Liquid diet

Options

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,978 Member
    Options
    hello people
    i had actually followed this diet. and i am happy to say i lost 100lbs. i was 250 lbs and now im 180 lbs. i have foloowed this diet for
    80 days and i am happy to say it works. gogetter 1314 doent listen to these negative people. they are wrong. you do what you feel is right.. ur diet works. go for it. dont listen to these losers
    Added 30lbs so far..............k, thanks.
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have read topics on many subjects on this site. Yes some want to help, some have concerns and some are sarcastic *kitten* that are critical and use there opinion to tear a person down because they don't approve. It is your body, you will do what you want, and you will deal with the consequences good or bad. Read through take in the advice and ignore the rest don't waste your time or feed into drama. I have done almost every diet out there. I did the Hollywood diet which 2 days all liquid has all vitamins. I was hungry craved other foods and only lost a few probably lack of weight of food. I workout with a personal trainer who sold body by vi which a nutritional shake has all vitamins but is only suppose to substitute two meals a day. Was full, cost a lot, lost weight I seen one lady lose 100lbs but she also did this with working out 6 days a week a hr of bootcamp cardio. She is keeping it off but the exercise and choices of food after were the life change. I think all real restrictive diets a re hard to stick to after a period of being on them. It makes it hard to not binge after but if you have the self control and change your diet after quitting shakes and exercise with your new healthy food choices you can keep the weight off. If you go this quick dropping route an think you have the self control to do it during an after than make sure you are getting your vitamins and protein needed from the shakes. Also check the shakes for things like sugar level to c if they will really benefit u. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have read topics on many subjects on this sight. Yes some want to help, some have concerns and some are sarcastic *kitten* that are critical and use there opinion to tear a person down because they don't approve. It is your body, you will do what you want, and you will deal with the consequences good or bad. Read through take in the advice and ignore the rest don't waste your time or feed into drama. I have done almost every diet out there. I did the Hollywood diet which 2 days all liquid has all vitamins. I was hungry craved other foods and only lost a few probably lack of weight of food. I workout with a personal trainer who sold body by vi which a nutritional shake has all vitamins but is only suppose to substitute two meals a day. Was full, cost a lot, lost weight I seen one lady lose 100lbs but she also did this with working out 6 days a week a hr of bootcamp cardio. She is keeping it off but the exercise and choices of food after were the life change. I think all real restrictive diets a re hard to stick to after a period of being on them. It makes it hard to not binge after but if you have the self control and change your diet after quitting shakes and exercise with your new healthy food choices you can keep the weight off. If you go this quick dropping route an think you have the self control to do it during an after than make sure you are getting your vitamins and protein needed from the shakes. Also check the shakes for things like sugar level to c if they will really benefit u. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

No... just no...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    hello people
    i had actually followed this diet. and i am happy to say i lost 100lbs. i was 250 lbs and now im 180 lbs. i have foloowed this diet for
    80 days and i am happy to say it works. gogetter 1314 doent listen to these negative people. they are wrong. you do what you feel is right.. ur diet works. go for it. dont listen to these losers

You're um ... not real good at math.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    hello people

I bet a large percentage was lean mass.

You probably lost 35% lean mass and the other 75% body fat?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    hello people

Strong first post.

Please give a detailed account of what you did so we can all be shamed into stunned silence.

And before and after pics, please!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have not read through all the posts, so apologies if that has been mentioned already:

Joe Cross did the movie "Fat, Sick and nearly dead" about his sixty day juice diet. I think there is also a book out. You might want to look at it as it might be useful for your liquid diet.

Stef.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hello people

Joined March 2014. Posts: 1. Hello, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    hello people

/\ This
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I can kind of see where it's coming from. Liquids tend to pass through the system more easily. At least coffee does. And for me, orange juice. Oof.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I have not read through all the posts, so apologies if that has been mentioned already:

Joe Cross did the movie "Fat, Sick and nearly dead" about his sixty day juice diet. I think there is also a book out. You might want to look at it as it might be useful for your liquid diet.

Stef.

Yep, mentioned.

Also mentioned as worst commercial for a juicer or, I guess for some people, the best.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Unless you have no teeth or have just had gastric surgery there is no need to be on a liquid diet. Eat real food. It's much more sustainable.

Personally, I was on a liquid diet when I was a baby. I then moved on to baby food, then normal food, which is where I am now. Sorry for the sarcasm but it's true
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    hello people

You do math like the 250-100 = 180 guy ... hmmmmm ....
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    hello people

I see what you did there, and I laughed....pretty loudly......at work....haha
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    hello people

Sounds about right. :flowerforyou:

OP, I read your reason for wanting to do this, but I can't make sense of it. Many of the people who have responded to your post have given great advice and know what they're talking about. They're not being mean, they're just trying to save you a lot of time and grief.
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Last year, for a few days at a time, I would consume only freshly-prepared juice, herbal tea and water. It was my “jumpstart” for each month for a good part of the year. I never did it for longer than a week, and I actually felt really great, lost weight and it helped me start off the month making smart food choices and typically finishing that way.

However, in order to build muscle/provide myself with energy for a legitimate workout, I couldn’t stick to juice only for lengthy amounts of time. I also was concerned about not consuming enough fat and protein. And though it was the only negative side effect I noticed, my hair was coming out in abnormally large amounts. I wasn’t balding by any means, but I knew it wasn’t normal. That was when I realized I couldn’t stick with a juice only plan for multiple days at a time any longer.

Now, I incorporate fresh green juice into my day (one glass in the morning and one in the evening), but I eat real foods, too. On a typical day, I eat/drinks lots of veggies and fruits, and I enjoy some high-quality proteins and fats. I read labels on anything prepackaged. I try to educate myself about the food I eat (where it comes from, how it “comes to be etc.).

I understand what it is like to think a juice only “cleanse” may be the answer, but the truth is, with the exception of extreme cases it is not a viable solution.

Eat smart. Eat enough. Move around some, too. That is what really works and is a long-term plan.

All that being said, I have a feeling you will still try to drink nothing but juice for a long time. If you do, good luck. Listen to your body. If it’s telling you that you need fat and protein, listen to it and ditch exclusively juicing. Still juice but don’t only juice. Eat real food, too.

~Andrea
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    hello people

You have just proven this is not a sustainable method. Do the maths - you weighed 250lbs, lost 100lbs by not eating (reached 150lbs). You now weigh 180lbs...that looks like a solid weight increase to me. Congratulations! :huh:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Not sustainable, so definitely not for me. But whatever works for you, go for it.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    hello people

Solid first post.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ...I mean, I've blended chicken and veggies before to make a soup... But a whole PIZZA? Can it even be done...? OP, thank you, you have created my new reason for living.
    My sister would blend subway tuna subs when she had oral surgery a few years ago. It was the most disgusting thing I had seen. She loved that mess. It was like chum.

Like chum. That made me laugh. :laugh: