WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2014

Options

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    TGIF~~going home tonite after being at son`s all week.Think hubby misses me.:cry:
    Sylvia-awesome job!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Barbie-love the graph,how true.
    Have a great day!!!
    hugs:heart::heart: :heart:
    jane::
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Well, I just came to the studio and looked at the thread on my desktop and the pics are NOT upside down. It must just be my iPad. Crazy!

I feel like such a fraud, holding up that huge pair of pants, and have to keep reminding myself that Yes, those WERE mine and yes, they DID fit. It feels so great, and I want to commit this feeling to memory so I never EVER go back there. I'm afraid of getting lazy and backsliding, which is what I have done in the past. Now I can look at that picture and it will remind me.

Do you think I should post it in the Success Story section or wait till I've lost the rest?

It was springtime here for a couple of days, but they are saying snow again on Sunday. Good grief!

My grandson is in the lounge area of my studio playing with my iPad. I wish they had those when my son was little. It's a really good babysitter. Of course, I won't let him do it for very long. I'd hate it if he figured out how to buy stuff. I downloaded some free games but they all seem to have screens that don't work unless you pay for them. Bait and switch, I think.

Cindy, you are having a kitchen remodeled in less than a week? When we did ours it was three months, or at least it seemed like it.

Katla, Im so glad you are having a fun trip. Drive safely!

Sylvia
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Yep, they said they would be done within a week. We are keeping the cabinets, everything else will be new, floors, countertops, paint, lights. May be a small army in there next week!
  • ZaftigLor
    ZaftigLor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump. (I'm a newbie and lurking on your thread, just getting to know you and appreciating your supportive chatter with each other. I'm bumping so I can come back to this topic ... If anyone is interested / willing, I'm looking for friends ....)

Lorraine in Toronto
  • ZaftigLor
    ZaftigLor Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm trying again.
    [img]http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd389/sshirleyks/Mobile Uploads/image.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd389/sshirleyks/Mobile Uploads/image-1.jpg[/img]

Sylvia

Darn! I'm standing on my head again. Don't know why. Do the pictures show upside down on your devices? Maybe it's just my ipad.

Wow, Sylvia - just WOW!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Everyone in Ontario
    Lee, Juanita, Sandy, LinC---and anyone from there I may have missed: they showed a ship cutting the ice on the Rideau River on the station I was watching this am..........looks terribly cold there and that ice was THICK; I know my cousin who lives on Lake Rideau is pretty sick of it this winter (she moved there from New Jersey!!!).

Cindy in OK...........love your bluebird!

Rita..........Nice to see you pop in.........hopes that your stress level is lowering. ((((Hugs))))

Heather.........A great hairdresser is always a plus in life!!! Safe travels and fun times.

Katla.........Safe travels and fun times to you too..........sounds like you are very happy with the SUV, glad that is the case!

DebA........Happy your power loss was short and your pipes didn't freeze.

Meg............YES!!!! Super that you took the day!

Sylvia.............AMAZING!!!!!! You look fabulous!!!!! So glad your son got that prn anti anxiety med; keeping his stress level down is important with all he is facing ((((Hugs))))) to you too.

Dee Dee..........Enjoy your birthday dinner out for your daughter!!!! How are your cherry blossoms coming? I must get back to the park and see just how ours are progressing.........however yesterday stayed in the 30's again, not promising.

Cynthia..........I'll be printing out "8 Things" It's brilliant!!!

Maggie.............Super congrats on a great start!!!

Welcome any newbies. I have notes to more people but can't read my chicken scratching and the memory is shot; done squinting at the piece of paper.

DD is reading for a class............skip that, just glanced at her...........eyes are closed.

Have healthy days everyone!
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic............sunny with blue, blue skies and supposed to get in the 50's
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sylvia!!!! I remember size 30 jeans also! Now down to a 22 and can't wait til I can get back to misses' sizes - you are my inspiration!:heart:

Alison - Have FUN and enjoy the concert!!! :flowerforyou:

Barbie - love the graph! How true it is!! :laugh:

Last night was below zero-today should be in the upper 30's, so it will feel like summer out there:tongue:

Meg - will be arriving in the big O night of 4/8 - how does that Friday look for you??

Heather - enjoy Scotland - glad to hear your knee is better.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and I am terribly jealous of all of you who have flowers already :blushing:

Jill in wesetrn MA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Cynthia ... Wow! Loved your two posts! Let me just wipe the coffee off my screen that I just spewed after reading what 60 pounds lost is equivalent to! :laugh:

Beth in WNY
    I'll let y'all know when I get there. :bigsmile:

Also wondering who would weigh such things!! :laugh:

SYLVIA!!! What an amazing photo!! You are an inspiration! Many people post progress success stories ... I'm sure there are a lot of people ... male and female .... who would be as inspired as we all are!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Happy Full moon Friday. I have only been at work about 4 hours and I can tell it is a full moon. This is my short shift today, only 8 hours. Have to be in Kearney by 4pm as our CMA group is having their Spring rally. Looking forward to that and also buying acouple new shirts as all my other ones are to big and I gave them away to another member.
    Had supper with DS and family last evening. He is leaving for Denver for trucking school late tonight and to be gone 3 months. I am not thrilled about it, but sounds like they have talked it out and this is what they want. He is leaving wife and two kids here as she works and kids are in school. I just pray it goes well and fast.

Heather--Hope you knee feels better soon. Sounds like you are getting all things ready for your trip. Enjoy and relax.

Lee--sounds very spontaneous and fun. I want to do things more often.

Jane-Hugs!!

Meg-Glad to hear DB is doing well. I go to Hastings for my nails as a friend from CMA does them at her shop. I kept telling myself I would never get them done like this, but tried it to help this person out and dicided I enjoy them. I get bright red or purple and have her put sprarkles on top. makes me feel young. LOL

Plano Terat--hope you and DGD enjoy the movie. We took our DGD and we all loved it.

Sylvia--Hugs and prayers to you and DS. It is not easy when our children are hurting.

This afternoon is to be my last appointment with the chiropractor for my neck from the accident. I am not sure this will happen as it has been hurting alot the last couple days. I just want it done and they be done dealing with the insurance companys. The one for the guy that hit me acts like this is all in my head and I tell them its not my head my neck.

Carol--sure hope they find some answers soon for your son. Sounds like he is going thru so much and there has to be a reason.

Sandy--sorry to hear about your week. I do think it must be the full moon as I feel this has been an strange week and very stressful. Worst part is I can not name what is wrong, just feel it. Telling myself to breath deep and pray.

Michelle--thanks for the info on the DVDs. I will check that out.

Maggie--Welcome and sounds like you are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work and come back and visit us often. This is a great group and so much love and support.

Joyce--we got notice today that they are changing our insurance the first of April. They just changed it the first of the year. Then after the first of
    april we have to check and see if our doctor is on the plan. Makes me so mad they can not stay with something.

Well time to get some work done so I am ready to leave at 2. Hope you all have a nice Friday and log your food and drink our water.
    Blessed, Vicki GI NE
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, you are amazing! I don't see why you feel like a fraud though. You are the real deal, a success story. I know the future with your son will be stressfull though and come to us anytime to vent. PM me if you need to anytime.

Cynthia, well first of all I always have loved your picture, I love the youth-fullness in the hair. I guess I have lost a 5000 BTU air conditioner. I also love the copy you put up regarding how we see ourselves. I need to realize that I am in charge. A failure one day or even one week is just a step in my journey.

Watching a sappy romance I recorded off Hallmark. Got to go shed some tears!

Joyce, Indiana
  • Kayzoola
    Kayzoola Posts: 60
    Options
    Just got back from Bodycombat class. I worked out very hard and was really gasping. It was so hot in that room!

Michelle, you are right, that was the total weight for both sides.

Kerrin, you are the age I was when menopause gave me a few extra pounds. I am still working on losing the last five. It can be done, but it is harder than before. (for me, anyway) Now binging is ok, as long as it is something like kale or cauliflower. :tongue: Sometimes I just feel like I need to bite something!

Sylvia, wowie! You are a winner.

Kayzoola (PNW USA)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies,
    well these allergies I think are kicking my butt,I take flonase every morning ,but right now I feel like I have hit a wall. of course sitting in a dentist chair for an hour and getting a crown prep didnt help. i set myself up for the prep, got up out of the chair picked my own shade of color for the tooth and cleaned up the room, I bet alot of people cant do that lol
    have a load of laundry in, and will have a cup of tea and then hit the hay..
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

Cynthia, well first of all I always have loved your picture, I love the youth-fullness in the hair.
    Joyce, Indiana
    Gosh, thanks! :blushing:
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a good night; thinking of all of you. :flowerforyou:
    Cynthia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    barbie - LOVED the weight loss graph and so very true!

DeeDee - have fun at the birthday party! I know you'll make great choices

kerrin - welcome. Great you're so close to your goal. I usually exercise for at least an hour a day. I, like you, don't feel good if I don't exercise. Honestly, it's almost like an addiction.

Sylvia - your pics posted perfectly. Did you REALLY wear those pants at one time????? Amazing. Loved your new pants. So good to hear that hubby's sleep test went well. All's I can say is AMAZING. Why in the world would you feel like a fraud???

kim - happy anniversary

Lorraine - welcome

Vicki - best for your son. So sorry to hear your neck is still hurting

Joyce - how did you lose an air conditioner? I recorded "the birdges of madison county" but haven't watched it yet. Each and every time I wach "Dr. Zhivago", I always cry. Especially at the beginning when he's at his mother's burial. Maybe because I relate to it. Which sappy romance did you record?

kayzoola - That's some serious weight you put on the bar

Don't ask me why, but I woke up at 4 this morning, went into the living room to watch some TV and fell asleep for a few minutes. Had breakfast, then took my aluminum and coupons to the Humane Society, then went to one food store since that's the ony place where I can get the smaller boxes of almond milk. I think I told you that *I* like it, and you have to finish it within something like 7 days of opening it, and there's no way I can finish it all. So I get the smaller ones. This time I decided to get one vanilla and one chocolate. Then went to the deep water class, then gave the info that I had to the lady who is making the costume for Jessica. I do hope Jessica likes it. Then took my donations to the Salvation Army. Of course, I couldn't not stop in so I got one shirt.

Then went to KMart. I usually don't go there but they are closing that store and I wanted to see what they had. Got a few things, not much. Then to WalMart for a few groceries, then to the Y to give this one guy whose birthday it is today a zucchini apple bread that I made. I may make another one and just not tell Vince that there's zucchini in it. I think I mentioned that I'll make them into minimuffins. Then home. For some reason, I was extremely tired so I went into the living room and relaxed. Made more of the chocolate bran muffins to freeze. Just had dinner. Where is the time going today.

Oh, when I got home I put a load of laundry in the wash. To be honest, I don't remember the dryer going off, I may have snoozed a little. Guess I really should sort that laundry.

Michele in NC
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good eve,all. Just read some of the posts.

Sylvia,prayers for you & your son. You are blessed to have each other.He
    Has surely had more than his share of worry.I think just rest & sleep can help
    Us all at times. Your pics are great. Maybe you can frame the jeans as a "what used to be".

Had lovely weather this wk,no snow. Now TV says we might get some snow/ cold temps Sunday.
    It's been a Looong winter!

Tried a new dish of pasta/asparagus/chicken & veggies today. DH liked it,but to me it needed more flavor.
    Sometimes ppl on eating plans don't use enough of the good stuff,like oil,cheese etc leaving food too
    Bland.I plead guilty! Going to try quinoa chili in slo cooker tomorrow.

Now DH has the cold that has been hanging on to me.Glad we didn't have it at same time.

Gonna be 60* tomorrow!so a good day to run some errands. Have a good wk end. Pat in Ohio
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Michele and Joyce, it just feels like it can't possibly be real. I assure you that I did indeed wear those jeans, and they weren't comfortable because they were a little tight. And they weren't high enough in the back, so when I bent forward on my potters wheel, my rear end was exposed. I have not seen those in over a year and I was shocked at how big they actually are. I do not have a good sense internally of how big I am or how small. In some ways I feel the same as I did at 300 pounds, and the same as I did when I was 100 pounds in high school. I felt like a fraud then too, being anorexic. I felt like bathroom scales were notoriously inaccurate so the only honest thing to do was add 15 or 20 pounds to whatever the scale said. I told my Air Force recruiter that I weighed 120, but he didn't believe me. When he took me down to Los Angeles for my physical he brought along a bag of bananas and chocolate milk. When I went in they said I was underweight (about 105 as I recall) the recruiter made be eat the bananas and drink the chocolate milk and then go back and weigh again. I think I needed to be 107 or something, so I had to eat a lot of bananas. Couldn't look at a banana for years after. And, I threw up those bananas afterward. Yes, I've always been screwed up in the head.

Barbie, I love that chart! I'm going to print that out and put it on the frig.

Menopause was hard on me. It started fairly early, after having a uterine artery embolization (for fibroids) and it stopped the bleeding but pushed me right into menopause. I was 41. I'm 58 now and it still has not ended. I wake up in a puddle of sweat almost every night. I hate it! My sympathies to those of you going through it. What I hate the most is the coarse white hair that popped up on my chin. Can't get rid of it! Laser hair removal says it won't work on white hair. Waxing leaves a big bruise since I'm on blood thinners. Cream removers don't work on that coarse hair. Yanking them out one at a time is the pits. If anybody has a solution I'd love to hear it.

I took grandson home early today and when I picked up the girls I took them out for ice cream and a little shopping, just us girls. They had been feeling bad because their brother had gotten to spend so much time with me this week. So that was really fun, but I have to learn to say no to those little people. It's really hard!

Well, I guess it's time to clean up Bruno's daily mess. Today he brought in half a tree (it seems) and shredded it on the white carpet. But on the plus side, he didn't pull so much tonight on our walk. Hmmm, maybe my pocket full of training treats kept him close, listening for the word "cookie".

I hope you are all having a great evening.

Sylvia
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Whew....

I am really looking forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow. It's weigh in day tomorrow but I'm not expecting good things with everything that's gone on this week.

DD hasn't heard anything about the new job. She's getting discouraged and I'm trying to keep her spirits up but in all honestly I'm getting a bit discouraged. We planned on buying a house together once she has full time employment and in her job for over a year to qualify for a mortgage. I've never had a house and I feel trapped in a small apartment. We've been living here for 7 years this summer. On top of that my ex is delaying the divorce.

Back on track tomorrow!

Sylvia - you look AMAZING!!! You should post in the success story.

It's warmer today and some snow has melted. Sunday back in the deep freeze. Oh yea the winter that won't end!

Sorry to be such a downer tonight. :cry:

:heart: Sandy in ON
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

springsmall.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My mother-in-law sent this to me yesterday, thought you'd all get a kick out of it. Love Spring! Love gardening!

:smile: jb in sunny Portland :love:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Alison: Congrats on a good day. Which refrigerator did you choose?:flowerforyou:

Margaret: I love this, “Goal to do something healthy for myself today, so I will have a healthier tomorrow.” You are wise.:flowerforyou:

Renny: I hope your intent triumphed and you had a fun day.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: You are NOT a fraud. You are the REAL DEAL! I think your success is amazing. Seeing your picture would encourage those who are struggling to think making changes is possible for them, and they can succeed if they work at it. Regarding hair: try waxing at a beauty shop. It is temporary because the hair grows back, so you’ll become a regular customer if you like it. It isn’t expensive in my town.:flowerforyou:

Vicki: Good luck to your son. I hope he has a good experience in trucking school. It would be a challenging lifestyle, but I’ve known folks who thrived.:flowerforyou:

JB in sunny Portland: I love the Landscape Open Now sign. I haven’t needed to wet my plants yet this season…God is doing it for me.:bigsmile:

Lorraine in Toronto: Stick around and get to know people. This is a wonderful group of kind and wise women.:flowerforyou:

We made it from the border of Oregon to the interior of Wyoming today. We had lovely weather, and a good ride, all of it uphill between 60 and 80MPH. MPG was not as stellar today, but is still 26.7, which is good for such a big car climbing big hills at the maximum posted speed limit each state allows. I’m satisfied.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison