WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2014

Options

Replies

• Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking and following the posts. Spent a couple of hours in the yard yesterday morning trimming things up and cutting off frost damage on some things. Also went to Gibbs Gardens again yesterday - the daffodils are glorious!

2vns5xt.jpg

29vf1mu.jpg

s498v9.jpg

Gail, metro ATL
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    2zef5zo.jpg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi all;
    Ell – welcome!!! Dive in this is a really nice group of gals!

Alison- you are entitled to feel the way you feel; period! And in this case it sounds justified! Sometimes folks do stuff that is just wrong.:angry:
    Carol – Wowza! :bigsmile: How wonderful, you have worked hard to get there and deserve it! Enjoy flaunting your cute tush in those jeans!
    Patty – great we can’t wait to hear the results! And good job to balance where you can and get back on track:smile:
    Beth – I would have a hard time if I could not get out to exercise and “earn” the extra calories I need.. So many of the gals do a DVD or a gym class; neither of those are options for me but maybe you could do one of those to give you more buffer in your calorie budget?
    Gardengail – the pictures are amazing!!! :flowerforyou:

I have spent the afternoon digging through the taxes - I kept up pretty good until Sept. then the business got really busy and I got behind:grumble: But I am working through it...

For dinner I made Chinese Hot &Sour soup using the recipe on the box of Swanson's Hot and Sour Soup base - so DARN good and 147 calories a serving I had 2! the only bummer is it is really high in sodium. But so easy; I might get on the swanson web page and see if they make a low sodium one - I have never seen it... I am not much of a soup girl; I like it fine, I just don't make it - always seem to make so much I have to eat it for weeks, but this made 4 servings and I already ate 2 so not so bad.

Have a great evening - Oh anyone else missing their sunday night fix of Downton Abby?
    Kim in Sunny N. CAL
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Home at last! I've missed quite a bit and I'll see you all tomorrow. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • tazgirl1960
    tazgirl1960 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies.:flowerforyou:
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies:bigsmile:
    Beautiful blooming trees (is that a pun?):flowerforyou: :laugh:
    Gardengail the daffodils look awesome.... remembered Wordsworth -ten thousand did I see at a glance
    Sylvia I was :laugh: imagine the smart bloke :sad: who got his BMW painted for a meal :laugh:
    Tina you have been missed
    Margaret love the attitude
    Meg keep popping in, we miss you
    Katla welcome back home!
    The weekend went off in a blur....... went for a special meditation meet on account of my Spiritual guru Shri Nirmala Mataji's birthday . Then we managed to go for a much talked about hindi, bolywood movie called" Queen". It was about a young girl brought up with traditional Indian values, who has been dreaming of her Honeymoon. On the eve of the wedding the fiance breaks up with her as he feels he is in a different league having spent some time in London. The girl called Rani, which is hindi for Queen feels absolutely shattered, what with her parents having spent their savings on all the preparations and other people who might mock her ( thats how most Indians would react:grumble: :explode: ) .
    What was great was she takes off on the trip to Paris and Amsterdam, that she had planned and explores new horizons. It is also wonderful that people are liking this movie. More power to young girls and women. My DH and I went along with our daughter and all of us loved it.:drinker: :love:
    NSV : I sat through the entire movie and didnt have any Popcorn:blushing:
    Today is weight lifting day.
    High fives to all who are celebrating
    Anamika from Mumbai
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody! :flowerforyou:

Cynthia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone from sunny, but frosty Hampshire UK! :flowerforyou:

Anamika - sounds like a great film. Hope it inspires people!:flowerforyou:

Katla - Welcome Home!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: No place like it!

Carol - 8 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆♥ ♥ ♥ Yeah!

Gail - Fabulous daffodils! What an uplifting sight! We always get excited when it is bluebell time in our local wildlife woods. Gorgeous!

Kim - we are soon to sow our chard seeds. I love it just stripped from the stem and lightly boiled, then I usually drain it, squeeze some lemon juice over it and toss it in the pan. Garlic can be good with it and once upon a time ( :cry: ) I used to add butter or olive oil. Also good stir fried with fresh ginger and garlic, touch of chilli, - again I think it needs lemon or lime juice.

I had fun yesterday buying bits and pieces on the computer. I personalised a card for my friend from university who has to go into hospital on Wednesday to have her insides all stitched back in. :ohwell: :sick: Sent her a friendship token as my friends on the weekend were delighted with theirs.:happy: Then I bought a blue plastic tablecloth and plates for when my brother's family come for lunch. We are going to have chocolate fondue for dessert and I don't want to be fussing about the table while the kids drop chocolate all over the place. DH will cut up lots of fruit and I also ordered lots of different sprinkles. We will also have chopped nuts. I haven't done this as a dessert before so it will be a steep learning curve!:laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
    I really enjoy this sort of planning. I like anticipating fun, having fun and remembering fun. And I love feeding people!:love::heart:

I tried my blood pressure machine this morning and it was on the high side. Try again tomorrow. DH'S was "ideal" so it is working properly. Then the doctor's rang about my arm sleeve prescription. That seems to be sorted out now. The one I like costs £31! I will get it free on presciption. I like a silky black one, which looks much smarter than the surgical beige. Almost a fashion statement!:laugh:

The Hairy Dieter's Marsala chicken was so delicious last night that we decided it would be a bit of a waste just to have the remains in a sandwich for lunch. So I will make a sort of Asian spicy stirfry with lots of veg and noodles tonight. May do shiritaki for me. Still got a bit of minty yoghourt to dribble on the top.:love:

Love Heather in Hampshire UK

Forgot to say I've lost the weekend lb at last! Hooray! :drinker: Now want to dip down under 10 stone again to allow some leeway.
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to All, I feel really good and ready to start the new week. I am logging food and exercise today, from beginning to end. I plan to sign up for and attend the Weds, Thurs and Friday lunch exercise classes this week. I don't work the second job on Weds or Saturday so plan to do my weight training on those two days. Saturday is also cycling and ab class. What I really need to do is start getting up earlier and doing some type of morning cardio. I'll work on that. My biggest obstical is my own self, I convince myself that I don't have time but then find myself at home, bored and sitting in front of the TV, mindlessly watching something I don't even care for or have already watched. I am tempted to get rid of cable as I swear I pay for nothing anyway, it's always same old same old.
    I am so looking forward to some decent weather. Our high today is expected to be 40, I don't really see to much popping out of the ground here yet, but soon, I hope. I crave sun right now, I am so looking forward to walking and basking warmth and sunshine.

Margaret, The movie did indeed show the importance of thinking for ourselves, and I think gave a peek as to what it would be like if we were actually all the same as well. My gd and sister loved it.

Yannie, the chili sounds good and I love pineapple salsa. I’ll have to remember it next chili making time.

Kim N CAL, The Chinese Hot & Sour sounds good as well, I do have to watch my sodium but am still checking it out. I’d like to start making more of my food and getting away from processed stuff.

Guess it's time to get to work, wishing everyone a healthy good day, prayers to all.
    Patty, Cincinnati.
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Today is tile for the kitchen. We smoked salmon last night on the grill. I made large spinach salads and put the salmon steaks over them . You get creative w/o a kitchen! Even added a small glass of wine.

I am down another 1/2 pound, reset my goal to lose 12 pounds, but really haven't decided what a good weight is for me yet.

Patty, good exercise plan. Before I retired I did my workout in the morning, never knew what time I would get home. It became a habit quickly.

Anamika, the movie sounds inspiring!

Eli, welcome! This is a great group!

Gail, thanks for the beautiful pics!

Have a great Monday everyone.

Prayers to all in need.

Cindy in OK :heart:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

It`s the start of the week and I have less time for the computer (to play) today:sad: .
    I`m thinking of you all and wishing everyone well:flowerforyou: !!!

Welcome to everyone new!!! Hope you`ll come in often and chat!

Alison :smile: I`m wishing the best for your FIL:flowerforyou: !!!

Barbie :smile: I`ll look for that book, hopefully it will inspire me to get the weights out of trunk:laugh: !

Cindy in OK :smile: I`m not a techie either:noway: , several of the ladies on this thread have helped me post pics! Love the quote:love: !

Jb :smile: That sounds like a delish recipe:love: !!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Margaret :smile: Coffee:drinker: and water:drinker: !!! Hope you`re feeling better today:flowerforyou: ! The cucumber soup sounds good!!! Congrats on a great buy for a swimsuit! Love the quote!

Sylvia :smile: When those teenage girls get to be our age and look in the mirror…well let`s just say…payback time:wink: !!! My mother would have been horrified if I had done that as a teenager, she wouldn`t have put up it with from me, I was taught to respect my elders!!! Congrats on being so close to the 100`s!!!! Love the joke:laugh: !!!

Kayzoola :smile: Hope you survived the pyracantha:laugh: !!!

Heather :smile: I do have fun bossing the boys:love: ! Sounds like you`re getting ready to have loads of fun!!

Renny :smile: Love the quote!!! It’s so appropriate for me right now:sad: !

Kim in N.CAL :smile: Love that Levi has learned to read:laugh: ! That hot and sour soup sounds delish!!! I use a low sodium chicken broth, the brand name is Pacific and it has 70 mg of sodium per cup.

Carol :smile: Glad you had a great time!!! Woo hoo…congrats on the size 8:bigsmile: !!!

Patty :smile: Yay for getting the test done:bigsmile: !!!

Meg :smile: Good to see you:happy: !!!

Pennie :smile: Sounds like you hit with the gremlins on the computer:angry: ! Glad DH was able to help you get it repaired!

Beth :smile: 14 degrees…brrrr!!!( Should have a shivering icon here)

Yanniejannie :smile: That chili sounds delish!

Gail :smile: Beautiful pics:love: !!!! Thanks for sharing them!

Katla :smile: Glad you`re home:flowerforyou: !

Tina :smile: Hi! Good to see you again:happy: !

Anaminka :smile: Your weekend sounds wonderful:love: ! The movie sounds great too! Yay for no popcorn!!!

I am more than out of time this morning…yikes:grumble: ! Have a wonderful day ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: and log your food!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Congrats to UVa!!!.........that was the first bb game I've watched in ages........went to bed before it was over. Tried the tumeric in my warm milk last night----yuck, not much liking the taste.......don't know if it did what it was supposed to do, but I do remember very vivid dreams.

Gail........enjoyed the pics, just beautiful.

Kim.......love hot and sour soup, must look for that recipe.

Anamika.............what a great movie!!!

Heather.........your dishes sound delish; I've never had chard, but you are tempting me!

Patty............busy week for you!

Cindy..........hope the tile work goes smoothly.

Only barely 30 when I went out to feed my birds this am.........and we aren't to get out of the 30's today. Seems to me I was sunbathing this time of year in the past...........not that I do that anymore.

Gym for me, then spend some time with neighbors dogs---I'm caring for while she's away, then over to Gwen's (she sounded pretty good each time I spoke with her over the weekend!!!).

Off to gym
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Let's see if this posts correctly....

For the most kind person (I'm too lazy to go back and look) who said I didn't look like I'd ever worn a 22W...

50501853_5529.jpg

These are from September 2012, September 2013, and December 2013. I am going to try to update the last one if I can get my friend to send me pics from this weekend.

Dang! Had to come back and edit...I was so focused on posting the picture that I forgot to say anything else...

Thanks for all of the congrats! I have not worn a single digit size since I was 17 and had been vomiting for over six months due to gallstones. I weighed considerably less then than I do now. :tongue: I also know that I don't typically shop in upscale stores so I will have to be aware that I will still wear a 10-12 in Walmart jeans. In fact, the same stores don't even carry some of those brands in my area. I also forgot to mention the second best part: All of the marvelous jeans were on clearance so the most I paid for a single pair was $18!

The pictures of the flowers are trees are gorgeous! We have so little blooming around here because of all the ice and snow over the past month. I sincerely hope the predicted ick for this week is the last of it!

I was interrupted in the middle of this, so I guess I'd better get back to work. :ohwell:

Carol in chilly, but sunny, NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    NC Carol: You have done a fabulous job with your weight and your health. WTG! Thanks for sharing the pictures. :flowerforyou:
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good Morning to all,

WOW Carol! What an incredible accomplishment. Makes me feel like anything is possible (on a day that I don't feel like believing it).

Well, I made it through my first day of T25. Thank goodness for the modification lady. I did about 50% high impact, 25% with Tanya and the other 25% somewhere in between. I am more mindful of not blowing out a knee or muscle on the first week so I think it's best not to try high impact squats on the first day.

Hopped on the stationary bike to lower my heart rate when I was done and finished watching The Good Wife since I fell asleep mid way last night. I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED IT! What a shock!

My diet and fitness goals for the week are:

Continue with T25 week 1
    Log my food

Going to keep it "easy":smile: since I'm not feeling my "get up and go" today. Think I might have some of Aaron's virus trying to attack. Took my vitamin C and D. Hope to scare it off before it grabs in.

Happy day to all!

Gloria in 19 degree Metro Detroit
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    I did get to spend time with my friends family after the big party yesterday and it was a ball.it was like when we grew up. so much fun, it is now with the kids involved.. got to see the birthday boy who is just freakin adorable.
    then went up early to see them off,was very nice...
    made DH dinner and lunch and now have meatloaf in the oven for my aunt and Tom later in the week.
    go into work at 12:30 and work until 5
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Carol NC! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so happy for you! Tell us again what at store you got them?

Today I have to go to joplin to get my teeth cleaned. I had an appointment on Friday and totally forgot, despite numerous reminders from their office. I feel especially bad because the dentist is the husband of one of my good friends. The one who hosts our little painting party twice a month.

While I'm there I'm going shopping for a dress for my granddaughters birthday. My son said all she wants is a pink dress. She is a hard size to find. She's very short and getting sort of round in the tummy. He said size 16 doesn't fit her anymore. So, I'm not sure what to get, but I will look. Maybe something from the ladies department. She's turning 10 on Wednesday.

Gotta go feed hubby his breakfast. Have a great day.

Sylvia
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Home from gym, on the way to take the neighbors dogs out...........had to come on to say----AMAZING!!!!, WTG, Carol!!!.........you look wonderful!!!

yanniejannie
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Sylvia - I go the jeans at Dillards and Belk. Not super upscale stores in general, but shopping in a high end neighborhood in Charlotte means I had access to different brands and styles. I didn't get the most expensive jeans (two pairs are Levi, but not in styles carried here and the other pair are Chip and Pepper, a brand I've never heard of) and there were people "trained" to work in denim to help with fitting. The town I live in is about 45,000 and not all that prosperous, so no higher end merchandise here and mostly little old ladies as sales clerks. In fact, the Dillards in Southpark Mall actually carries some bras that fit me! Here, the little old lady department store folks don't even know that HH and J are cup sizes. In Belk, my friend and I had a chuckle over me checking a clearance rack blouse for size and the massive recoil when I saw that the 50% off price was $179. Yikes! Oh, and Belk is a Southern store based in Charlotte. I'm guessing that Dillards are everywhere. We were too tired to go to Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom which would have been fun. I might take my daughter with me and do a day trip one Saturday and hit some of the stores we missed--just for kicks. I'll wear my new jeans instead of my Goodwill Old Navy finds. :laugh:

Gloria - I'm glad that you find me an inspiration--it helps keep me accountable to know that someone is looking at me as someone to emulate in any way. That is definitely not something I am used to. Thank you!

Thanks, everyone, for the affirmations. They mean so much!

Carol in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    love all the spring pictures:bigsmile: thanks, i cant wait for the peepers:heart: