WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2014

Options

Replies

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :flowerforyou:

Kim: chard is good in a quiche, just like spinach or something like that.

I slept for about nine hours last night; must have needed it.
    This morning I was down 0.4 kg (almost a pound), for a total of 10.5 kg (about 23 pounds). Yippie!

Hope everyone has a good day; take care of yourself.

Cynthia
  • LizPlus
    LizPlus Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies { New & Old } :flowerforyou:

Still waiting for warmer weather :grumble: ...I would like to try and walk outside but for sure won't do it as long as the wind cuts you in two it is so cold :angry: ...Something that I never had to work so hard for..doing my inside walks till I can get outside....my DH went out and bought me a new *Magic Bag*..yes they can be made at home...I just never tried it but if I keep losing mine that might be something I need to learn :huh:
    My boys were over..they are growing so fast...they had me laughing so hard I cried :heart: My GS gave me his tablet to try as I have been thinking of getting one...mostly as a reader...I like the part where it lights up the words...I find it hard to get enough light to read by......but....I couldn't keep the thing from going too far ahead when I touched it to go to next page and by the time I got back to where I was reading I no longer enjoyed it.....I am just too old to learn that new thing....:grumble: :grumble: ..so back to the books....as long as they keep putting them in books and not e reading or in hardcover :noway: :noway: ...they cost a ton of $$...Thank You God for the Libraries!!! :drinker: {water}
    I pray all you lovely ladies have an enjoyable weekend and Take Care!!

Liz fr Halifax NS { Canada }
    652973xbmvo3zbey.gif
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Lila :smile: Someone on here, maybe Renny or Margaret (can`t remember:blushing: ) said tart cherry juice was good to help you get to sleep! More snow for you:grumble: ….they are saying we could have snow on Tues.:angry: Will this winter ever end!!!

Heather :smile: Glad you`re planning a trip to see the grands in Apri:love: l!!! Savory palmiers sounds delish!!!

Margaret :smile: Sharing coffee:drinker: and water:drinker: !!

Cindy in OK :smile: What color are you painting your kitchen:bigsmile: ?

Michele:smile: Sure wish I could take Sudafed again!!! Did you take it at night or in the morning, I took mine in the morning and never had a problem falling asleep. Sounds like you had a salad for breakfast:laugh: !

Jb :smile: Sounds like a fun event for the adult students, good friends, good music, good wine:bigsmile: !!!

Katla :smile: Hope you enjoyed the garden show:flowerforyou: !

Kim in N CAL :smile: How lucky your neighbor is a massage therapist!!! I can`t believe your 7am appt. was a no show…that is just rude not to let you know:mad: !!! Sounds like Levi forgave you for not keeping to his schedule! Does he enjoy getting a bath?

Lucy :smile: It`s so nice to see your post!!! How odd you got a “congratulations” message for gaining a pound:huh: ! MFP likes to recalculate for every 10 pounds you lose, it takes away some calories…says as we lose we need to cut back even more:sad: ! I`m like you with the weather, I am more than tired of winter!! For a couple of days it`s just beautiful and then we get slammed with cold, rain, snow and ice:explode: ! Happy birthday to your grandson, my oldest granddaughter turned 13 this month too…teenagers:noway: ! Sounds like a great party for your DMIL!!!

Rita :smile: Hi! Hope the stress has eased off some:flowerforyou: !

Carol :smile: Was a gorgeous day yesterday, and supposed to be today too:glasses: ! Can you believe winter is supposed to rear it`s ugly head again on Tues.? Have a wonderful time in Charlotte! I love the Fresh Market, I`m in our local store at least 3 times a week…everyone knows me there:laugh: !

Gloria :smile: Sure is a crappy club to belong to, I`ve been in that club for 12 years now:cry: ! Hope you got some of your “things to do” pile done!

Kayzoola :smile: I LOLed at your post:laugh: , your fur baby taking care of all the mice in your garage so now she`s cleaning the neighbors by bringing them home to you:laugh: !!!

Vicki :smile: Hope you have a splendid day off!!! Your weekend sounds fun!!! Winter hasn`t left us alone here either. Sad about your boss covering for some of the girls, looks like she would want them to do a good job! You know you can vent here anytime you need to, much better to get it out than letting it simmer inside:flowerforyou: !!!

Jane Martin :smile: I love opening the windows and the back door when it`s nice, the house always smells so fresh:flowerforyou: !

Sylvia :smile: Canoeing sounds like so much fun!!! Congrats on your life vest being a bit too loose:bigsmile: , now go get a smaller one that fits before you go again!!! Love the joke:laugh: !

Alison :smile: Take some time to relax girlfriend…you are burning yourself out:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!

Sandy :smile: I have a few muscles I didn`t know I had too:embarassed: ….hope you`re less sore today! Hope everything will go okay with meeting your brother:flowerforyou: !

MA :smile: I love to hear kids laugh, you`re right it is infectious:laugh: !!

Jane Hadji :smile: So sorry Teral wasn`t able to meet you! Hope hubbys back will be feeling better soon:flowerforyou: !

Barbie :smile: When is your birthday? I`ve been here long enough I should know:embarassed: . Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Cynthia :smile: Woo hoo!!! Congrats on that almost pound being gone:bigsmile: !!! I don`t think I`ve ever slept for 9 hours:noway: !

LizPlus :smile: I love it when I laugh so hard I cry, my grandgirls tend to get me laughing like that too:love: ! I have an ipad and I love it most of the time, however I don`t care much for reading on it…I prefer a book I hold in my hand and turn the page. I`m so bad about going to sleep while I`m trying to read, I can only imagine that I would have dropped the ipad and broken it or dropped it on the dog:noway: :laugh: .

It`s supposed to be a gorgeous day today and the boys have decided to meet today instead of our usual Sunday round table meeting (it`s supposed to rain then). Everyone wants to sit outside today:glasses: ! I cannot believe they are saying maybe snow on Tues., will this winter ever end:angry::grumble: :sad: ???? I took my winter coat to the dry cleaners on Thursday and swore I wasn`t going to wear it again for a long while…

Have a wonderful Saturday ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in gorgeous NC:glasses:
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good Morning!

Boy is down with another cold virus so it's looking like a putz around the house sort of day...and there's plenty of putzing to be done thankfully.

Oh Jane, I can't imagine having to go though this 18 more times! With those teeth growing behind before they take the baby teety all I can think is "braces":sad: Maybe they'll slide right into place and I'll get lucky. $$

Michele, if I go missing next week it's a pretty good bet T25 did me in. But seriously, I will be updating and am hoping I get better weight loss results with it than I did with running. I would think/hope since it's more of an all over workout. Time will tell.

Think I might also be ready to take the task of logging food back on starting Monday. Haven't decided if I'm going to do their 5 day fast track "diet" or just do my thing.

Happy day to all
    Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    The huge yard at our old place had most kinds of flowers,tons of beautiful trees.
    After moving,this is the tree I miss the most.
    A miniature flowering dogwood,with both pink & white flowers.

Still don't know how to put the picture on here,but Hope the URL works. Pat in Ohio
    The URL is on here as I type,but doesn't show on the post ...woe is me :cry:

image_zps4121eb72.jpg.html
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I used to get sleepy from Sudafed! Wonder whether they've changed the formula.

I forgot to say: bought new bras yesterday. I always go to a good store where they actually know how to fit you.
    The cup was smaller! :sad: I've always been "well-endowed", but if I keep going I'll have nothing left! :sad:

Cynthia
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, happy Saturday. The painter is coming in this morning to do a couple of finishing touches. We should be through with the kitchen on Tuesday. My new stove arrived yesterday. Next project will be to get the old carpet out of the living room and bedroom and replace it with wood flooring. We had three pugs, now only one left and she is almost 15. :sad: so need new flooring.

Michele, I will let you know how I do with the convection feature on the oven.

DeeDee, the color for the kitchen is Nairobi Dusk, sort of a sunset color, not quite pumpkin, it is Behr paint if you can find it online. Tile is a beige with dark flecks in it. It will be very nice when done.

Sylvia, thank you for the giggle each day.

I have read everyone's posts but am out of time.

Time for yoga, before the painter gets here. Have a wonderful Saturday everyone! :heart: :drinker:

Prayers to all.

Cindy in OK :heart:
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    LOL Cynthia......I returned 2 bras this wk. They fit in the lower part of the cup,but was wrinkly on top :grumble: .Looks like I need to $$ for a fitting. Sigh,now if other parts shrunk !!! We could celebrate????????. Pat in Ohio
    I used to get sleepy from Sudafed! Wonder whether they've changed the formula.

I forgot to say: bought new bras yesterday. I always go to a good store where they actually know how to fit you.
    The cup was smaller! :sad: I've always been "well-endowed", but if I keep going I'll have nothing left! :sad:

Cynthia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all,

Deedee appreciate all your comments helped me get up to date faster.:drinker:

Cindy OK kitchen sounds splendid. Glad progressing nicely.

Liz I sometimes have that problem with my Kindle too. I have learned one side is very sensitive so I find if I prop it on something I have less problems. I love mine because I can make the font bigger. Great for these eyes.:love:

Heather I understand those times when you question relationships with others. This is one of those times for me. I am being careful to be very kind to myself. It is a time I want to spend more time with myself and less with others. Today I plan to take myself to a movie, shopping, and lunch. Don’t get me wrong I love to socialize, but after two challenging classes of students I need some time to myself.

I am agreeing with who ever said it is time to baby myself.

Kim I like that thought too. A business trip with God.

I also like what one of my fitness pal friends, Acogg said. I do the right things for my body. My body will know what to do with it.

Michelle hope you feel better. Your breakfast sounds great for when your sinus act up. When I am coming down with something I make myself a pot of cucumber soup with ginger, garlic, chicken broth, celery and cut out sugar.

Worked three days in a row. First class was great. The next two days were challenging. One of them I will not go back if asked. Now I am trying to catch up with all of you. Have a wonderful day.

Goal:
    To do something healthy for me today, so I have a healthier tomorrow.
    As I said to Heather plan to make a date with myself today.
    2014 word: contentment
    :heart:
    Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was quite a day. I went to a flower show with DSIL and DH and their cousin. I started having pain underneath the left breast, so went to the hospital to get it checked out. After about 12 hours of monitoring, the news is that my heart is just fine and I have acid reflux. This is a problem I've been treated for for years. and evidently the medicine is no longer working. I have to see my doctor when we get home. Yesterday was DH and my 44th anniversary. Not exactly the most fun way to spend the day, but it will probably be one of the most memorable anniversaries.

Katla traveling in Eastern Oregon and Idaho
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: After a lovely day earlier this week we are now back in the 20s but no snow. I have been doing fairly well while on the prednisone, up and down the same two pounds but that is okay with a med that makes you gain weight. I have been exercising a lot while on it to combat the sleeplessness it also causes and that has been working pretty well too although I seem to be tired a lot. However yesterday I put on a flannel shirt I bought last fall that was just a bit tight through the hips and thought that it seemed to fit better. Just for fun I did measurements and although I have not lost any weight I am down 1/2 inch in the hips and 1 inch in the thighs!!!!!! Gives me incentive to keep at it.:bigsmile:

MA in UK - Is what you do with your doodles freestyle agility? I just finished reading a book about a woman who did that with her Sheltie and it sounds kind of like what you do.

Michele - Your exercise program rocks. I was reading the other day about how you should not just repeat the same exercise program over and over because your body accommodates to the exercise and then burns less calories doing the same thing. Boy with the variety of things you do you will never have that problem!!!:laugh:

Today is my last day on antibiotics for the pneumonia. So glad to be done with those. Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sat.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    back to 20 and 30 temps.:sad:
    Hubby is off this week-end.:drinker: :drinker:
    hugs:heart::heart:
    jane
  • tammytylerjones
    tammytylerjones Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • jluna1962
    Options
    well since I have reached 50 I don't have the stamia I used to have but I have to keep on keeping on I realized when my blood work told me if I didn't do something I was going to be diabetic heart problems in the family has also made me realize that I needed to get healthy and my fitnesspal has been an inspiration to me I hope that everybody fines this ap as useful as I do this is an awesome place to start so lets show the world even though we are 50 plus that we are a force to be recognized
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Katla...Happy Anniversary.

Has anyone painted wooden cabinets that are stained wood? I want to do something with my kitchen, but I don't know what. I guess we could re-stain them too. A friend used chalk paint (I think it's called) on hers and liked the use of it. Also...I don't know what color to use. The kitchen is blue. The counters are a wood look laminate. The appliances are off-white. I'm not good at visualizing what something would look like. Wish I were! There is also a door to the garage in there with a stained wooden frame. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Weather has been nice this week, but today will be cooler.

I have some kind of sinus infection so I am laying low for a couple of days. I even skipped zumba, one of my favorite things.

I will try to post a picture of my new grandson today sometime. We think he's a real cutie, of course.

Eileen near San Diego
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone,

Wow! A couple nice warm sunny days and the Bradford pear trees are starting; went through the park but no sign of the cherry trees yet except the buds look more swollen once again........so there is hope. Made it to yoga this am, opted for another cup of tea and didn't make tai chi though. Breakfast afterward at IHOP with the usual people; substituted fruit cup for hash browns. Too busy and not getting enough sleep this past week.

jb...........Hope your event was a smashing success!

Lucy.......I am in the same place as you on the regain business..........so, I hear you loud and clear.

Gloria.........Glad to see you back. My mother is gone 10yrs. the end of this month and I still have to stop myself when I catch myself thinking that I have to call and tell her something.

Kayzoola.........If your cat wants to start heading east, he's welcome to my rodents.

janehadji..........Sorry about your missed lunch, sounds like you put the time to good use.

Heather.........As always...........LOVE the new pic.; beautiful children!!

Liz............Those bags can be easily made by anyone----just pour rice (not instant) in a sock and tie it off
    microwave and instant heat for spot relief.

Dee Dee..........I've also heard (just this am at yoga) that a dash of tumeric in warm milk will help you sleep. I have warm milk every night, so I plan on trying it. Also a fan of Fresh Market here.

Katla..............So glad the pain wasn't cardiac related!!! Hope it's all gone and you are feeling much better!

Hello and hugs to everyone else; hope you have wonderful weekends!!!

NOT looking forward to next weeks' forcasted bad weather
    I am SOOOOO over this, this I could have had in Michigan!!!!

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

PS Katla...........Happy Anniversary!!!
  • jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Katla - Happy 44th!! :flowerforyou: Seems like a bunch of us were married in 1970.

Well, it's supposed to be warmer today, but we had snow flurries a bit ago - flakes were HUGE. So glad it didn't last. Unfortunately, yet another storm is projected for next week, and some reports say it has the potential to be a blizzard. :angry: It was nice seeing a bit of bare ground for a little while anyway.

Jill in western MA
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Katla :flowerforyou: :drinker: Happy 44th Anniversary to you and dh from another 1970 couple
    Juanita in sudbury
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary Katla. WE aren't far behind, will be 42 this year,

I love my tablet, it's an Ipad mini. I have gotten used to the turning pages on the book but I had a nook before I got my Ipad. We don't usually spend a lot on gifts for our girls but our daughter here in town sometimes we buy her a little more since she does so much for us, especially me and she is divorced so only has the one small income. Anyway she said her young, at that time, boxer ate it!:noway: She has a boarder from work and he bout a Sprint phone plan and it offered a Samsung Galaxy for $49. So of course she bought it. She works at Cintas which cleans industrial uniforms and a lot of other stuff. She works in cleaning the dryers and maintaining them. So as she crawls inside these huge things and cleans the lint traps she finds a lot of things. She usually finds about $50 a week. One time she found this really pretty amythyst looking ring and thought it would fit me. She thought it looked like costume jewelry so she gave it to me. Well it has not turned my finger green after about a year and looks just like it did so I guess it isn't costume jewelry. They do have a policy that they find a large bill like $100 or jewelry they have to turn it in. If it isn't claimed then they keep it. She kept an eye on the message boards to see if anyone called to say they lost a ring and they didn't so I guess the ring is permanently mine. I wear it along with my wedding rings on a chain around my neck. She is on a strict budget, taking care of 3 big dogs costs money, and uses her dryer finds as her mad money.

Today isn't as nice as yesterday weatherwise but it is still sunny and 48*. Yesterday it got up to 68*. But tomorrow it's time for the winter coat again.:ohwell:

Talk later, Joyce, Indiana
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Saturday and sunshine as well - what a treat. For some reason the dogs insisted I get up at 7:30 this morning and get them out for a walk. They must know it isn't a work day and that we could have a longer time out. The sun comes and goes but as long as it is melting the snow, I'm happy. I managed to rake the part of the yard that is free of snow. Ground is still frozen but the maple seeds are easier to rake before they burst and start to root.

The local grocery had primulas on for $1.28 yesterday and I just couldn't resist their happy colours so I have daffodils and primulas all over the house at the moment. I didn't realize that they have a lovely smell too. I guess I never noticed it from the outside plants.

I've started doing some reps with 5 lb weights each evening. I noticed my arms don't feel as strong as before so I think I'd better address that. I really don't want to be weak in my old age.

My goodness, all that exercise so early in the day has me yawning. Maybe I'll read for a bit and have a coffee. Time to Skype with long distance children today.
    Bye for now
    Lila in the Kootenays BC