My Experience with Raw Vegan 80/10/10 Challenge Month

Options

Replies

• DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Can you have mashed potatoes on 80/10/10?
    Yes.

How about boiled potatoes?
    Yep.

How about freedom fries?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Yep.

How about freedom fries?
    No. The oil in "freedom" fries makes the percentage of calories from fat way too high.
  • DYELB
    Options
    Yes.

Yep.

How about freedom fries?
    No. The oil in "freedom" fries makes the percentage of calories from fat way too high.

So I could do freedom fries if I baked them?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Yep.

How about freedom fries?

2428187112_fa8dbf0e17.jpg?v=0
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Yep.

How about freedom fries?

it would depend on how much oil you sprayed on them, even baking fries tends to add some fat.
  • DYELB
    Options
    Yes.

Yep.

How about freedom fries?

it would depend on how much oil you sprayed on them, even baking fries tends to add some fat.

Hmmmmm, how about potato pancakes then?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Are they allowed to

mashed-potato-o.gif

???
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Are they allowed to

mashed-potato-o.gif

???

I see what you did there.
    I strongly approve! :laugh:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yes.

What about sweet potatoes?
    Absolutely.

Can you have vodka?

Of course you can........he so Absolut!! Oh wait.......he said, Absolutely. My bad!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Yep.

How about freedom fries?

Tater tots?
  • MrJThomasEsq
    MrJThomasEsq Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    What about Tater Salad?

Silent.jpg
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Food diary still closed? That's too bad. I'm sure there is a lot we could learn from it.

For example, I bet it's mostly potatoes.

No potatoes, I eat miles like you eat cookies.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Food diary still closed? That's too bad. I'm sure there is a lot we could learn from it.

One or two miles every other day or so except when you're bulking and then it's three or five miles?

And here I thought you were an elite athlete.

LOL.

But seriously, your food diary is *still* closed...which makes me wonder, what are you afraid of? I have no reason to hide my food diary, despite people like you taking potshots based on your own distorted food biases. I wonder what you're hiding. Could it be that your talk is more impressive than your walk? Perhaps you're a recent convert to this One True Way™ of eating and you don't want people to see your past history. No, that can't be it...you started here in January 2014.

*shrug*

I guess we'll never know.

ETA: I just realized that this isn't the same member who was picking apart my food diary despite him having a closed food diary, but a *different* member...who also has a closed food diary. Why is it that those who preach the loudest about their superior way of eating seem most likely to have a closed food diary???
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

good grief. eye roll.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    what about spud-u-like with tuna mayo and baked beans?
  • DYELB
    Options
    I love reading about weak people posturing.
  • stronghealthywoman
    stronghealthywoman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, this is a great thread! Right now I'm debating between following a raw/vegan diet or following a low carb high protein diet called (see www.Bearware.info). My goal is weight loss & improved energy. Ideally, I would like to be able to call this way of eating a healthy lifestyle, not a diet.

For over a year I was gluten and dairy free, I ate protein, veggies & fruits and had soy. My energy was decent which was important due to all the training I was doing, I needed it for my swims, biking and running! Because I have a horrible sweet tooth I also ate processed foods containing lots of junk during this time. Still, I didn't have a weigt problem then, which was only a year & a half ago.

However, a number of months ago I 'fell off the wagon', & began eating too much of the wrong foods, items that my body was not conditioned to eating. To trump a newly bad diet, I stopped training. Ouch! That was a big mistake.

Although I'm getting back on track now, exercising again and my diet is improving, my BUT! Is that I need to get the unhealthy weight off fast! I'm a 31 female, 5'6 and a smaller frame.

In your experience, what type of diet has worked best for you in terms of weight loss & is this diet a way of life for you? Low carb high protein vs. raw/vegan?

For all you lovers of raw check out dr. Fuhrmans book, eat to live. He advocates a plant based diet. Amazing doctor!

Hi...

I been a raw/vegan for almost 2 years and I honestly can say that I would not go back to being a meat eater, I'm not saying that if I'm invited to a family gathering I won't eat it, I mean eating it 1 or 2 a year is not going affect your body as if you ate meat every day.

But I can honestly believe that a raw/vegan lifestyle is a great approach because not only are you providing nutrients to your body but also your feeding it elements that the body recognize/breakdown.

Its a lifestyle, not a "diet" that can be maintained for life.

I see it this way, a "diet" if you get off it, you will gain the weight back and more, because its not something you can keep up forever.

A lifestyle is what it says, its a way of living, something that can be done forever, and won't have to worry about coming off because its a lifestyle, not a "diet" that you do for 6 months and that's it.

Like I mention before I been a raw/vegan for 2 years and I can say it has helped me lose weight and maintain my weight when I don't work out, because again its a lifestyle not a "diet".

I hope this helps.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

One or two miles every other day or so except when you're bulking and then it's three or five miles?

And here I thought you were an elite athlete.

LOL.

But seriously, your food diary is *still* closed...which makes me wonder, what are you afraid of? I have no reason to hide my food diary, despite people like you taking potshots based on your own distorted food biases. I wonder what you're hiding. Could it be that your talk is more impressive than your walk? Perhaps you're a recent convert to this One True Way™ of eating and you don't want people to see your past history. No, that can't be it...you started here in January 2014.

*shrug*

I guess we'll never know.

ETA: I just realized that this isn't the same member who was picking apart my food diary despite him having a closed food diary, but a *different* member...who also has a closed food diary. Why is it that those who preach the loudest about their superior way of eating seem most likely to have a closed food diary???

Elite athlete? Nah, I'm just like you, nothing. Pass the dbol & whey.

And that is what they call winning.

Jof, you have won the internet.

MFW+the+deer+_45ffc06f32262bba660e10b01815e2c1.gif
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say freedom fries?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    And that is what they call winning.

Jof, you have won the internet.

MFW+the+deer+_45ffc06f32262bba660e10b01815e2c1.gif

I've been working on this flawless victory for a couple of years now. I certainly didn't expect it to happen on this thread.

:drinker: