lbs since this thread without one!

Some would have you believe if you don't have one you won't lose weight!

Congrats on the weight loss! That is awesome!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    unfortunately im gonna have to side with OP on this one. some people just dont need a scale. if your good at estimating your calories and you have a great enough deficit in your daily intake to cover up any margin of error then a scale isnt a necessity, ive been doing quite well without one.

that being said, when i get down to my goal weight (or if i find im stalling for a couple weeks) im going to end up getting one to narrow down my intake
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    unfortunately im gonna have to side with OP on this one. some people just dont need a scale. if your good at estimating your calories and you have a great enough deficit in your daily intake to cover up any margin of error then a scale isnt a necessity, ive been doing quite well without one.

that being said, when i get down to my goal weight (or if i find im stalling for a couple weeks) im going to end up getting one to narrow down my intake

Why unfortunately? It works with him, awesome. I lost 90+ lbs without a food scale. I use one now that im within about 10 lbs of my goal.

DEATH TO THE SCALES!
  • dabucks
    dabucks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Joe you would've lost more weight if you used the scale. I bring mine everywhere, my wife thinks I'm weird when I ask for 2 plates at nice restaurants just so I can zero out the scale every time I move food over to the new plate. Whatever she's the crazy one, I *know* my intake.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Omg......you are sooooo right!! I could have doubled...no, TRIPLED my weight loss!! I could be 148lbs right now!!! FML...sigh
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,051 Member
    Options
    Joe you would've lost more weight if you used the scale. I bring mine everywhere, my wife thinks I'm weird when I ask for 2 plates at nice restaurants just so I can zero out the scale every time I move food over to the new plate. Whatever she's the crazy one, I *know* my intake.

am curious as to why OP should want to have "lost more weight" ? - he has lost at steady rate and is almost to his goal.

What he is doing is working well for him ( other than one small misunderstanding about standard strawberry sizes :laugh: )
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The chocolate covered strawberries I gave my wife for Mother's Day are 170 calories/serving...except the serving size is 2.7 oz. but they're all bigger than that...and one of them was 4 oz.!

I know this...because I have a digital scale...and I used it to weigh strawberries.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options

That is awesome!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i dont even know who's trolling who in this thread anymore
  • joehempel
    Options

It's probably best that way :D
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

It's trolls...

...all the way down.
  • Jeslefisch
    Jeslefisch Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    somebody didn't actually read the thread and is jumping to conclusions. I asked about the calories in one strawberry not to use or the need or want of a food scale. it's amazing how you just pick and choose what you want to read and then based your assumptions of of that to me that's a pretty poor taste. how about reading first
    pst.

you cannot tell how many calories are in a strawberry unless you weigh it.

:flowerforyou:

Meh - strawberries don't have that many calories ( 6 per large strawberry according to data base) and they don't vary that much in size, anyone who eats strawberries regularly can say whether said strawberry is large or medium and calorie difference between different sized strawberries is only going to be a couple of calories anyway and OP was only talking about 4 of them - I think one can safely say an estimate in size would not be a big deal here.

I agree, don't have to get all upset about the food scale thing. what works for some doesn't always work for others. you CAN lose weight without a food scale!!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    The chocolate covered strawberries I gave my wife for Mother's Day are 170 calories/serving...except the serving size is 2.7 oz. but they're all bigger than that...and one of them was 4 oz.!

I know this...because I have a digital scale...and I used it to weigh strawberries.

Now I'm confused. ..Mother's Day isn't until Sunday so what day do those calories get tracked?
  • joehempel
    Options
    Mothers Day calories dont count no matter when you eat them. Just claim mothers day and your body knows. Its science!